Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jarryd Hayne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jarryd Hayne
    Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 3:48am
This player just keeps improving.  Although it was only against the woeful Warriors, Hayne made them look like schoolboys, setting up 4 tries with individual brilliance.  Havn't seen many paramatta games this season but when I have Jarryd has excelled, as he did for the Blues.  My pick for player of the year.
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 3:53am
His father was a very speedy customer also Tommo
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:48am
deserves a dally m award but it can be misleading with his performances not that point worthy early on in the year.

2 things have transformed him. playing for fiji in the world cup last year taught him respect and values and then playing in the 6 jumper although not too beneficial for the team but it meant he had to develop his kicking, passing and general football brain. now using those skills with the freedom of fullback he has plenty of weapons to choose from and more importantly the opposing team does not know what he will do next.

going to be interesting in the finals
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 4:20am
Hes a freak isnt he? I just want to see what happens when it doesnt come off eg the chips,sidesteps etc.
Will he drop his bundle or will he continue to entertain? His confidence is sky high now but ...... we'll see.
I don't have one
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 4:59am
i reckon he has the maturity to deal with it these days. he went through hell after those mistakes he made in the soo last year and came out of it a better footballer but also a better person.

hopefully though he has a breakdown against penrith next week. we need help
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 7:39am
He calmed down after he was shot at in the Cross
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 2:39am
And so it continues...

Another superb effort on Friday night.  His break at the 60 minute mark was amazing and then his flick pass was even better.  Just a shame that the dude he passed it to wasn't up to the brilliance of Hayne.

All class!
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:29am
Have not forgiven him for losing the State of Origin this year. His first 15mins of madness in the first game cost NSW the series.

Brett Kimmorely for this years medal. Has anybody got a market. 
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 6:52pm
they dont bet on it as the winner can be found out. a couple of years ago there  was a massive betting plunge on a player who won it.

not as secret as the afl keep there brownlow. it is ex players giving up the points

i think it was rd 16 that they go behind doors. at that time thurston was leading on 20 by 5 points. will be interesting to see of hayne gets the 21 points for the last 7 games they have won
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 3:56am
if he has learn't to stop taking dives he will be a great player. 
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 7:07pm
Congrats to Jarryd Hayne Dally M Player of the year  Clap  Clap  Clap
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 7:26pm

An emotional Jarryd Hayne revealed winning the Dally M Medal was the most memorable moment of his life.

"It is the best thing that has happened to me, words just can't explain, when my name got read out I felt like crying," Hayne said.

A sensational run of form in the second half of the NRL season helped the Parramatta star overtake North Queensland's Johnathan Thurston to win the game's most prestigious individual honour by a single point, with St George Illawarra five-eighth Jamie Soward finishing third.

The 21-year-old, who received his award from Prime Minister Kevin Rudd at the ceremony in Sydney on Tuesday was also named at fullback in the team of the year.

He picked up three points in every match between round 19 to 24, as he inspired the Eels run into the finals on the back of seven successive victories.

That purple patch helped Hayne pip Thurston, who led the competition by five points when judging went silent after round 16.

A single point in the Eels' 48-6 demolition of Penrith in round 24 gave Hayne an unassailable 29 points to become the first Eels player to win the award since Peter Sterling in 1987.

Hayne had just 11 points when the voting went silent but then had a stunning run of form, highlighted by a magnificent chip and chase that led to him scoring a try against Wests Tigers in an epic encounter at the SCG in round 23.

"Obviously this has been my best season to date, but I have to thank all the people that have been a part of building me, from the Parramatta club to the Fijian World Cup, if I hadn't have gone there I wouldn't be standing here now," he said.

Hayne said the opening State of Origin game in Melbourne was the turning point for his season but he was quick to pay tribute to those who had shaped his career.

"I can't thank enough people for helping me out and not giving up on me," he said.

Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 7:33pm
Very well deserved
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 7:50pm
excellent result. he has been the absolute star of this competition and is a very worthy winner.

i cant remember a player developing so much in one year in maturity and complete skills. i thought thurston would of got more points but in the end very happy with how the awards went.

bulldogs dominated and i am glad they gave the coach if the year award to moore. to take over a team that was a absolute mess and to develop it from last to 2nd in one year is a mammoth effort and not comparable to anything else achieved this year.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 11:53pm
I still can not work out how Gidley gets the NSW fullback spot ahead of him.

Afterall Gidley did start out as a 5/8th.

Hopefully if Hayne is in this type of form next year he will be rewarded although I suppose Stewart will be back but gee I would l;love to see Hayne at the back in the origin.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 4:49am
Holy SHUT!  What a sensational try!! FREAK!
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:13am
that was amazing. the ref had no idea on where to go to get out of the way. 
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 9:08am
That was exceptional...looked like a scene from The Matrix.
The Dude Abides
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by waggamick waggamick wrote:

That was exceptional...looked like a scene from The Matrix.

love this quote, should send this to ray warren and i reckon you may see it this friday night come out. the best description i have heard so far

i am sick of them saying " i have run out of superalitives"

maybe we should invent one, the haynix or matrixesque

had to laught when i saw in the telegraph that they have done a break down of why he is so good. got a picture of him running with arrows pointing to his head and saying "mental strength", one to his eyes"vision", backside etc. the last time i saw them do this is when lonhro was having his final run and they went with the why he is a perfect horse.

hopefully hayne performs better than lonhro did then
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 9:48pm

Just to save me from having to go to Youtube all the time to revisit that try I will post the said try here... I am still amazed even though I have seen the try 50 plus times... Does that make me crazed?

Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 5:33pm
Nearly got over the line with another very good effort in the 24th minute.  Passed it when he could have just about got over himself.

The Eels look likely to make a good fist of it next week after today's effort.  I love the lines this team is running at the moment.  Had the Titans in all sorts of bother.
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 7:20pm
it was a terrific performance by him once again. it seemed he was involved alot earlier than normal last week.

i loved the line from ray warren about bailey being penalised for not dancing properly with hayne.
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 7:24pm

I missed that line. LOL 

Hopefully he can deliver more brilliance over the next two weeks
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 9:44pm
May miss G/F is on report for kneeing
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 12:05am
I think that incident should be worth one week at most... Not much to it for mine.

Does anybody else think, if a player gets a one match suspension before a grand final, they should save it over for next year? 2 or more weeks they miss out fair enough, but one week is for not doing much, and it seems a lot to miss out on for say, accidently going a bit high in the tackle...
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 12:41am
dont think ke will miss a week. though i told all the eels supporters i spoke to that he was certain to miss a week.
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:04am
He should get off. Didn't lead with the feet, which is what refs have been told to penalise so he should be ok to play in GF. I'd be more worried about Cayless being fit to play!

2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:07am
I will be gutted if he is no there in the final and if he does gets a week off (which I am sure will not happen) there will be trouble amongst the Eels fans. 
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:30am
Tommo it won't hppen. He'll be fine mate. It all adds to the drama of the build up!!!
Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 5:45am
Originally posted by KangaMick KangaMick wrote:

He should get off. Didn't lead with the feet, which is what refs have been told to penalise so he should be ok to play in GF. I'd be more worried about Cayless being fit to play!

Bryce Gibbs from the Tigers kneed burt in the butt/back for what was accepted as accidental contact when attemping to tackle him .... Eight point try was awarded then Gibbs was suspended for 3 weeks .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>