Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.
Punters, click here for everything about betting: Villagebet - Community of punters.

Folau

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 102>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Can't resist responding to a couple of posts about "me" here, just for honesty's sake. Someone joked about a high school teacher dismissing Hitchens as a joke - well, this high school teacher won academic prizes all through school and tertiary education, state prizes in Chemistry and Literature, TER of 98 after skipping half the classes, only did teaching after being disillusioned by Law, Masters degrees in Philosophy and Theology, published books/ articles, blah blah. I think I'm qualified enough to call out a flash in the pan fake intellectual lollipop like Hitchens.

And re my criticism of Assembly of God being prosperity gospel scammers, I'm happy to explain the history/ theology of it if anyone is interested, and to explain why Catholicism is literally the "universal" understanding of "Christianity."

But back to rugby player, contracts and "freedom of speech/ religion" gossip... Sigh.

That's very impressive stayer, I can easily empathise - I too skipped half of my classes.LOL

hey, I'm not arguing the point about the AOG's standing as a scammer, and I for one would appreciate a summary and explanation ... my question was, how does that make them different from all the other organisations we have claiming tax exemptions - including Unions. 

I thought I answered that, doc. Cash in hand
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
Sponsored Links

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:20am
By the way Stayer, well done on your academic achievements but thousands, probably hundreds of  hundreds of thousands have achieved comparable qualifications.

The numbers who have achieved what Amis and Hitchens have is measured in the hundreds.

But hey you are qualified to call them losers LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:33am
When you have to go on an anonymous public forum and claim how smart you are on paper, you have already lost the argument.
Only the best people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:37am
Reminds me of another who was boasting how his unpaid "charity " work is worth hundreds of thousands. Strange people have the need to impress anonymous people on a forum as you say Unhappy
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:55am
Exactly

Food Scientist (B.Sc)
TBV Statistical Analyst - & often misunderstood !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:11am
There is another reason why some people don't show their academic qualifications.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:12am
Unless "BA" can be used for "bugger all"
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:18am
Whale feeling inadequate and anonymous. Whale tell us what you are good at. Any quals?

Isn't it wonderful that  apart from GOSSIP you can feel important via a post on ....TBV Clap
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Whale feeling inadequate and anonymous. Whale tell us what you are good at. Any quals?

Isn't it wonderful that  apart from GOSSIP you can feel important via a post on ....TBV Clap

I feel fine, have no need to prove anything to an anonymous forum Smile

But hey Isaac nice post, just another one showing how I am inside your head LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Exactly

Food Scientist (B.Sc)

Sc. Is that the German abbreviation?
Only the best people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:28am
The skills of Stayer stand out like a red dress at a funeral.

I must say the same for Whale too.

To knock a member for mentioning their experience & qualifications would seem to be the only course for those with NOTHING to offer.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

To knock a member for mentioning their experience & qualifications would seem to be the only course for those with NOTHING to offer.

Professor Tim Flannery is a highly decorated person too maxie.  Wink
Only the best people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Nice dig old relic but completely off mark as usual LOL

I posted this when he boasted of his qualifications :

Congratulations on your academic achievements, you are far brighter than me  Thumbs Up

Since then others have remarked how strange it is to post your achievements on an anonymous forum, as if somehow strangers should be impressed,  I have come to see their point Smile
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:29pm
Please all get back to at least somewhere near the topic and away from the personal
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:47am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Reminds me of another who was boasting how his unpaid "charity " work is worth hundreds of thousands. Strange people have the need to impress anonymous people on a forum as you say Unhappy

Indeed, we should all aspire to be Whale's lofty ambitions ... and constantly impress nobody.Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:51am
Izzy seems to be wise beyond his years and his qualifications, yet humble.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:38am
Dont worry Doc, when this goes to poop for him, all his Lib and Christian mates will let him know just how much he really means to them.
Only the best people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Dont worry Doc, when this goes to poop for him, all his Lib and Christian mates will let him know just how much he really means to them.

Maybe Lyin' Izzie can take over Fred Nile's MLC spot. He'll be looking for a nice little earner with not much work or intelligence required.

Nile is opposed to homosexuality which he has described as a "mental disorder"[21] and calls homosexuality a "lifestyle choice" that is "immoral, unnatural and abnormal".[22][23][24] Nile has also stated that he was "totally opposed to the bashing of homosexuals...totally opposed to any violence or attacks directed against homosexual men or lesbians ... opposed to strong (malicious) verbal attacks."[25]

Nile has opposed the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, which he described as a "public parade of immorality and blasphemy".[26] Nile objected to the "indecency and obscenity in various parts of the Mardi Gras" and stated that it reinforced "the worst stereotypes".[27] Each year, he leads a prayer session against the event.[28]

In 2005, Nile called for the repealing of New South Wales anti-vilification law, claiming that the law is discriminatory and should either cover all citizens or be abolished. Nile claimed that the Homosexual Vilification Act was being abused to gag free speech and prevent open non-malicious public discussion.[29]

Following a 2011 announcement by Penny Wong, a Labor Party federal government minister, that her same-sex partner was pregnant,[30] Nile publicly denounced Wong's actions, saying "I'm totally against a baby being brought up by two mothers," and "She needn't have made it public. It just promotes their lesbian lifestyle and trying to make it natural where it's unnatural."[31] During a televised debate on the show Q&A, Nile told Gene Robinson, the first priest in an openly gay relationship to be consecrated a bishop in a major Christian denomination, that he "...should be ashamed to be a bishop and going against the church".[32]

Old Fred seems to have plenty of religious freedom.Wink

"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:07pm
Where's all the outrage fellas. Magan Gale complaining "she had to" sign some dodgy contract by an employee. It was a contract right - & its the employers right to set the conditions he wants - correct ? Folau has been dragged over the coals for not walking away if he didnt want to agree - yet little miss "prissy" Gale wants to make an issue of it after she pocketed the money. In fact, she had a lot more options than Folau if she didnt like her contract. Just shows what a joke that argument is  ;

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:10pm
So a fashion company should be made to employ a big fat mumma that makes their gear look like crap ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:14pm
Or maybe - just maybe - an employee cannot put something in the contract that is "unreasonable" based on community values. Like not employing a model who has put a bit of weight - or - restricting a religious expression straight from the bible on a private social media page.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:15pm
Sorry, that's not accurate 11.  And after all it is a news.com report.  Dead

No-one FORCES someone to sign a contract.  Suggestions Gale was forced to do so simply doesn't hold water as she clearly had the option to sign or not, and her alleged claim of signing under duress (if indeed true) should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

And irrespective it has no relevance to Izzie as there was clearly no compulsion for him to sign on the dotted line.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:19pm
Thats what she is saying herself . No different to the Folau case. Both signed contracts that they had issue with at the time - & neither walked. However, somehow Folau is portrayed as being a dishonest bum - & Gale a hero.  
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:21pm
& as i said, Folau had a lot fewer employment opportunities than Gale would have - yet she still took the money.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:22pm
I'd be very interested how you would see it ant different SC. I'm all ears !
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:26pm
Then both a farked imo.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:53pm

Where's all the outrage fellas. Magan Gale complaining "she had to" sign some dodgy contract by an employee. It was a contract right - & its the employers right to set the conditions he wants - correct ? Folau has been dragged over the coals for not walking away if he didnt want to agree - yet little miss "prissy" Gale wants to make an issue of it after she pocketed the money. In fact, she had a lot more options than Folau if she didnt like her contract. Just shows what a joke that argument is  ;

I have serious reservations about your powers of comprehension. For your grade 4 English exam question and a Koala bear stamp, what is the critical difference between the breach of contract in the Folau and Gale cases?
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:39pm
Good - your seeing it differently which usually means I am on the right track. There is absolutely no difference. Both employers believed they would “damage” their respective business’s if those contract conditions were not met. So they included them & said “sign on the dotted line”. Both obliged
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:53pm
Just to respond to the personal stuff, I've never wanted to say anything on a racing forum about my academic stuff, unlike a few who show off constantly about whatever. Can't stand pretentious twats, and don't think brains matter. But when your opinion on stuff you know a lot about is rubbished because you're just a teacher, (what does that say about respect for teachers, by the way) it's probably time to speak up.
Now I'll go back to being an anonymous poster and I hope everyone else will let me.

Actually one more thing, sorry. There's also a lot of personal crap flung around by people on here about intelligence problems, such as powers of comprehension/ 4th grade/ koala stamps blah blah. Not to mention dressmakers who use big words and long posts to say simple things. People who do that just show how desperate they are to sound smart. Macca with his pointed one liners shows 10× the brains of anyone trying to sound clever.
My only opinion on this thread topic is I don't know why it's such a big issue, when things like this are happening all the time to non-celebs.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:18pm

So a fashion company should be made to employ a big fat mumma that makes their gear look like crap ?

When she decides to sue them, and begs for cash to do so, then I’ll bag the crap out of her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 102>
  Share Topic