Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:48pm
Brilliant Roidz Clap I had an exacta, yours & 3rd Cry & BOL tomorrow, he meets another TBV combatant in Mossbelle - may they run the quinella Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:46am
Thanks for the advice Gay.
She was based in Ballarat with Weir to start off and I was impressed with the facilities Balllarat had on offer.
I've been speaking to an ex-trainer who suggested a couple of people down Cranbourne/Pakenham way who have a reputation of getting problem horses sorted out, so I will be making some phone calls in the next few days to find out more.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:46pm
Sir Van Dyke is in the 8th at Mornington today. Stable not confident he will handle the wet track but figured that we may as well find out one way or the other.
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 10:26am
Speed Hero running over 1800m at Rosehill this Saturday.

Jason felt he was ridden to close to the pace last start, plus three wide so the run may be a forgive.

Second time at the trip, came second the first time after interference in the straight by the winning jockey when he dropped his whip in our jockeys lap and decided he would try and retrieve it.. Wacko His mother ran her best trips over the distance so will wait and see... 8th run in so will see how he goes
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 12:01pm
Pack Express runs today at Sale in Race 5. I'll be having a small wager as owner, but honestly don't give him much of a chance. His last run was deplorable. I'd be very delighted if he runs top 6.

Later in the week I have alive hope running in Red Liberty, either Bendigo or Geelong, expect him to fight out the finish.

Best of luck punters!
Life's a Sham
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 12:56pm
Another nice run by Speed hero...I'll take $4 the place any day.

tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:53pm
Silver Stratum was a little unlucky not to finish closer last week at Ballarat, Brad was dirty at himself for half stuffing the ride up, but anyway, that's racing.

Carraig Aonair went to Geelong on Friday, we tried some different tactics on him with trying to settle further back and come with a late run. Disappointing horse and his days at Lindsay Park are probably coming to an end sometime in the near future.

Sirius Witness is entered for Bendigo on Wednesday and should appreciate being back on the turf and the big spacious track. Hope she can deliver a well-earned wedding present for her trainer Archie who got married last week in the U.K

The yearlings/new season 2.yo's are coming along nicely, we have three that will hopefully be up in time for the spring - spread across Mick Price and Robbie Griffiths.

Tiberian is 2 from 2 for us and now heads to a testing Group 1 grade race in France in early July (I think it's the 1st but to be confirmed). This will tell us how he fits in, with plans of coming to Melbourne for the Spring to be decided after this race.

I've also got a homebred pacer about to head into work, so plenty of things happening out here at Learmonth but wouldn't have it any other way.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:10pm
Quickly forgot to mention a couple more things,

Safety Dance, our 2yo Helmet colt had a jump out at Flemington on Friday - looks to have potential

Will also be having a few trial at Ballarat/Burrumbeet on Thursday , will update how they go next time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:52am
Cruising Speed scratched from the Rocky Newmarket on account of the gate. Hasn't drawn particularly well at Doomben Saturday, will be a chance. Possibly a 1-3 with Lordy's Privlaka (whichever way) because you just know Wild n Famous will run second.

Sir Van Dyke off to Flemington - big step up but confident he can run well.

Bancroft - sick of being washed out on the northern rivers, off for a working holiday in the NT - hope he isn't wedded to grass.

Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:18am
I have two runners at Geelong tomorrow, both with excellent prospects, Red Liberty in race 2 & Another Bullseye in Race 9. I also have Sacred Sham running in Race 2 at Flemington on Saturday, I also think he will be there when the whips are cracking.
Life's a Sham
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:57am
Good Luck Uluru...not sure if Flamethrower is joking but both look well in those races.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Flamethrower Flamethrower wrote:

Censored

Troll

Edited by Gay3 - 24 Jun 2017 at 12:18pm
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:19pm
This is for owners to post updates of there horses, they don't need to mocked/laughed at and told horses won't win, I thought your post was very rude.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:30pm
Safety Dance won his jumpout at Flemington this morning, have a look at the vision below with a bit of commentary from D.Hayes (courtesy Lindsay Park youtube channel)  Pulled up shin sore so will be off for a break and will be back as a 3yo

tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:31pm
Okay, not sure why that didn't work
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 1:44am
Owners are probably the most harsh critics of our own horses so we appreciate an honest owner that will just tell it like it is..sometimes they out perform and sometime under perform but it's nice to know others apreciate your input. 

According to your logic Flamethrower no horse in double figure should even be mentioned.
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:08pm
Disappointing day at Geelong yesterday, hoping for a better showing at Flemington today. Thought the run of Another Bullseye was chocolate full of merit and if she had been in the right part of the track she would have figured in the finish.

Red Liberty has showed much in his trials than he did yesterday. I was particularly disappointed with the run. Missing the start (not ideal the delay prior to race start for a first starter) and then going back to the inside which was clearly off didn't help but figure he now owes us one!

If Sacred Sham wins today - I'll live with the result.
Life's a Sham
Farmermick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:00am
REAL HYPE R3 @ Coffs Harbour today, this is the washed out meet she handles the heavy well, will get home well, my only query just wondering if the 1400 is better suited? as she really wont hit straps till a mile.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 2:26pm
Good win for BK by Cruising Speed. Had family business so missed backing up on her. Solid field so more wins to come you'd think.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 4:40pm
Thanks 3BM - heart in mouth stuff in the last 50 but fortunately the post arrived in time. Not quite sure where she heads next at this stage.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 6:19pm
Archery Peak comes to town for the first time in a BM78 over 2400 at Hillside tomorrow. No exposure to wet tracks but if he handles it he'll run well.

Diamond Geyser may return at Ballarat in a BM64 on Thursday. Now two stone lighter but still has a bit of a mind of his own - Morrish has been trying a few things to turn him around and might very well run to see if any of that has been working, despite the big weight and the outside barrier. Hopefully he'll show some interest in the racing caper - I don't think he's the best TBV chance in the race though.
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 12:26am
Reigning Meteor disappointing at Murtoa yesterday - but we banked on rain that simply didn't fall. 

Both Silver Stratum and Supergrass are going around at Ballarat tomorrow. Naturally I will be hard at work and will likely forget to watch both races... haha.

Silver is going well enough and with enough luck might finally break through. And Supergrass should improve plenty on his first up effort.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 12:27am
Good luck Roidz.
Desperate for rain out in the Wimmera ☔️
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 12:40am
Good luck Roidz. Think tomorrow looks your race with Silver
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:49pm
Miserable day weatherwise in Ballarat, hope it absolutely buckets down as the wetter the better for Silver Stratum
Farmermick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:22pm
After hanging badly with 4 kg claimer not knowing how to handle her REAL HYPE went to Ballina trials wednesday 3 days later with blinkers on and won the trial on heavy 9 by 5 lengths. going to grafton on 9th should acquit herself much better than her last start 4th.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 1:31pm
Ankle Tap is running at Newcastle tomorrow. Form from his first two starts reads horribly but he never ever got a crack at them last time. The Waller pair look to have a mortgage on the race but I think he can put in a much improved run.
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 10:43am
Speed Hero running in the last at Rosehill today... ninth start this prep, and doesn't appear to be as much tempo in this one so hopeful more than anything however Rachel has been in unbelievable form and Hero always tries his hardest. I'm sick as a dog at home so will be watching from the couch. Fingers crossed Smile
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:37am
You too StormSiren? - must be this stupidly cold weather...  good luck with Speed Hero and getting better! Thumbs Up
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:13pm
Good luck...I'll be reinvesting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 261>