Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Fifty Stars - WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

B Allen is out until April 12 so he won’t be riding in the Doncaster
Unsure if Jye can ride that low.

That's 5 wins from 5 on rain affected going.

With 50 K, he has to be the top lightweight .. Carried 56.5 today.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:15pm
The mongrel!! I backed the 2nd horse which fought so hard to regain the lead in the shadows Angry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:20pm
"The mongrel"

"The mongrel"

How dare you.

I have reported this to the relevant authority. 🤔
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:22pm
If ever a horse looked like a Flemington Randwick, long straight galloper, then he fits the bill.

With Waller and Lees wanting speed on for their top fancies, and Godolphin in a similar position, it could be a fast run race, which would suit him even more.

It is a top heavy field this year with the higher weighted horses looking the likely dangers so with the 50.5 kilos he is a bet to nothing!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:37pm
Beaten nothing.

B grader.

crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

Beaten nothing.

B grader.

Nice attempt at trolling
This space has been intentionally left blank
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 7:27pm
Near gave me a heart attack on the weekend. Gee he's a good horse. Looked like he wasn't going to get near them a furlong out, then that will to win kicks in and he finds a way to win.
Serious horse IMO. Very under-rated. 

Bound to win a few cups in his career. Becoming one of my favs for sure.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 10:25am
Any thoughts on Fifty Stars in the Craiglee Stakes today?

He's 2 from 2 at Flemington & should be getting fit at 3rd run this prep.

Mystic Journey should be winning this, but I’m considering Fifty Stars as a place bet at big odds.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 10:36am
Hopefully blinkers do the trick.
reductio ad absurdum
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:45pm
Sadly for me he missed a place, but nevertheless a satisfactory run for 6th yesterday in the Craiglee.

I believe connections are headed to Sydney with him for the Epsom Hcp. Should be better suited back to handicap level but I still hope we get to see him at 2000m this campaign.

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:55pm
The jockey agrees.

Ben Allen – Fifty Stars (6th): “He stumbled coming out of the gates so I was that little bit further back than I wanted to be. I’d like to see him back into a handicap with a bit of weight relief.”
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
If this bloke was trained by John Gosden he be an Arc chance.

Here, he is still to see beyond a mile.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:48am
I agree djebel, Turnbull, Caulfield and MacKinnon Stakes should all be on his radar, as well as the Caulfield Cup.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 10:17am
“I will let the dust settle my thought process was (to head to the) Turnbull Stakes straight into the Cox Plate but there is the option there to diversify and put another run in there if I feel like we need it.”

Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 9:49am
Whilst I’d prefer him at 2000m at this stage of his prep (geez, the Hill Stakes would have been perfect), the very wet weather in Sydney & deteriorating track conditions must bring him into being a live chance in the Epsom Hcp.

Currently around 33/1, he’s worth a gold coin each way.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 10:24am
Will need a row boat by the time the Epsom is run
EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:17pm
Hopefully they keep him in Sydney and go to the Craven Plate next, get him out over a distance more suited to his breeding.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:20pm
Needs to getting 2000m like he should’ve two campaigns ago
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 10:59am
It is extraordinary that this horse has yet to be tried beyond a mile with his pedigree and also that today will be his fourth consecutive start over a mile, surely the MacKinnon and/or the Zipping Classic should have been his ultimate aims this prep with a view towards the Australian Cup, Rawson, Tancred and Queen Elizabeth in the autumn. Instead he'll probably be aimed at the Doncaster again and perhaps run 9th or something.

Djebel is right, he will be wasted here.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:38am
I’ve given up following him.
Money muncher over a mile
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:53am
3 week "freshen up" on he favourite track and the wet conditions. I think he is a reasonable chance in this handicap.

But it is utterly ridiculous the way he has been campaigned.

They show speed and that is the end of them.
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 12:35pm
Has Hayes even had a winner with an ex Weir prepped horse? Amphitrite's lost a leg Ouch
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 12:42pm
Top liners, not this Spring.

This horse won the Ajax in the Autumn
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:21pm
He was the moral winner of that race. Fancy having to give weight to a previous "group 1" winner.
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:23pm
But Greg Carpenter is the best handicapper in the country djebel
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
Very brave, but didn't quite get the 1600m today.  Wink
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:26pm
Back him up in the Mackinnon and if it’s wet he will win
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 7:24pm
I agree X.

He is probably a handicapper, but you do not get many group 1, 2000m races at Flemington.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 7:27pm
Stop it you two. Confused

I'm trying to incite djebel.  Tongue
Lopartega View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 7:30pm
If you just looked at his pedigree and had no idea what his form looked like you wouldn't be surprised if someone told you that he was at his best over 3200mts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>