Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 263>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
goyougoodthing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goyougoodthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 12:19am
Originally posted by jimdog jimdog wrote:

Today at Muswellbrook great win to Great Choice, makes it now 3 from 4 starts.

This is the beautifully-bred horse that went for a song as a yearling isn't it?
What was the story with him?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 10:21am
Not the Redoutes that went for about 3k?Confused Gee, I hope he is, what a story for the battlers, horses too Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 10:38am
May 11William Inglis and Son Ltd. 2011 Scone Select Yearling SaleArrowfield Stud, Scone NSW$5000, NSW
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 12:43pm
There is a story on Breednet now.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 12:45pm
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 2:04pm
Thanks BD, have yet to learn how to upload a link
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 2:11pm
 Click on the hyperlink symbol  

Copy the address into the box, click preview then ok.

Often it doesn't work first time. Just repeat Invariably works secont timeSmile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 2:15pm
I find it rarely works unless I remove the www. but it it doesn't have one to start with then I'm stymied Wink
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 4:04pm
Gee, thanks guys that helps a lot.
jimdog View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jimdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Not the Redoutes that went for about 3k?Confused Gee, I hope he is, what a story for the battlers, horses too Wink

the story goes that johny robbo was at the sales with Brett Thompson ,the trainer, and liked the horse and put up his hand at the auction at $2500 then bettered his own bid at $5000 accidentally and with no other interest at all won the bid then was syndicated and I was lucky enough to get the last share thanks to John and Brett.
cheers
goyougoodthing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goyougoodthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 12:39am
I always enjoy these yarns - they keep the game interesting.
He must have had some conformation issues though. Would be good to hear why he was written-off by the vets and/or other "good judges" at sale time. Would be even better to hear them justify that assessment now to a vendor who must have lost at least $200k by giving him away like that!
jimdog View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jimdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 7:49am
He was passed in at MM sales fora round 800k then arrow fields vet said he wouldn't pass a vet so he was auctioned a t scone sales.
cheers
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 9:20pm
Gutsy run by Coram yesterday although still in the foetal position on how the Aquanita filly got back up to beat us. Time was slow so a lot of merit in horses from off the pace running the leaders down. Under no illusion the Rosebud was a far better race but I think the 1st, 2nd and 4th horses are on an upwards curve
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 3:40am
Sh'Bourne Bel races tomorrow at Devonport . misses the kick badly and needs to improve from the barrier. out over 1350m this time so she improve on her last start 7th.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by slowdown slowdown wrote:

Sh'Bourne Bel races tomorrow at Devonport . misses the kick badly and needs to improve from the barrier. out over 1350m this time so she improve on her last start 7th.

Best of luck today mate - hopefully she'll jump a bit more cleanly & will put herself right in the finish!

Could be a Big Day if she + the other 2 do the job!!!! Wink
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:30am
cheers Mate, lets hope so !
Poison Ivy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poison Ivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:35am
I have FAST CASH going round in the 6th at the Valley. 1 of 3 horses I'm involved in. Bit of a tough ask but distance and this beautiful Melbourne weather will suite very well. Few crownies down already, looking forward to a great day at the valley.
He's Your Man - our Caulfield Cup hope this year
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:45am
Good luck PI. Great day to head to the Valley.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 12:06pm
all the best Poison, have a great day 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 12:11pm
I hope they all run super for you & that PI is still able to celebrate or drown the sorrows (preferably not) after such an early start. Heaps of members runners' today when combining the various threads Thumbs Up
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 12:37pm
See you in the mounting yard and owners area post race PI. Won't do the pink carnation bit but I'm sure you'll be with Wendy Kelly. Daniel Moor has ridden Coram in track work so he'll know what to expect from ours. Best of luck
ready2run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ready2run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 1:45pm
Good luck to everyone with runners today.

Slowdown hopefully we can make it a running 1350m double at Devonport as I have Country Song running in the 5th!

Will take a big turnaround in form for Country Song to salute but his two trials since his poor return performance have been encouraging in what looks a tough race.
Tell the truth - there is less to remember
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 10:16am

she finally jumped well and after being around 8 lengths in front in the straight got caught on the line . finished 2nd so a great improvement.
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 10:29am
I haven't seen or heard the race slowdown...I'll have a Bo peep
When the replay is available on the tas site.

Congrats on the good run....got the blows in betting with the
Support for the fav....gee I wish she'd hung on, for my wallet...
Good luck ...
Hopefully a few wins in store for her...
ready2run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ready2run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 11:55am

she finally jumped well and after being around 8 lengths in front in the straight got caught on the line . finished 2nd so a great improvement.
she was very brave Slowdown and did everything but win the race. I tipped Host Esprit but was cheering for SB all the way down the straight!   
Tell the truth - there is less to remember
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 12:32pm
recon monday or tuesday Ecair. looking forward to watching the replay myself. she has to learn a few barrier manners or we are going to have problems. she is on her second warning now. was cheering pretty loudly myself R2R. Thanks for your support. she is finally starting to show the ability she shows on the training track. Depending on how she pulls up she will get another chance shortly. was nice to see her pull away  if not a bit early....
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poison Ivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:17am
Our boy was very good on Saturday, came from the tail and hit the line well but gee that winner was super impressive. Best win of the day imo. Ken has a good one on his hands there. Think I heard him say they will go 1600m next?
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poison Ivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 9:14am
Today our girl steps out again at Hawkesbury.

CROWN MOSS

She's $19 with the corps but has been running around in BM65's and now back to a BM60. She's been running on really strongly lately and think she'll get the 1800m now.

Good luck to anyone else with a runner today.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 9:22am
Good luck PI Thumbs Up
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poison Ivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 9:24am
Thanks BD. Any tips today?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 263>