Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:08pm
That should read, if he's your good mate and Your genuine, trust what he tells you or go through the manager of your partnership.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:34pm
No, if I am paying the bills I expect to be kept in the loop  ?  I bet if you stopped paying , they would contact you quick smart.
Do like a lot of trainers do now and send out regular updates via email.  How hard is that !!!
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 6:12pm
Most ownships have a spokesperson e.g. first name on the papers or in the book, it's not hard for all correspondence to go through him from the trainer and passed on to the others, not that hard I would think, maybe the horse is spelling , not much to add there , but I can understand any angst, hendo rectify it and all will be ok.
hendo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Most ownships have a spokesperson e.g. first name on the papers or in the book, it's not hard for all correspondence to go through him from the trainer and passed on to the others, not that hard I would think, maybe the horse is spelling , not much to add there , but I can understand any angst, hendo rectify it and all will be ok.

Should clarify, there's no designated spokesperson. Mate only receives income when he asks, if he hadn't had ever asked we wouldn't even know if its alive or not (other than receiving an invoice each month)
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 6:29pm
I would expect an update or two, even if not much happening.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 6:47pm
Robbie Griffiths sends regular updates on each and every horse to each and every part-owner irrespective of the size of their share.  Providing that is he has their electronic contact details

There are some syndicates such as those with Shelly Hancoxwhich have literally hundreds of owners, in which case I presume different arrangements apply.  I'm sure there are members on here who are with her or similar sized ownership groups elsewhere who could explain their situation regarding updates. 

If what Hendo says is correct then he's entitled to be disgusted with the lack of information imo.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 6:48pm
That doesn’t sound right.
Every horse I’ve ever owned, all owners received the correspondence.
Not just some parties.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 7:13pm
Many with large ownership groups do regular updates via Mistable & similar platforms.
Half the fun of the involvement is knowing how your horse is going, with the bottom line being you're paying good money for the service.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 7:17pm
Maybe it's time for hendo to have a sit down with his trainer and let him know that they feel left out, nothing like a one on one to clear the air , just as easy to pick up phone.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 7:23pm
Hendo, if I was you, I’d be ringing the trainer and asking why you’re not receiving anything.
It’s not good enough.
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 1:00am
Supergrass finally broke through this afternoon at Bairnsdale. Did it with his ears pricked! Hopefully the first of many
hendo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:25pm
To provide closure. Seems the stable has a new communications manager. Everything should be as expected going forward.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback, was good hearing what others experienced from their trainers before I asked the question. As this is my first foray into ownership I didn't quite know what to expect.

Cheers
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:53pm
Got myself a slice of two tried horses.
Oberland who goes around at Moonee Valley today.
The other is Andrea Mantegna who has been gelded and back in Work. Aiming towards Bendigo/Ballarat Cup

Both staying with the previous trainer (D Weir) just had a change of ownership.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 5:38pm
Another great run from my tough little mare Astrological.
Broke through for a deserved maiden at Mildura two weeks ago and was able to go back to back by winning a 58 at Warracknabeal a few minutes ago.

She’s so honest, for a mare we got into at a very low cost, I am so proud of how hard she tries. She’s been up for yonks, but is a real favourite around the stable so she’ll stay in work as long as she’s happy and still running like she has been all prep
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 7:19pm
Nice win Xav.  Thumbs Up
hendo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:28pm
We finally have a name for our one - Crystal Olay. Not a fan of the name but all will be forgiven if we have some fun with it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:46pm
BOL Hendo.  Who's training the colt?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 9:33pm
As I always say, it doesn’t matter what you call them, as long as they’re winning!
hendo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

BOL Hendo.  Who's training the colt?

Kelly schweida. Met him for the first time today, bloody legend. Took the time to show us around the stables, answered all our questions and couldn't apologise enough about the communication stuff up with his ex-staff member. Champion bloke
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 1:05am
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

As I always say, it doesn’t matter what you call them, as long as they’re winning!

LOL.   Mate of mine called theirs Muncher.    Siblings had won here and there.   Muncher couldnt run out of sight on a dark night.   I do wonder about names.  LOL
animals before people.
2Square View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Square Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 12:22pm
I’ve got a small share in Write Enuff which is running today hopefully can be right in the finish, and show we can have a bit of fun over the spring
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:20pm
Oberland runs in Race 3 today.
Will need this, we are planning on getting him up to the Magic Millions in Jan.

My other horse Andrea Mantegna is due to jump out this week sometime.
Weir thinks he has improved tenfold since being gelded.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:29pm
The word I got was that he'd actually improved twofold.Tongue
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:29pm
Danon Liberty has his first run in Australia today.
Looking forward to it.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 3:54pm
Astrological making the step up to F&M BM64 at Cranbourne today. Goes around in Race 10.

Coming off wins at Mildura and Warracknabeal, she needs to step up to Plate today.

Will be happy to see her finish in the Top 5.

If she doesn’t measure up to the stronger opposition, she is entered for the next Inglis Sale.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:09pm
Very good win by your mare Xavier, well done
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:58pm
Mention of selling, gelding or the breeding barn usually does the trick Clap
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 11:37pm
Hi all
Just a quick update on one of mine.

Artesano - after a disappointing campaign he had his last run for us today. He will go to Inglis on Friday.

Tiberian is also unlikely to come back to Aus this year. Possibly going to head to Canada instead. Stay tuned

Cheers
Tilly
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm
We’ve raised the bar with Astrological to a BM 70 F&M at Ballarat today.
AIming for 4 in a row, we know she’ll run an honest race.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:27am
Astrological will go around at Morphettville today.
My first city runner, looking forward to it.
If she runs like she has at her past couple she should go close.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 261>