Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Forum technical issue - note

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 9:18pm
I've always been able to post 5 acceptances fields from the Racing Australia site & no more but am happy with that.
I'll do them tomorrow late morning & see what happens Big smile
The charts Dizzy mentioned went up fine for me Smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:03pm
Any chance the tech whiz can now fix the problem of quotation marks being substituted? Should be a VERY BASIC task.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:07pm
Just posted some bulk race field's seems they are all "working" ''
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:08pm
same with the punctuation,  added that in and no glitch.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:16pm
Punctuation marks? What have I been missing Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:22pm
Earlier today the forum was going a bit weird with little punctuation marks. Looks like it has corrected itself though.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:55pm
Finally success with the race fields posting in pre glitch format Clap Clap Clap
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:57pm
except for horses with ' in there name, eg Fast 'n' Rocking, looking at his name in the form guide is a bit weird now.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:58pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Any chance the tech whiz can now fix the problem of quotation marks being substituted? Should be a VERY BASIC task.

Still occurring. Ought to be an elementary website programming/db admin task to fix it
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:26pm
Thanks, I'll ask the question. Cheers

Edited by Mayor - 21 Sep 2016 at 1:27pm
Mayor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:32pm
Thanks Mayor. Hope the Doggies do everyone proud again this week. Personally hope they smash the AFL's darlings.

Some coincidence there Shawy. I was posting the same detail and didn't see your post.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:47pm
Example of quotation errors:

Hayward seized three unregistered items from the trainer’s residential property on Saturday afternoon — two 100ml bottles labelled “Before Gallops” and “Clotenol” and a 10ml bottle labelled “HA2”.

The “Before Gallops” bottle was three-quarters full and stewards alleged the trainer admitted using it in an interview with Hayward on Saturday.

Should read:

Hayward seized three unregistered items from the trainers residential property on Saturday afternoon  two 100ml bottles labelled Before Gallops and Clotenol and a 10ml bottle labelled HA2.

The Before Gallops bottle was three-quarters full and stewards alleged the trainer admitted using it in an interview with Hayward on Saturday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/superracing/nsw-racing/trainer-con-karakatsanis-charged-by-racing-nsw-stewards/news-story/2bf497b396576fa306add28bf53ef2c9

Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:33pm
A good thing now with the upgrade from my perspective is that my iPad now has full,screen width in landscape mode.
"Nothing in the world is so powerful as an idea whose time has come"
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:36pm
Still issues with pasting quotations
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
I'M SAYING NO TO GAY MARRIAGE...ARE YOU?
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 1:57am
I've notified them and it should be fixed tonight, I hope. 

Good luck to the Western Bulldogs !!
Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:24am
The “Before Gallops” bottle was three-quarters full and stewards alleged the trainer admitted "using it" in an interview with Hayward on Saturday.

Testing...
Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:26am
The “Before Gallops" bottle was three-quarters full and stewards alleged the trainer admitted "using it" in an interview with Hayward on Saturday.
Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:27am
The "Before Gallops" bottle was three-quarters full and stewards alleged the trainer admitted "using it" in an interview with Hayward on Saturday.
Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:32am
Their response: When you copy and paste from another source the encoding may not be the same as set for your website. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done regarding different encodings used with different websites. It is best to either not copy and paste or copy to notepad, then copy from notepad to the forum so that only text is copied and not the encoding of the source.

However, the problem appears to be the quotation marks that are slightly off vertical. When you replace them with a basic quotation mark (small vertical) the problem is resolved. I'll ask him if he can simply filter the oblique quotation marks, changing them to basic. Mayor

It's funny, the software that we use to register an issue with them, actually fixes the quotation mark problem, so I can't demonstrate the issue in my response to them, lol. What mechanism is it using there? :) Anyway, I'll wait to hear from them again.

Cheers
Mayor

Edited by Mayor - 24 Sep 2016 at 9:44am
Mayor
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 10:07am
It's weird because we never had this issue until the upgrade, so obviously something changed. Hopefully it's sorted 👍

That's true. Mayor

Edited by Mayor - 24 Sep 2016 at 2:44pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 2:02pm
While they're fixing that little problem Mayor perhaps you could ask them to perform another minor coding task and make the search default Topic Subject not Message Body  - which essentially doesn't work. That way when I forget to change that option I don't have to kill the whole process in my browser when it spins off into an infinite loop as it so often does now.

Yes I know how to get around it with google but for quick/basic searches it would be nice to use the forum tool without any mucking around.

I'll second that particularly the forgetting part Ouch

Edited by Gay3 - 26 Sep 2016 at 2:20pm
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 2:14pm
Thanks 3blindmice, will do.

Cheers
Mayor

Mayor
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:43pm
Don't worry RACING NSW is having the same problem...for example,look at Queanbyan results last Monday

here's a sample

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:44pm
The russians have taken over
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:48pm
Racing Australia

Race 3 - 2:35PM “WAR JET” MAIDEN PLATE (1460 METRES)
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 8:11pm
Mayor, could you please tell the server company that this is not acceptable from a paid for platform Angry. Fair enough if it was a freebie like so many but crikey, they offer a service, you pay for it & they fail to deliver  to the required standard.

2115x17x35O’MALLEYEnver Jusufovic

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

Racing Australia

Race 3 - 2:35PM “WAR JET” MAIDEN PLATE (1460 METRES)

Mayor, has the server been notified of this still ongoing issue? If so could you please remind them to further look into it? Angry
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:52am
Multiple people have it, with articles from all over, and they don't show up in the preview, only after being posted, if any of that helps.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:24am
Yes, they have responded. I'll post the response later. I think it was something like... out of their control what fonts other web pages use and when you copy and paste from them, it replicates the issue. I still have one thing to try... that is, to set it up on the bad word filter list which may automatically change it.. 
Mayor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic