Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Housing collapse 2012 for Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:18pm
Your on the ball Doc.       . We are always good for a laugh on TBV.

The suggestion of me missing out ,    amused me.   May be the reason I wet myself .   
Well on the way to 90 , I don't spend time anymore worrying about capital gain.
I'm still thrifty tho ,    That's why I won't go to the Doctors anymore =       I'm off to the undertaker next .     >
Cut out the middle man.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">Whereabouts in Sydney E&E if you don't mind me asking, and what sold you on it?</span>

I’m in Brisbane DrE. Have bought in a few spots. First Acacia Ridge as it was cheap to get in to. That’s now been sold at the start of the year as wasn’t doing well but served it’s purpose at the time. Currently in 2x houses in carina area which were bought 5 & 2 yrs ago. Bought there as I grew up in the next suburb towards the CBD. This suburb went through significant change and subsequent boom over the last 15yrs but particularly in the early 2010s. The suburb I bought in was/is like the neighbouring suburb 15 years and was a no brainer as being likely to undergo the same change. Has proven correct. Currently looking at buying around the Lawnton/Petrie area. They are quite a way out but suspect they will experience good growth. Anyone wanting to know why should just plug those names in to google.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Sydney E&E - that market is going to go through major pain when this correction bites - hard to see any value in areas around here that I would want to invest within the next 5-7 years, or longer.

I like Brisbane, it is well overdue for good growth, and yields are quite good.

<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">Bought recently in Melbourne (off the plan apartment pre stamp duty changes), and my next one will be in the next 12 months in Brisvegas.</span>
<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">
</span>
Don't know Carina, but I assume that you are talking about a formerly working class suburb undergoing "gentrification" (see West End Qld, Redfern NSW, Collingwood Vic)- always positive for demand, and that = growth.Thumbs Up. Lawnton/Petrie is in the Northern Growth Corridor, so, I would just be wary of the kind of property that will be in demand for rental (and the kind of tenant you will get) ... very affordable first home area, and long term growth for H & L ... maybe town houses close to schools and amenities would work well there.

I've been told to look at The Gap ... nice area, tightly held, and due to the geographic boundary there is limited land to develop new stock, and good proximity to the city.

Brisbane is way overdue - 

Comparing Sydney v Brisbane Median House prices;

Sydney - $624,000
Brisbane - $559,000 = 89.6%

<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">Sydney - $1,124,000
<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">Brisbane - $773,000  = 68.8%<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">
<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">If you look at charts going back many years, the variance is due to shrink again, in fact overdue, the big floods in 2011 are partially to blame for the lag, but the catch up will come.<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">
<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">All things being equal with regard to immigration numbers, as soon as there is any significant economic growth, and a rise in interest rates that will follow, Sydney and Melbournians will be cashing in, and the southern invasion will be on again!<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">
<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">We have already seen a tightening of money for overseas and local investment buyers that has caused a bit of oversupply in Brisbane apartments, however, this has also resulted in more difficult borrowing conditions for developers. The wash up is that many of the development approvals for the next 2 years will simply not start, and there's hardly a major property development on the drawing board in SE Queensland beyond 2019 ... not enough supply for the coming demand off a low base = BOOM!Big smile<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">
<div style="font-size: 13.6px;">... or I might just go direct to the MM's Sale, either that or get some Bitcoin advice from Whale.Wink

Carina/Carina Heights is an eastern suburb around 7km or so from the CBD. Houses are (or were) predominantly post-war on 600-800sqm blocks. Some blocks even bigger. Lacks modern entertainment and dining precincts that you see in more recently developed suburbs. It is very very similar to Camp Hill which is next door and where I grew up. Over the last 15 years Camp Hill has gone through a phase of renovations, redevelopments, cafes, restaurants etc to the point where it’s now quite sought after. The next domino is the Carina area. It’s already happened a lot since I first bought here 5 years ago but there is more to come. Lots of development, blocks being subdivided left right and centre etc. Another 5yrs or so and it will be similar to what Camp Hill has become.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:44pm
Good Timing ... Tonight on 9 . about 7Pm = Brisbane Real Estate attracting Foreign buyers big time for new properties.      Catch up as you say Doc .      . > The shortage will be when the usual influx comes, from those priced out of the Southern States.
Your percentage gap is a good guide.
There is lots of New Properties going up all over the Brisbane Suburbs.   I'm at 4035 and it's huge.   The gains might be much bigger than I would have guessed now that it has started.
   One sold in my small complex 465K 2 months ago, previous best 420K .
maybe 12/18 months before.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:04pm
Carina sounds more like Bankstown E&E, (without the Radical Islamic Terrorists!) ... and only half the distance to the CBD. 
Prime for the renos, KDRs, duplexs, etc., as they are not making a lot of new land subdivisions that close to the city!Thumbs Up  
If you are near good public transport, even better, transport hubs draw the cafes, etc. 
Can't see anything but good news in the next couple of years ... Av. House price a little below the Brisbane average, at $660k, my tip is 10% p.a. compound growth by Q4 2020 ... you could afford to buy some bitcoins and some shares in a nice yearling in anticipation of your windfall!Wink

Not sure about the growth drivers in the 4035 postcode macca - any big employers nearby?  ... Uni's, Hospitals, Westfields? ... any one of those helps enormously. 

Regardless, being further out, you will be closer to the Brisbane entry level prices, at $570k average home price now, simple supply and demand will bring the growth, but possibly at a slightly lower growth rate (competing with areas like The Northern and Southern growth corridors on price for new stock there) ... still 8 or 9% compounding with certainly help you when you want to flog it and live on a yacht with a crew of scantily clad, immoral, nubile sailors in your twilight years!Hug

this

or this

... at least you will have choices!Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:55am
LOL =      you know how to put some life back into my failing plumbing Doc.
I can look at both pictures now as you worked out.
We may as well take advantage of what our crumpet minded Politicians have created over the last 10 Years.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:04am
BTW Doc ..   These Residential areas around where I am are going OK>
   We do have Peter Dutton looking after us.

Suburb Profile Report for Albany Creek QLD (4035)
Median price :- HOUSE $579,000 >>> UNIT $397,500
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:57am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 7:17am
BUM...      Quick resales . especially Units / apartments , in boom times , usually have a battle recouping purchase prices .   OVERSUPPLY is the name of the game.
Come back in 5 years .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 11:53pm
You need to work hard to find a property that you can buy and sell at a loss in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, but it can be done, and as macca points out, don't hold for too long!

the one line of any importance in that article;

"Across the nation, profit-making resales continue to outweigh those transacted at a loss."

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 11:40am

You need to work hard to find a property that you can buy and sell at a loss in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, but it can be done, and as macca points out, don't hold for too long!

the one line of any importance in that article;

"<span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Across the nation, profit-making resales continue to outweigh those transacted at a loss."</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
</span>
<span style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 13px; line-height: inherit; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: line;"><br style="-sizing: border-;">
</span>

Residential property gain in the mentioned Capital Cities has no end with the present migration policies.     Some 300,000 migrants this year.
When I'm 90 Brisbane Suburbs will have boomed big time as a result of the rush of people , deserting Sydney / Melbourne in droves.
Poorly Governed ,Hot Box, shxt House that QLD is .
SYDNEY is AUSTRALIA.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 11:43am
Sydney probably not much cooler these days, macca. Certainly a stinker of a day in Brisbane today, good day to have a pool.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Sydney probably not much cooler these days, macca. Certainly a stinker of a day in Brisbane today, good day to have a pool.

Totally different heat Max...     The humidity gets me but I am dodging the grim reaper and my CCF & COPD is the handicap for winning a few Sydney starts.        . In better days of course.
   The word pool makes me laugh =     My son & family bragged about their pool , when influencing me to migrate from Sydney.
I've only seen it used once in 9 years.

One man used to work 6 months of the year putting in pools , installing Pool tables , & of course Spa's.

The other 6 months he worked ==    ( wait for it )   Taking them out.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
Melbourne prices predicted to fall by 5% in 2018. Not much considering the gains and they will hopoefully regain the losses eventually, but nobody likes to take a $5 million hit Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Totally different heat Max...     The humidity gets me but I am dodging the grim reaper and my CCF & COPD is the handicap for winning a few Sydney starts.        . In better days of course.
   The word pool makes me laugh =     My son & family bragged about their pool , when influencing me to migrate from Sydney.
I've only seen it used once in 9 years.

One man used to work 6 months of the year putting in pools , installing Pool tables , & of course Spa's.

The other 6 months he worked ==    ( wait for it )   Taking them out.
 Funny thing about pools. You don't seem to have as many of them down Melbourne way. Anyone know why that may be ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:01am

<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">Whereabouts in Sydney E&E if you don't mind me asking, and what sold you on it?</span>

I’m in Brisbane DrE. Have bought in a few spots. First Acacia Ridge as it was cheap to get in to. That’s now been sold at the start of the year as wasn’t doing well but served it’s purpose at the time. Currently in 2x houses in carina area which were bought 5 & 2 yrs ago. Bought there as I grew up in the next suburb towards the CBD. This suburb went through significant change and subsequent boom over the last 15yrs but particularly in the early 2010s. The suburb I bought in was/is like the neighbouring suburb 15 years and was a no brainer as being likely to undergo the same change. Has proven correct. Currently looking at buying around the Lawnton/Petrie area. They are quite a way out but suspect they will experience good growth. Anyone wanting to know why should just plug those names in to google.

Which suburb is that E&E, the suburb you grew up in? Camp Hill or Coorparoo?

Coorparoo has undergone significant change/boom in the last few years!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Which suburb is that E&E, the suburb you grew up in? Camp Hill or Coorparoo?

Coorparoo has undergone significant change/boom in the last few years!

Grew up in Camp Hill Roscoe. Yep Coorparoo is a hive of activity with all the apartment buildings going up for sure. The Coorparoo junction area in particular. Was down at the complex at the old Myer building last week and the shopping precinct looks great. Not sure I’d want to live there (personal preference) but the additional restaurants/entertainment options is definitely a plus.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 9:58am
Always amusing ..   HOUSING COLLAPSE ..    Every year since the early 1950's I've heard that prediction.       > At that Time a Checkoslav migrant gave me some good advice , so I'm only repeating.
   It is easy to lose money investing in anything if you lack common sense. Housing is no different, but better residential property can't go backwards while Migration forces Demand to be greater than Supply.
With Australia taking in some 300000 new settlers last year , and not likely to be able to reduce those numbers by much ,    Residential property , especially in the main Capital Cities & Strong Regional Cities it's   = = Full steam ahead.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:42am
Wonder if the Melbourne Premier took Mr Dutton out to dinner last night, would have been a nice night for it, what's happening to our country?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:48am
https://www.realestate.com.au/news/house-prices-rising-by-more-than-2000-per-day-in-booming-toorak/

MELBOURNE’S richest homeowners are getting richer — some by more than $2000 a day.

Toorak and Princes Hill’s median house prices gained more money per day last year than the average Melbourne household earns in weekly wages, the latest CoreLogic data shows.

The figures reveal Toorak’s median rose a whopping $2322 per day in the year to September 30 to reach $4.9 million, while Princes Hill’s soared $1668 daily to $1.98 million.

Homeowners in three other suburbs watched their property fortunes soar by four-figure sums each day: St Kilda West, up $1506 a day to a $2.42 million median, Carlton, up $1320 daily to $1.465 million, and Flinders, with $1044 daily gains to $1.426 million.

Canterbury, Armadale and Mont Albert were also property goldmines for homeowners, chalking up average daily gains of more than $900 in the year-long period, while Collingwood and St Kilda’s median house prices increased more than $850 per day.

To offer some perspective, the latest Census data shows the average household in Victoria’s capital earns a weekly pay packet of $1542.

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW YOUR SUBURB PERFORMED

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Wonder if the Melbourne Premier took Mr Dutton out to dinner last night, would have been a nice night for it, what's happening to our country?

That statement from the Vic Premier indicates how out of touch he is with everything that is wrong in his State.
Would he take his wife for dinner in the area where the Sudanese led gangs are operating.
He speaks as if these happenings = don't exist.

Our whole Political group present as a very retarded lot.( 1st impressions )
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:58am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:25am
Australia's main Cities will reign in the top group for many moons to come too.

So dependent on migration for growth and most of them wanting the city life will see property values remain solid in these prime residential areas.

With our current levels of new settlers from the shxt boxes of the world
being unsustainable ,    The very long term for OZ may well lose it's shine by the time the Climate change hoax disappears ..   ( 100- 200 years )
Your usual laugh Whale ...   You Listed Tween Heads NSW lololol
Medium House price $345 ...      Your depriving some other Village of an idiot.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:30am

So dependent on migration for growth and most of them wanting the city life will see property values remain solid in these prime residential areas.

being unsustainable ,    The very long term for OZ may well lose it's shine by the time the Climate change hoax disappears ..   ( 100- 200 years )

lol keep trying, I posted the table from an AFR article, I did not actually compose the table Confused and i am not an editor
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

lol keep trying, I posted the table from an AFR article, I did not actually compose the table Confused and i am not an editor

In other words your just a copy & paste man without any "sauce".

Lol    I know that's not the right spelling .....   for BRAINS.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:50am
Can someone tell this mental defective that the word is “MEDIAN”.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:56am

[QUOTE=Whale] [QUOTE=maccamax] Australia's main Cities will reign in the

In other words your just a copy & paste man without any "sauce".

Lol    I know that's not the right spelling .....   for BRAINS.

in other words you are so desperate to get at me you post pathetic comments endlessly LOL

Yes I did not visit each of those localities in Australia and around the world to verify the figures, didn't even do a comparison online.
Simply posted an article I thought may be of interest, from a reasonably reputable source AFR.

Keep trying though Clown

Your mind is really turning to mush, sad,    not really Smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:02am

HELLO ---       The plumber has been.

TBV's shxt House is in operation again.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:03am

It was spilling everywhere with you running rampant.

“Medium” house price. What a moron!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:04am

well lucky you are here, sht cleaning doctor  nurse
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:06am

It was spilling everywhere with you running rampant.

Medium” house price. What a moron!

pretty soon we may need a medium to contact him LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>