Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Fifty Stars - WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 23>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
Hayes gone with the lugging bit on Fifty Stars after less than a week.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:23pm
Jockey says he will be at his best 2000m and up.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

This jockey just won djebels heart...
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:58pm
Back him up in the Lightning and get him rolling from the 800.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Unfortunate that connections didn’t bother nominating for the Australian Cup.   He’s nommed for the All Star Mile but unlikely to get a start there.

Not sure what they pick out for him next, St George Stks 1800m G2 WFA maybe?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 6:22pm
"He's crying out for further."

Ben Allen

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 8:03pm
If they're being realistic, Ranvet and Tancred have to be on the radar? Perhaps Doomben, Eagle Farm and Brisbane Cups?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 9:45pm

Fifty Stars (IRE) Rider Ben Allen reported his mount would be better suited over a longer distance. Post-race endoscopy detected a degree of mucus that may have affected the horses racing performance. A veterinary clearance is required prior to racing again.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:59pm
Nominated for the Doncaster and Queen Elizabeth, he is in the All Star Mile but not the Australian Cup, guess they'll target the Doncaster if he can't get a start in the All Star?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
Good win. Just tries
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:20pm
And just helps the sugar train carry on! The times I do have racing.com tv? U can't listen to these dribblers from Lindsey park carry on ! That includes macavoy . What did he tell everyone? How the market has got it so wrong with Manual? Really tony?? What do you say now?? Come up with a sugar coated excuse? You were trained up by the best
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:28pm
Hope you had a bit of that quinella djebel!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:30pm
Backed em both and took em in a trifecta. Why quinellas are never on my radar I will never know. 😥
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:35pm
Never mind, the Trifecta only paid $3k odd.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:36pm
Wicked turn of foot over a mile but looked like he switched off a bit after hitting the front very early. Think he’ll be competitive in better races. Shame about this Logies race coming up, would like to see him in the Oz Cup.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:48pm
I see he’s missed out on a wild card into the All Star Mile, so I assume he’ll head to Sydney for the carnival.

He’s a long way down the ballot order for the Doncaster Hcp at the moment - 85th in the order of entry! Can he get re-handicapped after his Blamey Stks win?

Or does he need to win a lead up in Sydney, like an Ajax Stks?

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:20pm
It was mentioned on the racing.com Sunday morning show that potentially Furrion and Fifty Stars could be having short autumn preps with a focus on bigger races in the Spring
Wouldn’t surprise to see them head to the paddock.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:23pm
Wasted if they are.

Dean Lester who has something to do with the owner of Fifty Stars has suggested the Doncaster is on the radar.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 12:31am
He was up to 1600 for the first time and At Flemington , BUT the previous Caulfield 1400 was an obvious Barrier Trial, He did little.    The betting verified improvement was coming .
Stewards reported at Caulfield , he had excessive mucus in his mouth on pulling up. Amazing the betting ring knew about the "mucus" before the race,

I would have been asking Questions .
       ( I didn't bet on Vic on Saturday with the heatwave )
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 6:26am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Wasted if they are.

Dean Lester who has something to do with the owner of Fifty Stars has suggested the Doncaster is on the radar.

I was thinking after the race I hope they don't see this as evidence he is a miler, it was hardly a field of milers.

It's a pity the program has the Rawson and Tancred a week apart as that would be a logical short term target one would think?

I wonder if they could get him to a Brisbane Cup?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:13am
Apparently he is only having a short atumn campaign.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:24am
Cox Plate?

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 3:08pm
The thing about this year is the autumn carnival finishes at the end of April so that might influence some from going to Sydney and having a full autumn as it would affect the early part of their spring!

For what it is worth, if you are having doubts about setting a miler for the Doncaster forget about it, because this year with the 3yo's and older horses like Happy Clapper, Hartnell, Land Of Plenty, Le Romain and Alizee, this will be a cracking edition of the race, so you need to be undeviating, in your will to set the horse for the Doncaster.

Potential field.

1.Happy Clapper
2.Hartnell
3.Le Romain
4.Land Of Plenty
5.Unforgotten
6.Alizee
7.Furrion
8.Manuel
9.Tom Melbourne
10.Violate
11.Dreamforce
12.The Autumn Sun
13.Amphitrite
14.Hawkshot
15.Ringerdingding
16.Fundamentalist
17.Shillelagh

That is a top notch field with 10 group 1 winners and 4 group 1 placegetters from the 17 runners.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 3:25pm
For the Winx Knockers :-

I note 2 of her victims are at the top of the Doncaster field again.

Both ran Cracker lead ups Saturday .
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:10pm
Will run in the Ajax in Sydney this Sat
Jye McNeil booked to ride
Formerly Kincsem View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Kincsem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

For the Winx Knockers :-

I note 2 of her victims are at the top of the Doncaster field again.

Both ran Cracker lead ups Saturday .

"Winx Knockers"? I thought they were mythical, like leprechauns.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

f**king idiots.
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 9:21pm
McNeil suspended in Adelaide today.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

McNeil suspended in Adelaide today.

Starts midnight Sat.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

f**king idiots.

Is that comment in regards to the race he’s entered for? Or the jockey booking?

It would have been interesting to see him in the G3 Sky High Stakes over 2000m (which interestingly has much higher prizemoney than the G2 Ajax)

But connections must be intent on getting a start in the Doncaster, via the Ajax offering ballot exemption.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 23>