Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Snitzel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:47pm
What chance is he of topping $30,000,000 for the season ?

163 (26)

274 (43)

52.8%

$27,748,762
reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:13am
Probably no time but he's definately going over $28,000,000.  This is the last month with any big money to win and most of his good ones are out now.  He could win the Tatt's Tiara and Perast is in the Stradbroke and he seems to have grown a leg.  If he gets those two he'll be over $29,000,000 for the year but $30,000,000 is still a stretch.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 7:12pm
Well he's hit the $29,000,000 but wont make the $30,000,000 mark.  I wonder how long this record will stand with the increase in prizemoney?  But still to be twice the prizemoney of the the rest of the field is impressive.  Both I am Invincible and Fastnet Rock not to mention High Chaparral had stellar years also so quite an achievement.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:00pm
Will stand till next year when he gets 35 odd.

Redzel/Trapeze Artist are the standout quinella for the Everest. Menari has a slot, also a fair chance. Could run the trifecta without completely shocking anyone.

Thats about 10 million from one race.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 6:13pm
Maybe but he's loosing a fair few to stud duties also Speediskey after the ones retired last season also it depletes his older stock.  So he needs his two year old turning three to stand up and be counted and another good crop of two year olds to even get close to this seasons record.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 8:35pm
Remind me who he is losing? All I can think of the good ones is Russian Revolution. His 3 main earners are Redzel/Trapeze Artist/Estijaab. They are all racing on.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 8:39pm
Please show some respect for someone who knows infinitely more than you do about racing and breeding, and in particular retirement and regeneration in terms of continued stallion success.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 8:42pm
I doubt furious will be furious with the line of questioning. ☺

I also find it hard to see him getting close to thia tally even with all the big guns sticking around.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Please show some respect for someone who knows infinitely more than you do about racing and breeding, and in particular retirement and regeneration in terms of continued stallion success.

Christ calm down mate, I'm expressing my opinion and asking questions politely. If furious got upset by what I said then I apologise but I seriously doubt it.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:40am
I'm not upset Speediskey.  I've seen it time and time again through the years.  A champion sire ie his sire Redoute's looses a few sons and the figures go down.   You are right that The Everest has saved Trapeze Artist from retirement but that is probably just a short break before they send him off.  When a stallion gets to dear the studs all want a son as they can't go to the sire with more than one of two mares.  It's alright SC I've got more thick skinned in recent years.  But thank you for worrying about me.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:44am
Actually I though everyone knew I took the name because of the racemare Furious who I thought was great.  She never had any foals though - pity but that happens alot in this game.  I'm a fan of Snitzel Speediskey and I am Invincible and I loved High Chaparral as you could pick them out in a bunch so easily.  Not so good at picking the Snitzel's but even with the greatest of respect I doubt this season will be as great as the last.  He started the season on fire and continued in that vain until the last few months which for him have been incredibly quiet.  All the good ones in the paddock I hope getting read for next season.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:20pm
Well Snitzel just won the premiership again, won 8.2 million in the Everest just then.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:33pm
Looks like it but the was I am Invincible has started I expect it to be a closer thing this season. Actually the whole Redoute's clan is having a day out today with him also being the sire of the dam of Amphitrite.  Land of Plenty being a Stratum.  Not a Single Doubt getting in on the act also.  Lets hope the Autumn Sun handles Caulfield.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:33pm
that should read the way I am Invincible has started!
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:29pm
Still going gang busters and doesn't look to be tapering off just yet and by the looks of his lots at Inglis Easter sale , maybe he could even get better over the next 3 years , IAI his main adversary by the looks.He has a few by top self mares at Easter that's for sure,   and maybe, with the IAI hype there may be some good value buys like MM Jan Sale.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:02pm
The current 2yo season, he had 85 stakes winners, and countless Stakes producers. Arguably his best crop of mares to date. Already the MM to his credit, a lot will be given time so should have a bumper back end to the racing season IMHO. Will be nice to watch him IAI and Pierro go at it during the spring and winter.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:22pm
Crikey! Have we had 85 2YO stakes races already? Confused No wonder it's so hard to produce top performing genuine homebred stayers  Angry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:38pm
Gay what Goldey was suggesting is that Snitzel had 85 stakes winners and countless stakes producers among his matrons in season 2016 and whose progeny are now 2yo's.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:51pm
Another group 1 winning stallion , mind you Shamus Award certainly would be a cheaper option ATM with decent enough stats this far .
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:51pm
Wild Ruler that is . 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 6:15pm

Champion stallion Snitzel is set to stand for $247,500 (including GST) this season, Arrowfield has confirmed.

The breeding operation announced its service fees on Wednesday, with Snitzel's rising from $220,000 last season.

It makes him the third most-expensive stallion in the country, behind I Am Invincible and Extreme Choice.

Dundeel will stand this season for $82,500 (including GST), as will Maurice, while The Autumn Sun will stand for $66,000.

"We have raised the fees of three stallions, with four horses at unchanged figures, after careful consideration of their current performance and commercial appeal, recognising the different stages they are at, and the economic environment," Arrowfield chairman John Messara said.

"I'm happy with where we've landed for all our stallions who offer a range of sire lines, aptitudes and physiques to meet the requirements of Australia's most discerning breeders. And for the first time, all Arrowfield stallions will stand on live foal terms."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 10:57am
There's been a big exposeShocked in the Daily Errorgraph about Flower still making a million a year from Snitzel. I had to laugh when the editorial described the deal as "never-ending". How old is Snitzel? I'd say never-ending won't last much longer.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 3:41pm
I saw that story about Mr Flower.  Its horrible to think a horse like Snitzel is making money for that low life.  I know the dude who bred him, but couldnt afford to keep him at the time.  Shame he has ended up in the ownership of a crim.
I saw that Winx is off to visit him this year.  A few more $$$ for poor Mr F .
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345