Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Forum technical issue - note

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:22pm
this thread stuffed up after I tried to post 7 gen pedigree

Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:50am
I've just tried to paste the above as an example & sure enough Server Error occurs Evil Smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:28pm
Forum spat the dummy a while back. That will happen if your maintenance is schizenhousen

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while connecting to the database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_db_connection
File Name:- database_connection.asp
Forum Version:- 11.06

Error details:-
Provider
Unspecified error

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:42pm
Todays' email reply from the Mayor, hopefully a correction will be forthcoming shortly Big smile

So , is it that you cannot post tables, like spreadsheet tables? The forum software was upgraded last week, do you think it's changed something ? I'll need specific details of what type of message cannot be posted anymore. Maybe there is a setting that needs to be addressed.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Todays' email reply from the Mayor, hopefully a correction will be forthcoming shortly Big smile

So , is it that you cannot post tables, like spreadsheet tables? The forum software was upgraded last week, do you think it's changed something ? I'll need specific details of what type of message cannot be posted anymore. Maybe there is a setting that needs to be addressed.

What he can't log on to see for himself?
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:53pm
Software was "upgraded". Always a good starting point. 

Tell him to look at this thread to get an idea of what isn't working.

I was able to cut and paste bits of racefields but trying one race completely gave me the usual 503 error. Perhaps the computer scientist who did the "upgrade" failed to save existing settings or put some sort of arbitrary limit on the packet size which can be pasted? 

Images seem to be working?????
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:55pm
500 error I mean
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 6:02pm
Another problem. It's forgetting what you've already read. Appears to refresh every so often and hasn't kept your history so old posts show up as new. Not a biggie but yet another downgrade after the upgrade.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:20pm
Still having major issues with posting Race fields.
Seems to work for small fields, but the higher the numbers, the less chance you have of getting the post through. Maybe the limit to characters on posts has been changed??
Proud owner of many horses, both thoroughbreds and standardbreds. Love my racing
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:01pm
Sorry guys, have been flat chat. I think it's probably related to the upgrade. I'll email them now and try to get it sorted. Apologies, Mayor

Yes Allan, literally cannot think clearly because of that distraction!
Mayor
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

500 error I mean

had it three times tonight...

Dead
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 6:44am
Response regarding the server errors..

The errors that were posted this morning are likely to relate to the database upgrades that we notified customers of back in August as database servers where upgraded to SQL Server 2016 at around 6:30am GMT this morning. There would have been errors like those reported by your users for around 3 or 4 minutes during the upgrade.
Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 6:46am
Response regarding the tabulated data issue..

I am not sure what version you were on previously but the security filters that filter what you can and cannot post have not been changed for over 5 years.
Unless your forum was modified or the previous version you were running was over 5 years old you should still be able to post the same data.
Are you able to attach or link to an example of a spreadsheet that you are trying to post in order to test posting the data in the lab here to identify the issue.

Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 6:53am
Help required please. I just tried to copy and paste a Race Field from the Racing Australia website and it produced a Server error. Any other examples? From which website do the pedigrees produce issues? Is it any spreadsheet data? 

eg; http://www.racingaustralia.horse/FreeFields/Form.aspx?Key=2016Sep14,VIC,Racing.com%20Park%20Synthetic
Mayor
Nostradamus II View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 7:55am
I posted a 7 generation pedigree from TesioPower and it did a part of it and stuffed up. When I tried to post a response it was posted inside the stuffed up post. A couple of months ago I got a server error doing the same thing
Nostradamus II View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 7:56am
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

Help required please. I just tried to copy and paste a Race Field from the Racing Australia website and it produced a Server error. Any other examples? From which website do the pedigrees produce issues? Is it any spreadsheet data? 

eg; http://www.racingaustralia.horse/FreeFields/Form.aspx?Key=2016Sep14,VIC,Racing.com%20Park%20Synthetic

Tesio Power HTML 5/6/7 gens charts.

Saturday race fields from R&S were obviously too many to take but I can't replicate presently

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/en/form-guide/

Take todays' full list including Internationals & you get the Server error.

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Sep 2016 at 8:34am
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 5:24pm
Hello,
I got the same Problem as "Nostradamus2" since he posted his tabulated ped at the 'Tailfemale breeding' thread. The following post of "Daraabah" was for me only partly readable. and the Forummembers ID were on the right side instead of the opposite side.

regards, Ticino
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 12:22pm
After not being able to cut and paste fields directly (was limited to posting 7 or 8 horses), have tried cleaning them up in Excel. STILL cannot post multiple fields, which suggests there is a size limit being arbitrarily imposed for pasting. 
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 12:49pm
That's what I'm thinking 3bm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I keep being taken to middle of threads, rather than last post...

annoying...

Its been doing that to me for weeks now.  And still doing it.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 3:07pm

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 9:17am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

I'm tipping he'll be even happier in 7 days time.

If the Mayor was happy after the Dogwash in the west he'll be ecstatic after they picked themselves up  off the canvas last night and gave the Hawks a pasting. 

Speaking of pasting Mayor - any progress with your DB "manager"?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 3:07pm
No doubt the Mayor has his software/DB "expert" beavering away at the problem Lol, Lol, Lol.

Meantime I was able to cut and paste unlinked text fields from Excel (albeit one at a time) but when I tried the same Excel fields (including their hotlinks from the Racing Australia website) the dreaded 500 error once again reared it's now ugly and bloody tiresome head. 

Any hope of an answer before the next decade MAYOR?
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 11:02pm
I'm hoping for further clues by tomorrow. Sincere apologies for these issues. It's hard to resolve the problem when apparently nothing has changed in the software.
Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 8:53am
Dear village members, please help with some testing and provide feedback..
Regards, Mayor

The response from our technical support:

Copy and pasting the whole spreadsheet from the page below caused the forum to crash in our lab testing;

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/en/form-guide/racefields.asp?meetingID=83492&pp=1

This crash occurred due to the amount of data posted. It was being trimmed causing the filtering of the HTML to crash.

If only the first table in the spreadsheet was copied and pasted it worked, but when the whole spreadsheet was copy and pasted the forum would crash when the post was submitted.

To fix the issue;

1. The function that filters HTML has had more error handling added to prevent the forum from crashing when a large post is trimmed.

2. The amount of data that can be submitted in a post on your forum has been increased to allow such large HTML posts to be submitted.

The above changes should fix the issue for you.

Mayor
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 9:00am
It looks as thought fields will be able to be posted - just posted 3 from Rosehill and it worked fine.
However, I couldn't post from the spread sheets used in the yearling comps - I will send to Gay3 and see if she can get past this.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 12:56pm
The whole website was down for 1 hour. Don't know what the Mayor is paying for hosting and maintenance but it's too much
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 1:07pm
Make that 4hrs & the Mayor was informed.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 1:31pm
Thought it was just me but haven't been able to get on for my tbv fix all day. Had to do some actual work
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic