Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Extra Zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 2:47pm
Although he's one of my favourite horses going around at the moment, I fortunately avoided him today too. The heavy track and also the 3500m worried me too. Seems like a horse who should be kept to 3200m hurdle races. Still ran bravely today though, good on you EZClap
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 2:43pm
Such a tough horse, just doesn't know how to put a poor one in
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:14pm
Should be out to his pet distance next time ... might run a place again!Tongue

Glad he did today - I recovered a big chunk of recent losses with a nice piece of the F4 - having a winning year!!!LOL
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:54pm
I watched the replay and kept an eye only on him in the run.. you can see him flatten his ears on the turn. He really puts in.. the way he finished off you'd wanna keep him fresh and around 1800m. He really does love Flemington
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 2:57pm
Happy 21st old boy. 21st second today
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 3:02pm
What a great horse. 95 starts and still competitive!  Clap 
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 2:39pm
E/w odds again today, place bet looks good
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 2:54pm
What a tough old bugger he is. $5 for him running second
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 2:57pm
Such a bizarre race record - runner up for the 22nd time in 96 starts!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 3:01pm
For a horse that's only won 6 races, he has a huge amount of prizemoney

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 3:47pm
The handicappers have never been his friend! ... he has always been classy, but just off the best as a 3yo and pays for his consistency.

He has simply never had a run of outs, so he never drops his rating ... love to have a stable full just like him!
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 3:54pm
Bit like the Coalition I'd suggest Doc.

Has performed well in strong company but despite trying hard is continually hampered by both dead weight and lack of initiative from the pilot.  Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
LOL

Sorry, but I have to disagree SC (you knew I would) ... if you watch the race, the "pilot" followed the "favourite" the whole race - it was very much a "populist" ride! ... you could be right about the Libs, may be held back by the dead weight but always finish in the top 2 ... they might even run 2nd at the "Championships" in 2019, behind that promising but precocious filly "Pauline"! ... don't see anything else that is likely to nominate for that "race", that has any winning form, or any upside (the jockey they have on the current favourite is a dead weight himself, and is odds on to butcher their chances once again!) ...Tongue 

Extra Zero for PM!Thumbs Up
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 4:51pm
Tongue
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:45pm
100th start this weekend
This space has been intentionally left blank
Balciano View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:01am
What a grand old horse.

Was watching a replay the other night of of Starspangledbanners Caulfield Guineas win on Racing.com and there, between Manhattan Rain (3rd) and So You Think (5th) is Extra Zero. Reckon he went on to run 2nd in the Derby that Spring as well.

Amazing to see him still going around.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:04am
If the rain misses Flemington, bet up!Thumbs Up
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:27am
First start was April 11 2009
Remarkable achievement for all involved

Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:58am
Will be retired win lose or draw tomorrow
Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:40am
Thank God !
animals before people.
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:16pm
100th run
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

100th run

Yep. Was posted yesterday
Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Will be retired win lose or draw tomorrow

Is that official? I'll throw some money on him to WIN. Thought he might win last start and was thinking of putting a bit on him, but luckily let head rule over heart. If it's his last start tomorrow I'll gladly lose some money on a good horse.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:13pm
What a bloody legend
I love this horse
Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:15pm
Bloody champion!! Had $50 win only and going for 80% of quaddie now!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:18pm
Great win to run the leaders down from behind.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:18pm
They will sit down in the next few days to discuss his future, likely he will go out on a high though
Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:20pm
That would be an awesome way to go out! Just had 2 wins on 2 of the most honest horses in oz - EZ and Burning Front
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:21pm
Took the $41 this morning. Silly price when you knew stable would ge looking for a ripping run at his 100th start, over his fav track and distance.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:27pm
Price was a gift, knew he'd been set for this race as number 100

Figured he'd run well but didn't expect him to fly like that
Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic