Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Flying Artie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 11:45am
My take as someone who backed him and lost is that he was sweating behind the barriers a bit. He reared and threw Oliver off when the Quarterback went off. He jumped awkwardly and all this as well as freshness made him over race.
I wrote my bet off at the 800 m mark.
Oliver therefore fought and restrained him and in doing so , tucked him in behind runners to try and settle him. This in turn led to him being trapped in behind a wall of runners when the time to go came, as they raced as a pretty tight group with room only down either side. 

Not that he would have had the petrol left to finish off like the winner anyway.
His only unplaced run ever and a page full of excuses but his bubble burst with a bang yesterday.

Perhaps he needed another trial under his belt, hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing, but he did seem too fresh for his own good. 
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 12:21pm
In the Spring on Derby day Flying Artie was he pick of the yard before the the race up on his toes a magnificent type compared to his rivals and in great condition.

Not the same horse in the yard yesterday imho and the rest panned out that way.

Not sure what Mick Price can do to put the pieces back together again he's got a job ahead of him and hope he can work something out.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:12am
Not sure what to make of him. He should have the measure of the other 3yos on his Coolmore win and I'm not worried by the older horses like Spieth. So that makes him the Newmarket winner- simple. The only trouble is I would be basing things only on the Coolmore win. That was a big spike over my general assessment of the horse and generally, taking out the Coolmore run, I wouldn't want him in a Newmarket.

Yeah I know you are rusted on FArtie fans and every run is gold, apart from the Lightning, but that's not how I see him. Is the Coolmore run the real FArtie or was it an aberration?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:20am
Bah- just noticed this is in the Stallions section- it will sink without trace and I'll never find it again.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:43am
Blub blub blub blub.............
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Bah- just noticed this is in the Stallions section- it will sink without trace and I'll never find it again.

No it wont.

It will be easier to find than when or if it was in the racing section.

reductio ad absurdum
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 5:11pm
I have him going for a six figure sum . Come on Tlaz jump aboard , I don't need you pulling his tail up the straight.Only positive vibes please
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:11pm
Go flash go's assessment is spot on. Looked the best in Nov. altho swap his run in the race with astern & Astern wins. I also backed F Artie in the Coolmore. Couldn't have him in the Lightning. Looked like a miler. Also the delay cooked him.
Can't see him improving for the Newmkt. Spieth will.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 9:54am
From a breeding point of view, love Rubiton being there.

Furious how often does Rubiton appear in a good horses page?
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 5:26pm
Averaged $102k for the Magic Millions off a $38.5k fee.

Making money, but this year's fee of $27,500 might not be the bottom?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 6:51pm
Sorry Isaac I've got other problems at the moment and only look in here occasionally.  I love Rubiton as I admired him as a racehorse and of course he's Century/Better Boy line and I love to see that outcross in pedigrees.  But Rubiton who unlike Century's other good son Centaine got to stay in Australia.  He has St Magnus (son of Fair Isle - so the female cross for her brothers Fairway and Pharos) who is also by Sansovino (by Swynford from Gondolette grandam of Selene dam of Hyperion and ancestress of Sir Tristram).  The other key point is Todman.

With quite a few lines now with Noholme in them ie Spirit of Boom it is lovely to find one with Todman.  Then you have all the Hyperion or Sir Tristram lines which should fire well with a mare with this boy in the pedigree.

So while Flying Artie is probably the best recent on you have Playing God now firing at stud and the older boys Danerich and Dash for Cash both having done a good job from lesser mares.  El Roco is another which sired a G1 winner at the weekend.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:20pm
Time will be Flying Arties salvation
Taxidriver View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taxidriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:35pm
Agree Glencoe. They did not look like precocious types and there was a fair bit of Rubiton in some..Probably be better as 3yos.
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:01pm
I really like the way he has been bred...I'm betting he'll get a few nice ones...
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 11:25am
Just bumping this thread as I've chosen Flying Artie for my mare for the upcoming season. More of a match on type than pedigree, and I thought he was really good value this year, especially with a nice buzz around about his two year olds - everyone who has one seems to like them. Anyone have any inside word on how the Flying Arties are travelling?
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 2:15pm
like him as a sire robbo imo matches up well with encosta and exceed and excel mares, (s'pose there's heaps of stallions that do that) crying out for danehill again imo , could reignite some of the danehill / star kingdom fire, considering f'arty  has todman and noholme in the  5th / 6th remove, and with danehill appearing as far back as 5th i feel theirs some potential there, but this isn't about flying Artie  per se is is, love to know who ya mare is , he had some nice types at the sales
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 7:54pm
Just do it. A very wise decision
He will be a better sire than many of the current 2nd & 3rd season sires asking in excess of $20k
I've retired commercially but if my 1 breed to race mare wasn't such a bad traveller she'd be there in a flash
Just dont expect pre-xmas precocity. Look for a spring 3yo
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 2:16am
I’ve got a little slice of one with Will Clarken. She’s a 3/4 sister to Ruban Bleu, mum’s a Fastnet Rock & 4th dam is Rolls. 

It’s a bit hard to tell from this side of the border, but she looks reasonably forward in the vision we’ve seen so far. That might just be the Fastnet bulk, but we think she’s every possible chance to get a start pre-Xmas.... that, or bills for four months of full work LOLLOL
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 12:32am
Anyone who likes F Artie must breed this year. We'll never get in for $10K+ again
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 12:29pm
I picked two cheap ones for the comp this season so must of liked them.  But brain so foggy this year I just can't remember.  I did like his pedigree though as I picked him from the yearling sales.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:18pm
Hi Take 2 - mare is Exciting Dynasty (Excites ex General's Dynasty). As I said, not necessarily a pedigree match but more on type - she is very much in the mould of General Nediym. Danehill comes through Excites/Danewin and while I wouldnb't be scared to replicate Danehill, I take your point re Star Kingdom.

And Glencoe, I agree - the $10K plus GST was tremendous value in my books. He has more named two year olds than Capitalist, if that's any indication.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
An early 2yo winner for Flying Artie at Eagle Farm with the victory of Princess Bojack.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:20pm
Another winning decendant of Eight Carat and carries the Noholme/Todman cross which I love.  Didn't pick her to follow though.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 2:33pm
Bourbon Flyer gets the choccies on debut at Randwick, taking Flying Artie to outright leader on the First Season Sires list by winners with 5. Humming along very nicely, with Artorius flying the flag on Saturday in the Blue Diamond.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 2:38pm
Mick Price, the stallion making king of Vic. Clap
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Hi Take 2 - mare is Exciting Dynasty (Excites ex General's Dynasty). As I said, not necessarily a pedigree match but more on type - she is very much in the mould of General Nediym. Danehill comes through Excites/Danewin and while I wouldn't be scared to replicate Danehill, I take your point re Star Kingdom.

And Glencoe, I agree - the $10K plus GST was tremendous value in my books. He has more named two year olds than Capitalist, if that's any indication.

And Flying Artie sires the Diamond winner.  Clap

Hope your mare's in foal Robbo.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

Anyone who likes F Artie must breed this year. We'll never get in for $10K+ again

Not for a LONG time now LOL
Time is a flat circle
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:40pm
Rapt to see Artie get the Diamond winner 1st up. His win up the straight at Flemington as a 3yo was one of my most memorable wins, and i've seen a lot. It was a Grand Final and he brained them. Have been following them right thru the sales and have picked a few in my notebook.

Well done Glencoe on being so bullish on him too.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Hi Take 2 - mare is Exciting Dynasty (Excites ex General's Dynasty). As I said, not necessarily a pedigree match but more on type - she is very much in the mould of General Nediym. Danehill comes through Excites/Danewin and while I wouldn't be scared to replicate Danehill, I take your point re Star Kingdom.

And Flying Artie sires the Diamond winner.  Clap

Hope your mare's in foal Robbo.

On first cover - due in August. You bloody beauty.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:56pm
Very nice
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>