Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nash Rawiller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Greed is a funny thing. We sit here looking at someone who has far more than us and wonder what on earth would possess you to risk it all for a few extra bucks?

It's amazing how quickly you go from thinking about $X would be awesome to achieve and if I ever got there I'd need no more, to actually achieving it and it becomes the norm again and you're looking to more as the new measure of enough.

It's all greed.

there is never enough money for some, as we've witnessed with Bond, Gore, Skase etc...

Nash is somewhat arrogant but didn't think he was also stupid...

racing just lurches from one scandal to another...I can't bring myself to risk money on these cheats anymore...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:23am
It is understood he was detained by Hong Kong ICAC officials at the international airport on Wednesday as he tried to leave the Asian racing capital after being given his ban.

Facing uphill battle now
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:33am
Was any organised crime involvement reported? Triads are pretty active in racing in Asia as well as Australia. They can be convincing when they want something.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:38am
PT, exactly what I was discussing with mates.

Beadman tells a story early on of saying no enough times until one day a horse dropped dead underneath him and he came crashing down. He had no uncertainty that it was a message to get on board or get out. So he got out.

It's either a case of greed or no choice.
Sunline...simply supreme
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 11:45am
I suppose his wife and kids will be booted out of the house?
HKJC own the apartment they live in
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 12:54pm
I just hope his family will be safe and things work out for him.   I know the money is good there but its so risky, altho there are other jocks who seem to ride there for years with no dramas ?
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I just hope his family will be safe and things work out for him.   I know the money is good there but its so risky, altho there are other jocks who seem to ride there for years with no dramas ?

Follow the law and no problems.

We tolerate jocks getting $50,000 deposit they can't explain and treat them like Royalty. The jocks close " mate " gets 30 years later.
Or another having $10,000 on one that wins the race, when he was riding the 2nd fav against it.
   We do own Fine Cotton aye.

We should follow the "jobs off shore" example and let Indonesia try our drug cases and Hong Kong be our Racing Stewards.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:35pm
Greedy yes but moreso gobsmackingly stupid given the Munce precedent. 
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
F#*k him, he knew the rules
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Follow the law and no problems.

We tolerate jocks getting $50,000 deposit they can't explain and treat them like Royalty. The jocks close " mate " gets 30 years later.
Or another having $10,000 on one that wins the race, when he was riding the 2nd fav against it.
   We do own Fine Cotton aye.

We should follow the "jobs off shore" example and let Indonesia try our drug cases and Hong Kong be our Racing Stewards.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:14am
Yeah, I know, but maybe if the gangs were pressuring him ??
But on the other hand,,,,just go to the authorities and tell them whats happening.  How hard is that ? 
Too silly for words. 
animals before people.
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:47am

he chose to be greedy and dumb deserves everything g coming..its the best gig in the world and they still think they can get more...no sympathy for him at all.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:45am
The mind boggles,if this is happening in the most supervised racing precinct,what the hell is happening here
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

The mind boggles,if this is happening in the most supervised racing precinct,what the hell is happening here
spot on
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:46pm

But on the other hand,,,,just go to the authorities and tell them whats happening.  How hard is that ? 
Too silly for words. 
Maybe he did.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:55pm

Too silly for words. 

He has family in HK doesn't he? Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:59pm
Unfortunately he's going to be the scape goat of the week.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

I support the rules but they are selectively enforced.
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:59am
This has gone quite.

Any updates ???
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:31pm
Disqualified jockey Nash Rawiller is heading back to Australia after avoiding civil charges from Hong Kong's Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC), The Daily Telegraph has reported.
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:13pm
Has to serve out his HK suspension so won't be riding here until Aug 2019 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:26pm
Maybe drive cabs for a crust for a year?
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 1:06pm
Lucky to escape further punishment but it'll be good to have him back in Sydney.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:06am
Returns in Mauritius
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Batman Batman wrote:

Returns in Mauritius

Fair dinkum ?

Is he on the knose....
reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:54am
Hope he stays there
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:58pm
I am just wondering what you have to go through to be given a licence in Mauritus, as it seems if you can not ride anywhere else you end up here.

I suspect that Froggy Newitt maybe the next arrival, the way the Vic's are talking!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:04am
Can resume trackwork next Thurs 13/6
Will resume riding from August 1
Based in Melbourne
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

I support the rules but they are selectively enforced.

God only knows what pressures and politics were going on behind the scenes? like the Darren Weir thing
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 1:44pm
Done more then enuff time. Will bounce back to top!! Who doesn't tip horses in Hong Kong??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>