Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm
my wife was retired to the paddock a long time ago
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 12:35pm
Oh dear, tendon was it.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Oh dear, tendon was it.

Something like that
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Oh dear, tendon was it.

Something like that

Maintain the humour Shawy38, ...keeps you young and free of toxins.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:56pm

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Oh dear, tendon was it.

Something like that

Maintain the humour Shawy38, ...keeps you young and free of toxins.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:59pm
Two firsts for me today - first horse to buck jump and throw the rider, and first horse to take on the inside rail and end up running through it. Fortunately Boom Girl seems to have escaped with a few superficial nicks and scratches but it was a very scary few minutes (for both of us I suspect).
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 10:17am
Geez Blackknight.,glad to hear not too much damage. hopefully jock ok too.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
Hi slowdown, Bridget was fine - was up on her feet quickly and walked back into the mounting yard and said she was ok. I expect she will be a bit sore today too!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:49pm
good stuff Blacknight. thanks for letting us know.
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:49am
Royal Jackpot back today at Moruya in the Narooma Cup. Strong field but recovered well from his first run in 58 weeks and looks to be a chance.

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:51am
all the best Fisherman
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

Dio D'oro

Would you like to be added into the spread sheet Nick?
Ok thanks
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 10:08am
Sh'Bourne Dynasty racing tomorrow at Devonport. may need further
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:41pm
My horse Soul Star won today very nicely. Great training performance by Aaron Purcell.

She has always shown ability but a few injuries needed her to recoup for periods.

Lovely price & my first Victorian winner!! 🐎🐎🐎🐎👍

Off to celebrate ..... 👍👍
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
Well done - patience pays!Wink

Just curious, anyone taking a cheque book to the MM's this week?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:58pm
you beauty Mate !!!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Just nod your head, that's what most do now.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:06pm
I knew that name rang a bell but that's all it did LOL  Well done Rosscoe Beer
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:17pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Just nod your head, that's what most do now.

Nice win Rosscoe, hope she keeps going for you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:27pm
After Saturday's adventure with Boom Girl, hoping that I get a more orthodox run with Bella Occhi tomorrow at Doomben. Hoping the bookies are right but not sure they are - not sure Bella will get the sort of lead she has had so far, and comes up against a nice filly in Basara.

Also hoping I can skive off work for a couple of hours and sneak out to watch (might have to stay out of camera shot)!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:19pm
better run yesterday by Dynasty. Siggy confirmed mile and up she should go close.

http://www.tasracing.com.au/replays/10012018-thoroughbreds-devonport/#race-3
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:44pm
Roman Fizz goes around tomorrow over 1200m at Flemington.  Picked up a virus after his first-up run and as a result shouldn't be anyway fit enough to figure in the finish.

But will still take him and Nature Strip as standouts in a $40 quad.  Wacko
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 2:13am
Archery Peak is first up in the first at Flemington tomorrow. Will take a lot of benefit from the run and will be better over further but worth a minor throw at the stumps at $20+
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 5:09pm
Archery Peak's condition gave out but still wasn't quite what we had hoped for.

Have to stay sober enough tonight to be able to drive to Caloundra tomorrow for Explosive One in the first. Stretches out to 2400 for the first time in her career which is an unknown, and finds a race with little speed with the scratching of Expertea which may not suit. That said she is going better than her form reads (has been getting too far out of her ground from bad barriers) and isn't the worst at $31 (especially given that she has a 1-1 record from two career meetings with Outraged who is the $2.25 favourite).

Joan Of Arc runs at Geelong Sunday - getting very close to D-Day so hope she can show a marked improvement on what she has done to date.

I've spied some other TBV horses in the fields for the weekend so good luck to all who have runners going around.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:43pm
Geez, I'm talking to myself in here

Cracking run by Archery Peak today behind Bedford. Not yet at his peak, poked his head through for third and should be ready to go next start. Now to put those numb nuts Hill and Zerafa in their places for calling him a jumper

Bancroft will run (weather permitting) at Ballina Monday, and should run well if he gets through the heavy.

The pin has been pulled on Joan Of Arc's career with her current ownership
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:57am
I hadn't noticed your post but had him Quin'd anyway & yes, it was a super run but 'my' odds are gone now - as usual Wink
Paleface View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paleface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:31am
I think Matt Hill wants to stick to calling as sectionals were goodSmile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:27pm
Had to wait 3 days with the Ballina washout, but all worth it in the end with Bancroft saluting under 61.5 at Grafton. The omens weren't good with the original hoop double booked and electing to ride the other horse, but a great ride from Clayton Gallagher got him home. Bangers consolidates his place as the winningest (?) progeny of Annenkov as well!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:55pm
Fabulous BK, thrilled to bits for you Clap
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:58pm
greatstuff B.K.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 261>