Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tears I Cry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvlark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tears I Cry
    Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 10:01pm
I just watched a replay of the Dato Tan, as you're all probably aware this horse put in a HUGE performance - sat behind Guillotine and then had to be pulled out around them all and straightened up again in the straight. He's sitting at $51 for the Cox Plate. Why is it that his name's hardly been mentioned, and he's paying such a big price? To me it looks like he loves the Valley, and will get the extra ground. His run was ten times as good as Sirmione's, who was really struggling around MV's corners. He is a Group 1 winner - I'm not sure why he doesn't win any popularity contests. Just keep an eye on him.
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 10:42pm
Low-profile trainer probably doesnt help, but agreed, was a massive run. Not right up to the top-liners but stranger things have happened Shocked  
Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
cup horse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cup horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 12:27am
$10 the place. underwood will tell us more.
carter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 12:40am
he flys off a crazy hot pace, not sure whether or not he'l get it in the cox but if they go nuts he could be there or thereabouts 
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 1:04am
Does Nakita still have the sit on him?
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
Mudlark View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudlark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 9:09pm
you are kidding right tvlark?
tvlark View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvlark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Mudlark Mudlark wrote:

you are kidding right tvlark?

I wasn't a month a go Mudlark.

I've been on the Princess all year anyway, I was just stating Tears ran a super race in the Dato Tan Chin Nam and looked like a Cox Plate horse going under the radar. Apparently things change Confused
Maximillions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximillions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:45am
Cox plate should be called coxless tea cup

Weak as.
Forget the odds.....You are Unstoppable !
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:13pm
Sad news on the passing of Tears I Cry.

Group 1 Winner - Emirates Stakes 2007

With time spent doing Clerk duties at Warrnambool for trainer Anne McGrath.

A wonderful horse with so many great highlights!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 4:17pm
I still remember that day and that win  !!   Is good the horse had a useful life.  Anne will miss him I am sure.
What happened do you know ?  Not that old ?
RIP mate.

animals before people.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 4:22pm
He would’ve been 16 this year. Not sure what happened to him.
I am pretty sure Anne was still clerking on him at The Warrnambool carnival earlier in the month
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:38pm
Sad to hear.

This guy is what you call, a life changing experience.

Horses like Rich Charm, Takeover Target and Vo Rogue will always hold a special place in the publics eye!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:36pm
It appears as though he was bitten by snake.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:40pm
Any details on the funeral ?
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:53pm
He has been buried in Anne’s Yard, right under her kitchen window.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:54pm
She went out to her paddock to check on him Friday morning and he had already gone. She found a snake nearby so that is the conclusion they came too.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 5:38pm
I'm not religious but regardless, I've never been able to come to terms with the stallions' name & to my mind, a lot of his stock died too young including he himself of lightning strike.
His 1st runner won a Group race at Sandown but only had a couple of starts before also succumbing to an early death.

Lacryma Cristi = Tears Of Christ Cry

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:25pm
I saw him once years ago, and really liked him, but the name put me right off.  Strange name for a race horse.  ( Lacryma Cristi ).
Very sad for Anne to find T I C like that. 
animals before people.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:53am
Lacryma Cristi was actually named for a famous wine region in Italy, but the name had dual meaning.
Being sired by Green Desert - the tears of christ (rain) turn a desert green.
His dam's name L'anno d'oro translated to Golden year, or year of gold, and again the tears of christ would produce a bumper year in a vineyard crop, so we thought it was very clever naming.
LC died of colic at the age of 17.
Desert Angel won on debut, and then ran 2nd to Langoustine in the Maribyrnong Plate, pulling up quite sick. Within a couple of days she was fighting for life at Werribee Hospital. She was such a tough filly, she survived pneumonia and collitis, then the resulting laminitis, was eventually discharged and finally lost her battle when the laminitis flared and she lost her whole hoof.

www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:28pm
Thanks for the insight into L.Cs naming, VSP.   Its actually very cleverly thought out.  Such a shame about him, and also Desert Angel. 
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply