Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Anthony Cummings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot2Trot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthony Cummings!
    Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:51am

Is Anthony on fire or what!  I just have the feeling he is a trainer to follow in the big races at the moment.  I wouldn't have said it at any time over the last 10+ years.  He's never been a favourite trainer of mine.  I don't know what he's doing different, but his horses are going better for sure.

Road to Rock?  When trainers start winning big races with unexpected horses I really take notice.  I know RTW didn't fire, but Black Piranha is a very good horse, and Onemorenomore's no slouch either.

Over the years I have found one of the best systems is to follow these 'form' trainers.  Not willing to speculate here why they suddnely improve.  But I say, if you can't beat them, join them.
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 9:37am
yes good effort. turfontein last week. now RtR. Red Lord did well to.

Finally some of Barts skill is getting passed on
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 10:04am
Huey Lewis and the News?

Wow...he has improved most of his horses by four to five lengths.

And all of these horses were being pre-tained while he was having a hip replacement.   

Not sure what to think.....

Daz View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 11:42am
I dont like him, his horses run like crap or champions from one start to the next.
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

I dont like him, his horses run like crap or champions from one start to the next.

Don't be stupid - Anthony deserves all the credit he gets - a top G1 trainer and man in his own right. All those top 3yo Patanicks such as Trusting, Onmorenomore etc he picked for Tinkler with a gentlement's agreement to train them - so you could imagine the current stock he would have had to train. Anthony Cummings is the man who you would first to help you select say a nice yearling or a buffet restaurant.   
Benhro View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 11:14am
His Daddy's horses do that too. Do you hate him aswell? hahaha But i know what your saying you'll back em do your arsethen watch them come out a fortnight later and make the others look second rate! I can't catch them!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 11:34am
That's because they don't like them winning as faves.

I'll give him one thing...he can pick a yearling. Proven time and time again. Picked Might and Power amongst a long list of others.
Sunline...simply supreme
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I'll give him one thing...he can pick a yearling. Proven time and time again. Picked Might and Power amongst a long list of others.

On TVN yesterday he said he has given up the punt Wink but the real reason as to why we have had two blow outs for the new season's G1s is that it is a level playing field now with the current EPO audit. So you can throw out last years form.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 10:52am
Like father like son!
Viewed, Sirmione, Swick, Turffontein .. now throw in Road to Rock. Very erratic form.

D.OLIVER 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.OLIVER 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Pazman Pazman wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

On TVN yesterday he said he has given up the punt Wink but the real reason as to why we have had two blow outs for the new season's G1s is that it is a level playing field now with the current EPO audit. So you can throw out last years form.

Very very true, most people forget that when money is involved greed, drugs and ego play a major part in Australian horse racing, hopefully this whole epo saga will put everyone on a level playing field, but unfortunately most see this as a fantasy. Everyone in Sydney racing circles knows that jockeys and trainers take TURNS in winning races, you see it so many times....jockeys run hot then nothing for weeks or even months, same goes for trainers as we have seen recently with A cummings, not knocking the bloke, we all know he is a brilliant trainer, after all he learnt from best trainer after TJ Smith in the last 40 years. Sydney racing is as corrupt as hell and anybody who is anybody knows this and we all know who the main culprit is...one Bill Waterhouse, the mastermind of the whole bloody scam, obviously it is Anthonys turn and i hope he continues winning these big races, but when the wheel turns and his horses start to slow down, remember this....the puppet masters are pulling his strings and it will be time for someone else, just remember what happened to poor Rick hore-lacy when he floated Redoutes choice up to Sydney for the golden slipper, he was  TOLD to turn the f@#K around and go home...thats Sydney racing for you!!!
I just won the Melbourne cup...
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 6:25pm
Does the word Trenbolone ring bells for anyone? Wink. Chemists are always ahead of analysts & like a tea leaf sieve, the odd one'll get thru'. I'm not pointing any fingers but the mix of humans & money will always turn up the odd cheat. New positives, miniscule amounts, have turned up in the US, to derivatives of a herbal plant known to dilate respiratory vessels & so it will go on.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
OLAH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 7:25pm
What a load of sh*t! your telling me that the Sheik is going to be intimidated by someone like Waterhouse and his Goons... maybe it was dicussed that he can win the golden rose with Denman while sitting back smoking some opium through those wicked Bongs the Arabs use. The Cummings empire was build not bought! i could see RTR building up to a nice win from his previous start, i thought it may have been once he hit 2000m but the fast run mile was enough for him. they may have the masking agents avaliable im not disputing that and there is plenty new HELPERS being developed. but the rubbish about taking turns is...well rubbish!
OLAH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 7:28pm
on a different note... did anyone see SWARM at his last start? he should have won that, but ended up on his nose at the start, flew home and got second... if you look through the form previous to that start it shows just how the cummings boys roll.
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Pazman Pazman wrote:

Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

Don't be stupid - Anthony deserves all the credit he gets - a top G1 trainer and man in his own right. All those top 3yo Patanicks such as Trusting, Onmorenomore etc he picked for Tinkler with a gentlement's agreement to train them - so you could imagine the current stock he would have had to train. Anthony Cummings is the man who you would first to help you select say a nice yearling or a buffet restaurant.   

Didn't think of that.

Lets see how Patanick go with out AC assist in selecting their juveniles.
Romano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 2:51am
You really dont think Patinack with people with experience like Mick Price and John Thompson cant pick out stand out yearlings...pleeeeze!

In fact they may find that the yearlings wont cost as much this time round  Wink
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 12:55pm
He has a 2yo running a 1500m maiden at Newcastle that is about to jump.

He is very poorly placed in regards to WFA.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 12:59pm
And it wins easily..............
reductio ad absurdum
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 12:50pm

An application from Anthony & Edward Cummings for a Trainer Partnership to train at Royal Randwick has been approved. The Partnership will commence from today (Tuesday, 7 March 2017).

New Training Partnership (A. & E. Cummings)

Please note, in race fields originally released for the meeting to be held at Warwick Farm tomorrow (8th March), the following horses were declared in original publications as being trained by Anthony Cummings:-

Race 2, No 4 – Go Daddy Go
Race 10, No 8 – No Doubt

Go Daddy Go will now race for both gentlemen under the Partnership. No Doubt has been withdrawn from its engagement.

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:06pm
Is there a town stable going worse than these guys?
to the victor
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:36pm
Can't think of one at this point but john Sargent not having a lot of joy lately, Peter Rohbl, what's happened to him, Nikki Bourke in Melb. gone so quiet too, it's a tough gig.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Can't think of one at this point but john Sargent not having a lot of joy lately, Peter Rohbl, what's happened to him, Nikki Bourke in Melb. gone so quiet too, it's a tough gig.

Robl hasn’t had a runner since mid Jan, maybe Bill Mitchell isn’t “helping” any more.
Sargent is either winning an Oaks or a Nowra maiden
to the victor
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Robl hasn’t had a runner since mid Jan, maybe Bill Mitchell isn’t “helping” any more.

That 'level playing field' doesn't suit everyone
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:57pm
John Sargent never travels well - has one of the worst strike rates as a city trainer in the country!

Lucky if he gets 12% W/R.

Anthony & Ed also in a lull

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Bi Carb Bi Carb wrote:

Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

That 'level playing field' doesn't suit everyone

to the victor
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:26pm

Nikki Burke   has one in at Ballarat Today-R4-H11 Simply Dreaming
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:54pm
Just for curiosities sake I will watch, thanks horseshoe.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:24pm
Rumours doing the rounds they could be closing down.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:43pm
If what I am hearing is true you really have to wonder about our racing press and how the hell this has been kept quiet ?

reductio ad absurdum
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:12pm
Everything to do with this stable is just strange.

I am positive any horse in his stable that is successful, is so, in spite of him.

He never gives his horses a chance to steadily progress through the grades.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:31pm
He has owed everyone for years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>