Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:53pm
The winner was a little too good for Silver the other day, we grabbed second. But he was honest as usual and that's all you can ask for!

Supergrass was much improved on his first up effort too flying home late to grab third. Hopefully they'll stretch him out a bit further for his next run because it's just about his time to shine.

And Dash Of Maple was good again today running third herself out at Casterton.

Reigning Meteor is moving to NSW in search of wetter weather.

Dentara has been going along nicely at Griffiths. Had a gallop this morning I believe and there's potential for a jump out in the next week if she's not had enough. Interesting to be having an early runner anyway!

Very nice week for my little stable Smile

Farmermick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 8:53pm
looks like evryone missed my pacer-THREEPENNYOPERA saluting @ 80-1 on friday night-gave him a very good spiel back in march telling the world how good this bloke not just for his price but his lightning speed out of the gate and his mum was one of the best mares! more in store for sure not at 80's but will keep you in front.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 8:59pm
Mate, when you spread your posts all over the place it's no wonder you can't find the congratulatory ones.
I'm going to amalgamate you latest 'black markers' into Black Bookers.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:55pm
Congrats Farmermick, that's a great result!

Interesting few days coming up for my stable...

Archery Peak runs tomorrow at Cranbourne. The wet is a query but his run two starts back wins this.

Have a new one in Bella Occhi having her first run on Friday at Ipswich. Don't want to know djebel's thoughts on running a High Chaparral over 800 metres but we've got the right man on board. Too many first starters to be too confident though.

Will have a look at the noms for the Ramornie with Cruising Speed but most likely she stays home for a class 6 at Doomben on Saturday. Probably be ridden quieter from a decent gate this time, hard to beat (hopefully!)
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:24am
Seen a lovely High Chaparal filly win yesty over1000 , Our Matilda ( beaut name) the going was slow if that's any help lol, yours, barrier trial for money.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:05pm
Archery Peak got the job done yesterday - new role for him in the lead but all worked out well.

Bella Occhi scratched today on account of the currently slow but deteriorating track at Ipswich. Not sure yet where she will head - there is a 1000m race next week at Toowoomba that might work.

Cruising Speed off to Doomben tomorrow. Don't want too much more of this rain for her.
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:20pm
Congrats on Archery Peak BK, and BOL with your others!

Silver Stratum still looking for that win on Sunday on Warrnambool. Surely his day?!
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:03pm
He's Due 👍
McLarenFactor View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McLarenFactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:34pm
Hi All,
Haven't posted for awhile. I have Three Hats coming back in a few weeks & also my 2yo that I bred Crackneck. He has gone to be retrained as he has cost himself both races. Has shown a bit of ability in both starts.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:35pm
Just watched the replay and Cruising Speed was very stiff BK. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Roidz Roidz wrote:

Congrats on Archery Peak BK, and BOL with your others!

Silver Stratum still looking for that win on Sunday on Warrnambool. Surely his day?!

A for Effort. Just keeps finding one better, all the best
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:59pm
Thanks MK. Talking through my pocket (got him at $9.50), unbelievable!! But you do have to love little Silver, honest as they come.
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:18pm
I have two running today, Paco Express in the last at Geelong is a definite winning chance and Pure Poison at Gosford in the maiden has trialled well leading in but can't tip her with confidence. Having said that I'd be disappointed if she doesn't at least place.

Cheers and good luck if your punting.
Life's a Sham
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:53pm
Sir Van Dyke is running at Sandown tomorrow. Not a lot of luck last time and should run well. Might be running for second if Yogi comes to play again though.

Diamond Geyser is also in at Sandown but it'd frankly be a shock to see him in the finish.

Explosive One returns from a spell in the Mother's Gift at Grafton Thursday. 1400 is way too short but it is not a great field (particularly if the favourite runs in the Guineas tomorrow instead). Hoping she can finish off well.
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm
Speed Hero running today at Canterbury. Would have thought he'd be back in the paddock at this stage but apparently working well... seems to have his supporters in the market today so will see how he does..
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by StormSiren StormSiren wrote:

Speed Hero running today at Canterbury. Would have thought he'd be back in the paddock at this stage but apparently working well... seems to have his supporters in the market today so will see how he does..

He's got some of my money but promise I wasn't enough to change the price. Good Luck

Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 7:11pm
Dash Of Maple in tomorrow at Ballarat. Hoping she'll run up to her best in a significantly tougher ask than her last assignment.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:48pm
All the best Roidz, looks to have come back super this prep. No reason she can't step up and make the gradeThumbs Up
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Roidz Roidz wrote:

Dash Of Maple in tomorrow at Ballarat. Hoping she'll run up to her best in a significantly tougher ask than her last assignment.

Have to be happy with that
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:44pm
More than!! She's been a real surprise package that mare
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:54pm
Congrats, your little team is going well lately
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:56pm
Bancroft in today at Darwin. If he handles the track he should run well. I don't back mine as a rule but the $18 one agency put up yesterday was too good to refuse.

Bella Occhi now down to debut tomorrow at Toowoomba - hope she can run a race.

Sir Van Dyke is off to the paddock after his disappointing run on Wednesday. Explosive One ran well first up and will only get better when she steps out in trip.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:04am
We had a great day yesterday on the last day of the Grafton Carnival. We raced our mare I'll Miss You in the distance race, the first time they have held it over 3120m.

She came home in great style pretty much having it won at the 600, taking off from fence behind the front runners, going round them and kicking in the straight, won by almost 3L then 7L to third and the rest of the field spreading out over 25L, it was quite a special time for not knowing if she could run out the distance needless to say there were much celebration last night and she pulled up well and has a licked bowl this morning 😄😄
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:17am
How fabulous for you GAJ, great training effort & most important, what a tough mare Clap Clap Clap
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Bancroft in today at Darwin. If he handles the track he should run well. I don't back mine as a rule but the $18 one agency put up yesterday was too good to refuse.

Bella Occhi now down to debut tomorrow at Toowoomba - hope she can run a race.

Sir Van Dyke is off to the paddock after his disappointing run on Wednesday. Explosive One ran well first up and will only get better when she steps out in trip.

Congrats BlackKnight. Clap
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:54pm
Congrats GAJ

And it looks like she can keep this up (all day is my  guess!!).
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:54pm
Thanks Dizzy - I've never been to Clifford Park before so it was a pretty good first outing at the track for me too!
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:37pm
Got the bikkies with Another Bullseye today, not in the same league as her 3/4 brother Buffering but talented enough to have a lot of fun. So pleasing to see one you bred and own fight like that 2nd up. Hopefully better things in store for her. Happy days
Life's a Sham
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 9:56am
Congrats Uluru. Clap
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm
Ca Plane goes back to the races for the first time this prep tomorrow.
Has been gelded after his disappointing debut at Terang in February. Will be ready to show something in 3 or 4 runs, just needs to learn about racing.
Race 3 at Wodonga with Jack Hill riding.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 261>