Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 1:45pm
Big couple of days for our ever growing stable.

Crack The Code won on debut at Flemington, what a thrill that was.
Whitemore makes his debut today at Pakenham, should run well.
Tiberian kicks off tonight. Looking forward to it.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:25pm
Sh'bourne star in race four today at Launceston. Trying for three in a row
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:47pm
Bugga.  Didnt see the race but see she ran second.
animals before people.
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:12pm
Very excited to see Silver Stratum back in the winners stall today!
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:18pm
Congrats Roidz
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:30pm
Good stuff Roidz. Any reason why his form seemed not to match his ability last time in? Growing pains? Feeling something? Hope he has the taste for it now.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:31pm
Great stuff Roidz Star

Close but no cigar Slowdown  Cry
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:50pm
cheers Guys and Congrats Roidz . top stuff
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Good stuff Roidz. Any reason why his form seemed not to match his ability last time in? Growing pains? Feeling something? Hope he has the taste for it now.

Contrary to his form, the horse probably doesn't ~love~ a heavy track. He definitely wants it wet, but he'd still prefer to be able to get a footing. And on a number of occasions he just met one or two with a better turn of foot than him - which is something he's lost as he's aged and as we've prepared him to get over a bit more ground. I thought he was pretty consistent for the most part last prep, unfortunately with a few less wins than we hoped. It's not very often this horse disappoints us, and he's certainly returned in what I believe is the best order of his career. 

I mean he showed his toughness and tenacity today pushing through with the big weight, he felt it at the end I'm sure. I wish all my horses were Silver's LOL
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:59pm
Congrats on the win with Silver Stratum, so great to have our boy back in the winners circle again. Such a reliable horse!

I’ve had most of stable running this week, hard to keep track
Silver Stratum won at Hamilton on Monday.

Whitemore ran a good 3rd at Sale on Tuesday.

Think Babe ran terribly below par at Sandown on a Wednesday.

Mr Money Bags ran a super race for 3rd behind a potential group 1 horse on the same day.

Tennessee Gold ran at Kilmore on Thursday 6th not beaten far, but she will likely be retired to the breeding barn.

Safety Dance ran third at Pakenham on Thursday. Not sure about the synthetic..wants further.

Crack the Code finished 7th in Adelaide today, didn’t have much luck with that..
Carraig Aonair was a disappointing Last at Flemington. Will wait and see what David says in his post race.

Tomorrow we have Ca Plane on the float to Casterton. Failed at Donald last week, needs to show something.

Misty Sea is going to Mildura on Monday, he has won there before. We thought he was city class, but he has been mostly disappointing. If he doesn’t win on Monday, that might be it for him.

So after not having many runners for a little while, nearly my whole team (of which I own a tail hair in each) all ran in the same week. The only ones missing were Lady Makfi and Tiberian who ran last week.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:25am
Googd grief tillyras, that is busy.  LOL  Good luck today.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:10am
A shame that Markus Jooste fiddled the books in South Africa...

has led to a More Than Fabulous day at Gawler today, with a few massive headaches assured for the new ownership group in the morning. Darwin Cup dreams are alive and kicking...
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:24pm
When we took small (and I mean small) shares in our hordes, we were hoping to have a few runners every now and then. Turns out most of our horses are running in the next week again.... most of them looking for wet tracks so we didn’t really have much choice but to throw them all in.

Tonight we have Tennessee Gold going to Kilmore. Was set to be retired last start, but trainer thinks she can win a race before going to stud. Way up in grade tonight, but the trainer thinks the 2000m will be right up her alley.

Tomorrow Mr Money Bags will be going back to Sandown. Takes on Fifty Stars again. We would be happy to in Top 3 in a rich race.

Sunday we have Whitemore at Geelong. Would be disappointed if he missed a place, stable are confident.

Monday we have three off to Hamilton

Ca Plane in a 2200m highweight, would prefer 2400m but stable have said he just needs racing to keep himself ticking over. Big strong NZ bred horse.

Artesano kicks of his winter campaign. Wet tracks and 2400m are his go. This is a nice start off, look for him to be running well at the end.

Silver Stratum goes back to the scene of the crime, up to 64 grade but he should be going close. He has a lot of potential, just niggling issues that have held him back in the past. Weiry seems to have sorted him out now though.

Way too many to keep track of, but we basically have the equivalent of one horse spread out into tiny shares of several horses. Less risk that way.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 6:34pm
Hey tilly, your three ran super today.
Ca Plane and Silver Stratum both winning and Artesano ran a bottler.

Congrats to Roidz for Silver Stratum too
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 6:38pm
What Xavier said.
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 8:46pm
Thanks guys, obviously thrilling to win two on the trot. He went into it in great order and really let rip again today. Hopefully a lot more of the same over winter! He’s a good little horse, heart bigger than himself.

Supergrass had a jump out this morning as well after some minor surgery. Went nicely. Will jump out again in a fortnight and then back to the races and if I’m lucky we’ll see some of the zip he shows at home.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 5:59pm
having another crack on Sunday with Star. trial form says she doesnt like the Tapeta but she has improved a lot from those days. into the unknown.....

Race 7 - 3:15PM Great Northern Benchmark 64 Hcp (1350 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $17,000.1st $10,625, 2nd $3,400, 3rd $1,700, 4th $850, 5th $425
BenchMark 64, Handicap, Minimum Weight 54kg, Apprentices can claim.

Track Name: Main Track Type: Synthetic 

Field Limit: 10 + 5 EM    NOMINATIONS EXTENDED TO: 29/05/2018 10:00:00 AM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
12314621355FLYING GEEPEEAlana FultonTroy Baker759kg64
21x8969x106WINDRIDERGraeme MccullochAnthony Darmanin1159kg64
31243133x74KHATUNAdam TrinderChris Graham (a1.5)1058.5kg67
46x88002513TAMBRO’S GAMESteven DavisMs Teagan Voorham (a2)157.5kg65
563630x3112SH’BOURNE STARBill RyanBrendon McCoull957kg64
62221426x87GREENMOUNT LASSKaye MilneCraig Newitt656kg62
70x38753130PATERANGIRhonda ManganMiss Alex Patis (a4)555kg56
830x4735002BEDROCK DREAMSRowan HamerBulent Muhcu454kg57
994216447x0MISS BLUEGRASSJohn BlackerMs Hayley McCarthy854kg57
10351x0780x0WOOHOOMichael DohertyShuji Amano354kg53
11e5906744884LIFE’S QUESTMarion Dalco254kg52
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 11:47pm
I have Sixties Groove making his long awaited Aus debut tomorrow at Moonee Valley.
Came out here as a travel buddy for Red Cardinal in the spring but unfortunately had a foot abscess in quarantine so we opted to put him in the paddock.
He will appreciate getting his toe into the track, really looking forward to see what he can show us.

I am also hoping that my other import Danon Liberty gets a run in the Stradbroke next weekend. He trialled at Werribee the other day, and the stable have been extremely happy with him in The days since.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 6:10pm
Astrological ran another honest race today with a 4th at Bendigo.
She just keeps trying her little heart out.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Imetrud View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imetrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:09am
I have my beautiful Beverly :)
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:44pm
On my way back down to Melbourne tonight after watching Nacar pick up a 3rd placing at $26 in the last at Swan Hill.

Flights and accom organised for Brisbane so will be flying up early morning to watch the races even if Danon Liberty doesn’t start in the Stradbroke.

Horse has had a good couple of days since arriving on Wed night.

Even if he doesn’t make the field tomorrow, he will enjoy a nice break in the sun before coming home and being set for Group racing in the Spring in either Sydney or Melbourne ( no plans made yet).

Have a good weekend guys and don’t be too upset if we don’t make the field Rusty
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 4:30pm
Omg best feeling ever!!!!
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:10pm
I have Speed Hero racing at Warwick Farm today - will appreciate the track conditions but probably needs a little further to be winning.

In Storm's family news, Hot King Prawn races Happy Valley tonight to hopefully take his record to 7:6,1,0, while her sis Siren's Fury picked up the G3 Dark Jewel a month ago, flew home for fourth in the G2 Dane Ripper last weekend and hopefully will put in a sight in the Tatts Tiara in two weeks... family has hit a purple patch Smile
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:56pm
Campaspe Caves Retired 67-4-9-12 $93,509.00
Quaille
17-0-3-0 $6,314.00
Romanze Ivan Nolte (Casterton) 30-2-2-2 $44,393.00
Royal Lady
33-2-1-4 $24,733.00
Stryking Love Retired 13-0-1-1 $14,915.00
Palace Of Mirrors Anne Maree Curran (Bendigo) 18-3-0-3 $42,700.00

All of the horses previously on my list have been either retired or sold.  I have been horseless for a few months, but bought one today - a Sebring filly called It Will Happen.  She's going to have a good spell, some country training and see if we can have some fun up the bush.

Also well done to the connections of Silver Stratum, third win in a row today.  I follow him with interest as my Dad bought his half-brother at the yearling sales this year.  Hope he's as tough as his big brother!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 8:06pm
all the best Campaspe. I hope she is one of the good Sebrings!!
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 12:58am
Thanks Campaspe!

Silver Stratum put up a little picket fence this arvo winning again! Definitely his toughest test to date and he rose to the occasion superbly. First time I've been on course to see him win and it certainly made it a lot easier to put my non-winners to bed at 9.30pm LOL congrats as well Tillyras
McLarenFactor View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McLarenFactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:28pm
Hi All. Haven't been on here for a bit. I have finally witnessed live my first winner. Crackneck winning at Newcastle yesterday. I have been told by a few other owners not to turn up after 5 years of being the Jonah. The monkey is off my back. Another plus is my brother & I bred him. Also waited a year to see him make the track after injury. Crackneck did a lot wrong but he got the job done.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:49pm
Congrats to both Roidz and McLarenFactor!  Star

And as for Crackneck - hope you cracked a long neck McLF.  Beer
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:24pm
Well done all winners.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by McLarenFactor McLarenFactor wrote:

Hi All. Haven't been on here for a bit. I have finally witnessed live my first winner. Crackneck winning at Newcastle yesterday. I have been told by a few other owners not to turn up after 5 years of being the Jonah. The monkey is off my back. Another plus is my brother & I bred him. Also waited a year to see him make the track after injury. Crackneck did a lot wrong but he got the job done.

Congrats on the win, and the primate weight reduction MF. Saw his win and suggested he was one to follow on the Sat racing thread. Big lump iirc and doing it all on natural running ability, hasn't got a clue about racing. Exciting times ahead for you we hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 261>