Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

ARTIE SCHILLER & HUSSONET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARTIE SCHILLER & HUSSONET
    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 5:57pm
Our 10 yr old mare has Hussonet on sire side, one back plus Mr Prospector 3m,5m x 4m. Bred two foals, not planning on continuing breeding, have enough racehorses around here. 
Lease available if anyone interested. Not for sale though. 
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 1:19pm
First couple of pages in this thread read like an episode of Bridgerton LOL
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 1:13pm
Same as Hussonet in South America loved stallions with Nijinsky.  Ring a bell for Arrowfield importing him with all the Redoute's blood around.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 11:38am
Wow!! This is impressive Clap From Kristen Manning.

Artie Schiller hails from the family of Mr Prospector and picks up well on strains of that legendary stallion.... tonight's Canterbury winner Major Artie is one example... Artie Schiller's strike rate with mares carrying a Mr Prospector strain is an excellent 69.1%; 30 stakes winners
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:18am
Very impressive list of Group wins, Wild Storm and Wild Spirit amongst them. That’s why I named ours Wild Hostess
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:13am
I think Byron Rogers had a lot to do with his selection and importation
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:45pm
He was a super stallion in South America before Arrowfield imported him.

reductio ad absurdum
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:24pm
I was reading Willy’s comment on page 2 of this thread. I read an article that said Hussonet had sired more group horses than any other stallion in Aust, possibly there was more to it that explained the circumstances.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:09am
How did we get Hussonet in the Artie thread ??????    Even more Confused now. 
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:48pm
He's sired about 15 Oz-bred Group winners.  Many Oz-based stallions have sired far more.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:09pm
Hussonet
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 2:11am
I am like SC  ??  Confused  Wires crossed somewhere ???
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:29pm
Artie Schiller???  Or are our wires crossed.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:53pm
Just read this, he sired more Group winners than any other sire in Aust history?
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 7:26am

It might be fun for you two, but no-one else is laughing. Can you please use Private Messenger or Email to exchange personal insults? No-one else is at all interested, and it's an insult to you and your country to carry on like such school children. I think my kids are more mature. Thumbs%20Down

Mayor
willy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 4:45am

C'mon RUNFER .. you are spoiling my fun.

PETER JENKINS and I go back a long way and he's good fun in debate.

His "shadows" are even better.LOL

Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 4:29am
Agree with you Mrs D.  The thread started very well, but is now going no-where and in its latter stages is a perfect example of why the Torquil's of this world no longer visit the forums.

So guys and girls, and speaking of course as a perfect example of a perfect person who has never made even a single naughty comment in the forums LOL, why don't we just close this thread down.

And those who want to continue exchanging insults can maybe rent a room or a psych or visit the Chat Room. Approve
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Placid Ark View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Ark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 3:42am
Originally posted by willy willy wrote:

Wasn't a bad racehorse PLACID ARC .. and just a pity that some form of unidentifiable lowlife associated with the dodgy side of this industry has chosen to hide behind it.

Then again .. that's what we've got .. and it's great fun hunting them down.LOL

I think you'll find I'm right and it's spelt Placind Ark..

Also, what makes you think I'm from the dodgy side of the industry? Or is that just an attempt to divert attention from your own flaws and lack of character???
Mrs Doubtfire View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Doubtfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 8:59pm
I had been enjoying the new forum so far, but am disappointed to see this thread going down the same path as so many on the old forum - name calling, personal attacks etc.. etc.  Come on children, clean it up  PLEASE !Angry 

Edited by Mayor - 28 Feb 2007 at 12:49am
"GOOD ENOUGH" is just not Good Enough.
Peter Jenkins View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 8:40pm
Willy, you are so funny Clap

Postponed cost his owners $200k to purchase and this year alone he's earned over $1m.......do the math. The other stallions all pay their way too. the day the don't they're out the door. Your knowledge of the commercial stallion business is sadly deficient.
willy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 8:37pm
AI is a certainty to be introduced in my lifetime.

I have an 8 page article here sent to me by the BREEDERS ASSOCIATION CEO which well details a 'softened' view to AI's introduction in the not too distant future. 

It will either happen voluntarily .. or via the courts. NZTR are presently on notice to deal with the unlawfull ban.

They are well aware that NZ's once great breeding record is being diminished by any number of rubbish stallions that are being brought into NZ by quick buck merchants who have no regard for the longterm future of the breed while taking advantage of a supply & access controlled market.

Many stallions would do a starve under an AI breeding option regime...

Edited by Mayor - 28 Feb 2007 at 12:46am
Anziyan View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anziyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 8:24pm
Willy,

AI will NEVER be introduced in New Zealand....

Edited by Mayor - 28 Feb 2007 at 12:45am
willy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 8:14pm
Mate .. there is no "you & I".

Once AI is introduced into NZ the breeders won't be able to run fast enough to get away from the rubbish & hand-me-downs that you have dragged up from around the globe.

Give my best regards to MIKE.

And .. I just hope that his other investments cover this stallion line up .. not like the other poor studdies who are no longer 'with us'.Cry
Peter Jenkins View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 6:32pm
As I guessed, a reply utterly lacking in facts and substance which is what we come to expect from you, Willy. At least you have had your opinion which i am grateful for particularly on our stallion lineup because as I said your bagging of any stallion is fast becoming the benchmark for many breeders to seriously consider using such horses. So keep up the good work.

Look you lost the Hussonet bet, so just build a bridge and get over it. We all make mistakes it's just that you believe you're infallible. Some others on this thread have got you pegged. Anyway this thread is supposed to be about Artie Schiller....not you and I
willy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 3:30pm
Wasn't a bad racehorse PLACID ARC .. and just a pity that some form of unidentifiable lowlife associated with the dodgy side of this industry has chosen to hide behind it.

Then again .. that's what we've got .. and it's great fun hunting them down.LOL
Placid Ark View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Ark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 10:10am
Agatha,

Willy is like the many losers in all walks of life who choose to bring down those who 'have a go'. Tall-poppy syndrome is what it's called in Australia.

Instead of having a go themselves, they prefer to complain about everything that is stopping them from achieving their goals.

These people may be entitled to an opinion but, much like a democratic system, imbeciles are at times given the reins Thumbs%20Down

These people have a common denominator...FAILURE...and we must avoid association at all costs...otherwise we too may declare selling a crock by a failed sire to Singapore as our career highlight...Clap
ilalastud View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilalastud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 8:39am
No, I dont miss your point. Your basic argument is that Willy lacks credibility. You have attempted to base this lack of credibility on an assumption that Willy has not imported, purchased, stood or worked with stallions himself. That is your contention.

By that logic, does my band of "rubbish stallions" on my "doomed to failure" farm therefore give me more credibility than someone who has not run a farm, or stood stallions?

Does it make me more credible than you for instance? Does it make my opinion worth more than yours?

I agree that pointless sniping at people is not needed in this forum.

But methinks Willy is not alone in the snide remark department, eh Aggie.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 7:36am
With due respect Agatha, no-one has a requirement to justify themselves, or demonstrate their experience or bona-fides, on the Forums.

Sometimes Willy makes a great case, other times perhaps not.  Just like you or I perhaps.

However the reality in all this is that everyone is entitled to express opinions with or without reasoning, and it's for others to make their own judgements as to the validity of those opinions.

But importantly imo, no-one needs to have necessarily climbed Mt Everest to express an opinion about the difficulty or otherwise of doing so.

It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Agatha View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agatha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 7:00am
Ilala, You are missing the point, i'm not arguing his position to question or have an opinion, i'm challenging his credibility.

I'll give you an example

If I was to say that your farm is doomed because you have a lot of rubbish stallions that nobody likes, and as such, are forced to resort to cheap gimmicks to fill your books, what would it prove.

This may or may not be true but at least you've got the balls to have a go and at least you're showing initiative and backing your ability....I admire that even if I don't agree with your model. At least you are financing this operation and are fully aware and culpable for all your decision making.

Willy, looks to be an armchair critic, happy to sit on his backside and fight for unwinnable causes while all the time destroying the reputations and work of others.

He doesn't like Peter Jenkins.... so what.

If he was a man he would treat him like everyone elso and pass commentary on his horses and then move on.  Instead he tries to belittle and destroy his credibility at every opportunity. There is nothing to admire about this, it is the work of a small minded person.

I just think that Willy carries on like New Zealand's version of John Messara, the only difference is that John Messara has been responsible for shuttling Danehill and standing Redoutes Choice, Flying Spur Danzero etc and Willy has bred a couple of stakes horses and traded a bit to Singapore......the difference is so huge it's embarrassing, yet even though Messara is very vocal about the industry, you don't see him carrying on like an absolute imbecile.

Willy's volume and level of authority just don't stack up.....

willy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 6:29am
I get your point BAGMAN .. but as you know .. we've seen many stallions in the past who come out guns blazing in their first crop and then the wheels fall off.

FU PEG a prime example.

The level of racing in NZ is at times inferior to AUSTRALIA .. and unless the POSTPONED's can produce a few gooduns in your region .. then yes .. he will become just a domestic product ..

.. a bread & butter sire.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>