Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Extra Zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:46pm
What a grand old campaigner !  What a win !  
animals before people.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:48pm
Win of the day
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 3:12pm
Not retired
Will keep racing whilst in good form
2000m race at Flemington in July
Proud owner of many horses, both thoroughbreds and standardbreds. Love my racing
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 3:20pm
I am staggered they are not sending him jumping.

He has the perfect Australian racing profile for a jumper.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 3:23pm
Went jumping last year, but doesn't like wet tracks apparently.

JUMPS RECORD  4: 1-2-0

PosDateTrackDistClassRatingRating Type
6th of 624-Jul-2016BDGO Heavy3600B DRECHSLER HDL116VIC Rating
2nd of 526-Jun-2016PAKS Heavy3500MJ BOURKE116VIC Rating
1st of 516-Jun-2016BRAT Heavy3200BM120 HDLE116VIC Rating
2nd of 703-May-2016WNBL Heavy3200MDN HDLE-SW112VIC Rating
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 3:25pm
Thanks. 

reductio ad absurdum

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 3:19am
Surely this is easier than his comfortable last start win? 

Fav is a non-winner, 2nd fav is unplaced on a good track, 3rd fav is a non-winner. 

... $19/$4.80 taken, and we will top and bottom the race for the quinella (1 & 13), and rove those two in exotics.
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 9:24am
Dear old Extra Zero looks like theyvé straightened him out again somewhat showing very good management again ...

Mooney Valley is a very good track for him, run a few very good 2nds there .... as is

Flemington, run a few good 2nds there .... as is 

Caulfield run a few good 2nds there .... as is

Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 11:20am
Has he ever won two in a row?
I'll back him to run 2nd again
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 11:53am
DH said save your money until race 102 at Flem
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 11:59am
He will run well ... but that's like predicting the sun will rise!Wink
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:44pm
4thUnhappy ... next time at Flemington!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:05pm
I thought he was to be retired after that good win he had ??  Getting their money,s worth out of him, arnt they !!   11 y. o. soon .
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I thought he was to be retired after that good win he had ??  Getting their money,s worth out of him, arnt they !!   11 y. o. soon .

Owner was 50/50 on retirement.
D Hayes said that he is the best he has been for a long while, so will be keeping him going until he shows he has had enough.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:54am
I suppose they can always send him jumping Disapprove
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:14am
He went jumping last year, but I remember hearing them say they probably won't jump him again as he doesn't like wet tracks
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:50am
If the horse is happy he can go until retirement age.

reductio ad absurdum

mikey View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:49pm
Why would an owner consider putting a horse like Extra Zero over the jumps when the horse has been good to them? Surely racehorse owners are not that desperate for cash?

Imagine seeing a horse that has won north of $1.5 million for his owners breaking his leg & being euthanized racing over the jumps. Seriously, you would have to be an idiot imho.

He has earnt a nice green paddock with apples & carrots when he has had enough.
The Stallion View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:05pm
If he is enjoying his racing and is happy enough, nothing wrong with racing him on the flat. If he loses his zest and they continue to race him, that is when I have an issue with the owners.
That's the smell of victory, you can't wash that out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic