Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
McLarenFactor View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLarenFactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:29pm
I feel more at ease now with the win under my belt. It's a great feeling cheering your horse home.
Another tick off the bucket list.
And no I wouldn't have been able to fit 1 in after proceedings.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 1:43pm
Mistic Man was 4th emergency at Mildura today and managed to gain a run.
First up run off an injury enforced spell that nearly claimed him.
Excellent job by all to keep him alive and get him back to the races.
Will benefit from the experience of the road trip to Mildura with his mates.
Not expecting anything from him today, just thankful to have him back.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:18pm
Supergrass in the next at Bendigo. Fingers crossed!
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:38am
Just a quick little update on a couple of mine,
Misty Sea received a gun ride yesterday and was able to win at Bendigo.

Penthouse Playboy was super first up at Mildura, heads off to Echuca today for an 11am race. Michael Poy has ridden a couple of winners this week, hopefully he can boot Home one for me.

Silver Stratum is hopefully off to Sandown Wed, hope this rain sticks around.
He’s in super form having won three in a row now. Such an honest horse.

Tennessee Gold has been retired, off for a date with Dissident
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:39am
Pressed post too soon
Mr Money Bags and Whitemore both racing today as well

ETA Auto correct I suspect & BOL with them all Thumbs Up (rubbing)

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Jul 2018 at 11:46am
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 2:36pm
Big thanks to my mate Craig for a ripper of a ride on Sixties Groove to get the cash at Flemington.

I've also got Nacar in at Gawler.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:22am
Well done with Mr Moneybags. Lovely price
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:30pm
Brilliant ride by Kathy O'Hara to bring our boy Speed Hero home at Warwick Farm.. stoked Big smile
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by StormSiren StormSiren wrote:

Brilliant ride by Kathy O'Hara to bring our boy Speed Hero home at Warwick Farm.. stoked Big smile

Well done StormSiren,watched it, nice odds too.
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:17pm
Silver Stratum not disgraced today at Sandown. Huge step up in grade and distance and the track much firmer than we'd have liked. He just doesn't have that same turn of foot to him on top of the ground. But unexpectedly (lets be honest lol) winning that third in a row brought his rating up a bit higher than anticipated so a bit difficult to place him presently. He was okay though, hit the line and ran out the trip which is what you want going forward. Good boy Silver!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:29pm
So proud of my filly Astrological, tries her heart out every time she goes to the races. Another 2nd placing at Wodonga today after resenting Pakenham Synthetic last start. Really hope she can win one soon....
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:36pm
Let's hope so Xav.  The answer's in the stars.
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McLarenFactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:45pm
Crackneck scored his 2nd win through the week at Newcastle. 900m too short for him. Just starting to warm up on the line.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:48pm
You've got a very handy horse there McLF.  Thumbs Up
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:26pm
We had another great day yesterday in the last race over 3120m -Our mare I'll Miss You, won the event for the second year in a row, With the track rated a good 4 she knocked 4 seconds off her last years run which was run on a soft 6, she Carried 59 Kg and made her run 600 out with Raymond Spokes riding her hands and heels.. thrilled to bits..
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:36pm
Congratulations Gaj. Wrapped for you
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by McLarenFactor McLarenFactor wrote:

Crackneck scored his 2nd win through the week at Newcastle. 900m too short for him. Just starting to warm up on the line.
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bump. 

And now your fellow has his own thread!  Star
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLarenFactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by McLarenFactor McLarenFactor wrote:

Bump. 

And now your fellow has his own thread!  Star

Exciting times!!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 5:23pm
My horses career now reads 12 starts: 1 win, 2 thirds and 4 fourths (all beaten a head or less). The joys of ownership!! LOL
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 5:24pm
Have Speed Hero running the last at Randwick - will need tempo and luck but is a lightweight chance. Fingers crossed the trip up from Canberra is worth it!
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm
Good luck to all the forum runners this weekend
Nice to see we have a few city performers in our ranks.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:36pm
Astrological goes around in the first at Mildura
Weiry’s audio message yesterday was “I’d be disappointed if she doesn’t win”
She is a very short price so hasn’t been missed by the punters, here’s hoping we can get a win.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 2:54pm
Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
hendo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:12pm
A question for owners here. How often does your trainer send correspondence?

I understand that it would vary depending on whether the horse is spelling/training/set for a race etc.

I'm into my first ownership, if it wasn't for one of the other owners (good mate of mine) knowing the trainer and emailing questions I genuinely wouldn't know where the horse was or what it was doing (other than an invoice every month).

The horse was bought at the March MM sales, yet to have any correspondence in regard to breaking in, training, or even location.

Is this systematic in the industry? 

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:55pm
I had a horse with Weiry two years ago, had an email at least once a week.
Then on top of that would get audio update the day of the race , and post race details sent through. Horse would spell elsewhere (another owners property) so corresponding wasn’t required from the trainer.

Then when we retired her, a lady from the stable organised everything to rehome her.
Wasn’t suitable for breeding (unfashionably bred maiden winner)
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by hendo hendo wrote:

I understand that it would vary depending on whether the horse is spelling/training/set for a race etc.

I'm into my first ownership, if it wasn't for one of the other owners (good mate of mine) knowing the trainer and emailing questions I genuinely wouldn't know where the horse was or what it was doing (other than an invoice every month).

The horse was bought at the March MM sales, yet to have any correspondence in regard to breaking in, training, or even location.

What's wrong with your mate telling you what's going on ? do you want to be hand fed too?
hendo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

What's wrong with your mate telling you what's going on ? do you want to be hand fed too?

Have another read mate. If it wasn’t for the mate emailing the trainer and asking what’s going I wouldn’t have heard a thing in 4 months of ownership.

You saying this is acceptable?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Have another read mate. If it wasn’t for the mate emailing the trainer and asking what’s going I wouldn’t have heard a thing in 4 months of ownership.

You saying this is acceptable?

Like I said , if he's your good mate and your genuine trust what he tells you or go through the manager of the ownership, if it's in the paddock spelling...ask, if not ...ask again, if there's one thing you need in partnerships owning a horse is trust, if it's not there ..go it alone, may seem harsh to you but I'm talking from past experience, anyhow GL.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 4:34pm
Does the trainer have the correct contact details for you?
Does he have your email?
hendo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Does the trainer have the correct contact details for you?
Does he have your email?

Yep, invoices sent that way

This is my first horse, maybe I’m expecting too much as it’s not actually ready to race/trial yet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 261>