Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Music Thread..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 4:31pm
lol John Williamson
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 4:43pm
I know what your thinking ...PRINCE ? Bit of a strange dude yeah and loved raiding his girlfriends closets 

BUT

He nailed this one !! 

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 4:50pm
I must admit the cult of Clapton has always bewildered me. His singing is very ordinary but not in an interestingly ordinary like like Dylan, Young, Reed etc- it's just boring. And his guitar playing- well there must be something he's doing that impresses guitarists but is beyond my level of comprehension to appreciate because it does nothing for me.

I had the double album Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs and dutifully listened to the masterpiece many times over but I could only find half of one good song on it- half of the title track. Half is a bit generous- more like one third of that song.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 4:56pm
The collaboration of that song is incredible ... Layla I mean 

The SAX the PIANO the and GUITAR 

Music is more then having an angelic voice mate 

But to each there own some ppl here like John Williamson ......that guy puts me to sleep 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I must admit the cult of Clapton has always bewildered me. His singing is very ordinary but not in an interestingly ordinary like like Dylan, Young, Reed etc- it's just boring. And his guitar playing- well there must be something he's doing that impresses guitarists but is beyond my level of comprehension to appreciate because it does nothing for me.

I had the double album Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs and dutifully listened to the masterpiece many times over but I could only find half of one good song on it- half of the title track. Half is a bit generous- more like one third of that song.

I prefer Richard to Eric.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:30pm
Greatest Guitar solo of all time !! No-one can do it like Gilmour

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Botox and plastic is her elixir of life

True but was also referring to her voice which was as powerful as ever although she could not reach the notes as before, that was amazing for a 72 yr old
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Have you ever seen Clapton backing Dylan? Bob's scathing looks at Eric's cheesy meaningless solos are priceless.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 7:11pm
I read in Dylan’s autobiography how much he would have liked to play with The Clash’s Mick Jones. Nowhere near as “gifted” a guitarist, but far more up Bob’s alley.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 7:13pm
Oooh that would have been good!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Ok. Why bother posting that you weirdo?

Just that it shows what a resigned sad old sod you are, just going through the motions of teaching, poor kids Ouch

apart from particular bods on tbv who would be a friend of whales?

complaining on meg and harry thread.

sad soul....

Isaac, why do you bring a complaint about the Meghan and Harry thread to the Music thread? 

Why not put it in it's thread or better still in your fabulous China thread that nobody reads?

cause i feel like it stoopid.

only 140000 have read the china thread...
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Botox and plastic is her elixir of life

True but was also referring to her voice which was as powerful as ever although she could not reach the notes as before, that was amazing for a 72 yr old

Yep.   The voice is still there.    72 and still rocking it.    Most of the old male dudes, like Tony B, can still sing but look like a bag of wrinkles ,  and then Cher comes out in net and sequins and looks as good as she did 40 years ago.   Thumbs Up
Lets wait until you critics get to Cher,s age, and see what shape you are in, and then we will re-discuss this LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by AdaHunta AdaHunta wrote:

lol John Williamson

Whats wrong with John?  A bit of Australiana never hurt anyone.  Wouldnt hurt for the young ones to learn a bit more about Australia thru music.  They sure dont learn it at school. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:09pm
PS.  Sorry John W  puts you to sleep, but we cant all like the same stuff.     Having lived in Nashville for almost 7 years, I met and listened to a hell of a lot of people who thought they could sing and play.  Thought they were musical talents.  Some of them made it to the big time, and they were shocking !  Sounded like a cat on a hot tin roof.   Others who really had talent never made it .
In Nashville just about every good ole boy could pick up an instrument and play it.  No music sheets.  No lessons.  Just hear a song once and play it.   Thats talent.  Hear that geetar and sax ring out in a tiny little club and then get up and follow thru with instruments and voices.
Music is amazing,,,so many forms it can take.   But one needs to be open and listen to all of it, and all the twists it can take, and the beauty it can produce, before we condem one artist as being boring.
animals before people.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 12:13am
Ok coooool Acacia and your right music is amazzzzzzing !! 

Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Spring Racing ....... Go Bruce Wink !!!

Guineas Day !!!  Smile  ....... and time to find out 

Well now we know what most of them are on about by now ....... except for the Cup of course Wink

Melbourne Cup Day !!!

(can't believe l'm putting this song up  LOL  .... but been just long enough for it to sound good again Smile just once tho. )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:15am
Love all of those Flash.  Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Love all of those Flash.  Thumbs Up

John Fogarty gets me every time , thanks flash.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:36am
Not bad for a couple of old fossils

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:07pm
Top class, great work thanks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:09am
No worries !!! Thumbs Up

Well now we know what most of them are on about by now ....... except for the Cup of course Wink

Melbourne Cup Day !!!

(can't believe l'm putting this song up  LOL  .... but been just long enough for it to sound good again Smile just once tho. )

OAKS day !!!

Lookout boys !!!                       (...punters that is .... hope you know what you're looking at Wink )

Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 9:34pm
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 4:21pm
Special request from carioca

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:41pm
Thanks mate, much appreciated.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:04am
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

looking forward to the movie.

Probably a few on here likewiseWink

Have you seen it yet?

Went during the week with the whole family in Gold Class - best entertainment in ages - the 20 somethings loved it too!

I'll probably go again with the missus ... and I was never really a mad fan, and I rarely watch a movie twice.

Just give Rami Malek his Oscar now!!! Clap

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Top class, great work thanks.
Loved the Fureys. Greenfields Of France - Classic. Young Willy McBride........
Refer ALP Election Promises
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:07am
Daughter and i went Friday night. Fun telling her where i was, my timeline when Bohemian Rhapsody first came out.

Fabulous, just fabulous.

You forget that Rami is NOT Freddie.

How are the critics sayin g there isnt enough about the gay stuff; was throughout, more than enough.
Quite a debauched period of time. No wonder aids happened. I knew of a gay run disco that would supply drugs to straight kids.......

Sad loss of talent, inspiration etc was Freddy. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:39am
No worries !!! Thumbs Up

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Melbourne Cup Day !!!

OAKS day !!!

Lookout boys !!!                       (...punters that is .... hope you know what you're looking at Wink )

[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

And finally ... this one's for all the Country Cups ..... Smile...

Ballarat Cup Day !!! SmileSmileSmile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:41am
... take home Bruce .... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 90>