Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Forum technical issue - note

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 11:41am
I actually meant that clearing your cache while logged in will kill your TBV login so if you subsequently post you're stuffed. Can't retrieve your post by hitting the back button because TBV's software (and support) is shyte.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:57am
When using the search in the last couple of days, I keep getting this; anyone else?

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:58am
Yes search hasn't worked since Thursday, I've had to revert to the 'google' method
"Go Hard or Go Home, you're at the 'bool"
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 10:43am
Yes Gay, I thought it was just me
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 1:18pm
Even when the search is working the search default to "Topic Subject" has STILL not been implemented. A five minute coding fix!!

The cut and paste facility (eg my Doncaster post) is abysmal but we've been told that isn't going to change.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

When using the search in the last couple of days, I keep getting this; anyone else?

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Just got this error trying to paste Doncaster noms. Whatever the Mayor is paying for hosting is 50% too much.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 6:56am
The 'search' issue appears to have been fixed Smile Feel free to post if not for others.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 7:31am
How do you search for posts older than a year ago? Like several years ago. For example if I wanted to find the first post I ever made how would I do it?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 7:39am
At the top of each page is a page selector eg in the Racing Forum it goes from 1 - 1007 Just click the 1007 and then the back arrow to find 1006, the first post in 2007 on this version of the forum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:16am
In Advanced, the default Find Posts is Any Date & Newer so it finds back to the initial posts.

Edited by Gay3 - 22 Mar 2017 at 8:17am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

At the top of each page is a page selector eg in the Racing Forum it goes from 1 - 1007 Just click the 1007 and then the back arrow to find 1006, the first post in 2007 on this version of the forum

That's great if I was wanting to find the first post/posts on the whole forum but totally useless if I want to find the first posts by a specific user.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:20am

In Advanced, the default Find Posts is Any Date & Newer so it finds back to the initial posts.

Search is not working for me so can't test but not sure that will work because it only picks up 100 or so posts I think.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:24am
Me either now, it's obviously hit & miss Confused

Mayor could you update us on efforts to rectify please?

Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:54pm
Anyone having dramas with searching for topics?
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Just got this error trying to paste Doncaster noms. Whatever the Mayor is paying for hosting is 50% too much.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:04pm
Sorry Gay didn't see that, yep same error.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:15am
Presumably the TBV server clock and software have become detached?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Presumably the TBV server clock and software have become detached?

Could you expand? An example perhaps?
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 12:46pm
Still getting the 500 server error when using the SEARCH function Unhappy

Edited by Gay3 - 05 Apr 2017 at 1:01pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 1:05pm
Has been resynched Gay. Was showing recent posts as 12 hours ago. I noticed because posts I'd read were showing up as unread and were 12 hours behind tgheir actual post time. Probably the UK wallies resetting something.

Cheers Thumbs Up & yes it probably was..............pity about the still non functioning 'search' tho' Cry

Edited by Gay3 - 05 Apr 2017 at 1:09pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 1:08pm
Actually it's STILL showing the wrong lapsed time eg recent posts on the QEII thread are supposedly 12hrs+ old. Minor thing but symptomatic of the hosting mob's competence it seems.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:18pm
Finally it appears that whatever they've done to fix the search fault has also overcome the pasting text problem.
I just did an ok GX1 article, what about others, is it fixed?

Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:25pm
I just copied G1 too and it worked
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:38pm
Really? I'll wait a few days (for further member testing and feedback) and make an inquiry about it. That would be nice!
Mayor
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:47pm
Looks like the site is working properly again, good work MayorClap
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

Their response: When you copy and paste from another source the encoding may not be the same as set for your website. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done regarding different encodings used with different websites. It is best to either not copy and paste or copy to notepad, then copy from notepad to the forum so that only text is copied and not the encoding of the source.

However, the problem appears to be the quotation marks that are slightly off vertical. When you replace them with a basic quotation mark (small vertical) the problem is resolved. I'll ask him if he can simply filter the oblique quotation marks, changing them to basic. Mayor

It's funny, the software that we use to register an issue with them, actually fixes the quotation mark problem, so I can't demonstrate the issue in my response to them, lol. What mechanism is it using there? :) Anyway, I'll wait to hear from them again.

Cheers
Mayor  

Well so much for their rubbish reply which has been successfully, albeit by accident/default fixed once the search function error was addressed. Bloody techies obviously can't even configure their own software/coding, what hope have we got? Confused

Edited by Gay3 - 11 Apr 2017 at 7:05pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:45pm
Just going to try and post part of a spreadsheet here to test as well

Race 2     4 Life Less Ordinary      $19.00
     14 Yacht Club      $61.00
Race 3     9 Star Patriot       $41.00
     4 Fragonard      $12.00
Race 4     1 Wine Bush      $6.50
Race 5     9 Crystal Dreamer       $4.80
Race 7     4 French Emotion      $2.90
     1 Leebaz      $12.00
     7 Authoritarian      $51.00
Race 8     5 Hans Holbein      $2.90
     2 Dark Eyes       $17.00
Race 9     9 Sullivans Bay      $15.00
     8 Tykatio      $41.00
     1 Tuscan Sling      $17.00
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:41am
Last night we upgraded the PHP and website software.. didn't notice anything but should be more secure. Just letting you know. Mayor
Mayor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic