Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

photo assessments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: photo assessments
    Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 10:08pm
Do you punt mc?
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:58pm
Will be over priced,that we can say
Would Anybody buy the filly for racing ? 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Breeder Breeder wrote:

For the sake of discussion, what does everyone think of the Winx filly coming up for sale at the Inglis Easter Sale ?

Typical promo puff piece from Racing.com:

There is strong international interest in the first yearling by champion mare Winx, Inglis’ CEO of Bloodstock Sebastian Hutch has confirmed.  The Pierro filly by the 25-time Group 1 winner will go under the hammer next month, with both vendor Coolmore Stud and the auction house fielding enquiries from abroad, as well as conducting on-farm inspections for prospective local buyers.  The filly is catalogued as Lot 391 in the catalogue for the iconic Easter Yearling Sale, which will be held at Riverside Stables in Sydney on April 7 and 8. 
Hutch said the opportunity to acquire the first live offspring of one of the greatest racehorses to ever grace the turf is an opportunity that breeders all over the world are interested in.  “It’s a very distinct possibility that an international purchaser could buy her to race her overseas,” Hutch said.  “But it will be exciting for the general public if she was acquired by someone that is going to keep her to race in Australia.

“A sport like this is primarily occupied by dreamers so we all dream that it’s going to be a good story so we cross our fingers and hope for the best.”  Hutch said it is easy to make comparisons between the filly and her mother, given they share many similar physical traits.  He said anyone inspecting the filly at Riverside Stables should expect to see a young horse that will continue to improve into her three-year-old season and beyond.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to see her at a number of stages through her life and she’s grown beautifully all the way along,” he said.  “She’s not bred to be precocious, she’s not bred to be a two-year-old – she’s bred to be very much in the mould of her mother as a filly that gets better as she gets older.

“The dream is that she can win a Cox Plate, that’s what she was bred to do.  “It’s very aspirational but it’s hard to imagine that you could start off with two better parents to give yourself the opportunity to go and do that.”

Coolmore Stud’s Tom Magnier said he expects several international figures to attempt to buy the filly, although he believes she will race in Australia regardless.  “I think that she’ll be a massive drawcard to anyone all over the world – they just need to look at the pedigree page and they’ll say, ‘oh my god, I can buy into the Winx family and have a daughter of Winx’, so it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity,” Magnier said.  “It’s something that breeders all over the world dream about.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 12:03pm
Can't help with the image Rhino, however winning a race is a better start than most enjoy.

Nice female family so if she can kick on should have good residual value.
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Rhino Rhino wrote:

My son has just purchased a small share (first time owner) in a Per Incanto x Sharvasti filly Karaka Lot 571. Tried to post a picture with no success. Would love to get some thoughts from the experts, and if someone can get a picture up it would be greatly appreciated. 
An update on this one. Is named Can Do Canto and Trained by B Baker. After plenty of patience had three recent starts on bush tracks for a butcher job first up followed by a third at Nowra and a maiden win at Orange. Then, (as is always the way) picked up a virus and is out for a spell. I guess the good news as first time owners is we can say we had a winner. Stable is confident she will come back better next prep anyway, but I must say trainers are prone to "talking things up". Time will tell.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:55am
Somewhat immature I would've thought Breeder.  Pierro-like behind and pastern wise, shorter length like both parents?  That just from memory.  And will certainly await her parade video before commenting more definitively.

Over to others (including the first-class judge Kimberley Mine who's been off line for a while).
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:43am
I am surprised they are selling her .  Is that brand Woppit BS  ?
animals before people.
Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:33am
For the sake of discussion, what does everyone think of the Winx filly coming up for sale at the Inglis Easter Sale ?

Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 9:35am
Hasn’t been named as yet from what I can see
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 9:17am
SC post as above - Lot 291 MM 2023 Anyone know what became of him? Name, did he race etc. 
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 11:09pm
Here is the file i was trying to upload re the bulge on horses shoulders near the elbow, need to scroll down, this is the best i could do sorry bout dat, but i have seen this on numerous horses and always wondered, now thx to the above i know 

Edited by Take2 - 13 Jan 2024 at 11:25pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 11:03am
An Introduction to Functional Conformation
Judy Wardrope
J.W. Equine
www.jwequine.com
British Columbia Horse Council

Understanding the Parts & How they Work

Variations: Notice the bulging muscle
on this horse. He has developed that
muscle because he is using it as a
brake to stop his stride from going
through the full range in the latter
part of his stance, which would cause
pain when the elbow and ribs made
contact. His elbow is too close to his
ribcage.
Understanding the Parts & How they Work

image.png

change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 3:12pm
Like her SC stacks up very well, Mr Moroney maybe on the money

Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 6:59pm
Looks great
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 6:37pm
Along with her length, I love that generous eye Heart
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

ps her mane's all scrunched up: she's not really that thick through the neck crest.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 4:29pm
Here she is post-race.  Marvelous type of filly.

Burlington Gate after winning the Bonners Transport F&M Maiden Plate                     at Terang Racecourse on December 19, 2023 in Terang, Australia. (Reg Ryan/Racing Photos)

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 6:57pm
Cheers Bill.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 6:13pm
Happy days 🥳
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 4:48pm
Thanks djebel.

Her names is Burlington Gate.  Off to the paddock for a 20 day freshen.  Michael Moroney just said he believes she has the ability to be competitive in black type middle distance races against her own age and sex in the late Autumn, cueing races like the 1800m Auraria Stakes and perhaps even the 2000m Australasian Oaks in South Australia.

We'd happily settle for a city win before getting too far ahead of ourselves.  
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 4:29pm
She has a very smart looking head.

Good luck with her future.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 4:17pm
And she wins over 1600m at her 4th start.  Believe she'll pay her way later on over 2000m.
We bought small shares in four current 3yo's, three have raced so far for two winners and a 2nd place-getter (which I reckon will prove the best of them).  Hope springs...

Guess who's just purchased a small share in this gal?  

Lot 204 Premier.  This is one i really like on type.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 12:59pm
Why would they use a photo like that.  I no conformational expert but he looks uncomfortable and unbalanced.  The photo is possible doing a disservice to the horse.
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 10:06am
He's very immature in that photo/video, and the left hind cannon looks a bit swollen just above the fetlock.  That could be something transient (insect bites or something like that) as I don't see it in his walking video.

Here's his weanling sale page + video -- he looks heaps better in this.   https://catalogue.magicmillions.com.au/lot/22GWW/13

Regarding the sales price, Written Tycoon had 42 to sell at Gold Coast in 2023, with an average selling price of about $375k and median of $320k, with 5 passed in.    11 Written Tycoon yearlings sold for < $250k and 3 more sold for the same price.  He's in the lowest third price bracket of all Written Tycoon yearlings to sell at that sale.  

For reference, here is the lowest-priced Written Tycoon at that sale to sell:  https://catalogue.magicmillions.com.au/lot/23GPR/131 ; He has some very obvious conformation faults.

And this filly sold for the average: https://catalogue.magicmillions.com.au/lot/23GPR/243

His conformation is not knock-your-socks-off wow, but nothing like #131.  His female family is why he sold for $100k less than his sire's average, and yes, it's still overs relative to his dam's and granddam's performance in the shed.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 10:57pm
I am no expert.   But.   Golly those legs look shonky ??  
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 7:50pm
Lot 291 MM 2023.  See this one brought $250k.  Based on his photo (momentarily thought it was a weanling shot) and immediate female family reckon they paid huge overs.  Any contra opinions more than welcome.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 7:56pm
Unless mistaken believe the $1m "Socks" is as yet unraced and currently spelling.
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Nobody Nobody wrote:

Named Tiger's Roar - Has had 4 starts now for 1 win, 2 placings and has already returned in prizemoney the money he cost to buy.

Go back to Page 22 for Kimberley Mine's photo assessment of this guy against a $1M colt.

Good for him!

And this:

Quote Judgment calls:  Sock's back end makes him better suited to shorter sprints.  SJ looks like more of a miler. 

Called it.  :)

Tiger's Roar has two older half-brothers, one by Love Conquers All and one by Canford Cliffs, who are both still running at 6 and 7 years old.  And both of them won recently, in June.  If he's as sound as his brothers with metro class talent, his owners are going to have a really good time with him.
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Nobody Nobody wrote:

Hi Kimberley Mine - Would love an assessment on this one please?

Named Tiger's Roar - Has had 4 starts now for 1 win, 2 placings and has already returned in prizemoney the money he cost to buy.

Go back to Page 22 for Kimberley Mine's photo assessment of this guy against a $1M colt.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 2:22pm
Not sure where to ask this without opening a new thread.

How would these horse lie down and get back up again ?

reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>