Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Extra Zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extra Zero
    Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 5:50pm

The extra week for the Oz Cup has worked perfectly for Extra Zero.....now 2 weeks since his win the the 3yo Autumn Classic.

No weight..perfect break...loves Flemington....2nd in VRC Derby.....and you can still get $12 fixed..even after shocking scratching x 2!!! (what a joke that is btw!!)

If theres a bit of pace on..he will get home hard....still remember his 2yo win over 1400 metres at Flemington on Anzac Day  settled back..flew home....beat a little horse called Set for Fame by 4.5lengths....running away..

Biggest danger...how they have prepared that bloody track....if they dish up the same crap as last week it becomes a lottery! Lets hope they have learned from the mistakes of last week.Wink
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 6:38pm
Hope your're right l like his chances too Romano. Think that  Flemington is a big plus for him.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 5:53pm
Noticed that Extra Zero won his 1st hurdle trial at Cranbourne this morning.

Interesting to see if he progresses to a jumping career or if this is just a sharpen up.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:28pm
Geez, he misses running a place once, and he's banished to the up and overs ... harsh!Ouch

I think his form has been a little down, but not far off, suspect it's the sharpen up. Hope so anyway.

Doesn't like wet tracks, so I wouldn't think he would be too well suited to the 'bool in winter anyway.
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:13pm
Hayes had a winner at Oakbank last week (Auld Burns) so wouldn't surprise to see him over the hurdles before the tracks get too wet.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:05pm
A serviceable effort at his 1st hurdle start.

But gee he loves running 2nd! His 19th runners u cheque!!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:21pm
Don't think he appreciated that ground. Will appreciate back on top of the ground next time.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:32pm
Hayes said he jumped flawlessly but didn't appreciate the ground
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Geez, he misses running a place once, and he's banished to the up and overs ... harsh!Ouch

I think his form has been a little down, but not far off, suspect it's the sharpen up. Hope so anyway.

Doesn't like wet tracks, so I wouldn't think he would be too well suited to the 'bool in winter anyway.

Don't see his chances improving unless we have some sort of global warming event!Ouch

I've had a nice result with Parragi on a wet track previously - he just ploughs through it.
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 12:22pm
Is Hayes trying to kill this horse?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 12:37pm
$1.6 million in prizemoney
Started racing at 2. Nearly 10

Shame on David Hayes

Won't stop until this horse dies on a track

David ,do you know what RETIREMENT is?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 12:47pm
Gotta ring that last dollar out of him .
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 12:50pm
Do you guys support Jumps racing ?
STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:00pm
Great to see Extra Zero back in the winner circle.  Clap

Hope the stable doesn't try to rush him into the top line jumps races too soon. A nice easy hurdle in Adelaide would be a suitable race to target for his next race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Do you guys support Jumps racing ?

Not particularly. Jumps racing is responsible for the death of many defenceless horses. The whole industry needs a clean out from top to bottom. They can start by getting rid of the jumps
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by deejays destiny deejays destiny wrote:

Shame on David Hayes

Does David own him?
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:18pm
Managing owner D A Hayes

EXTRA ZERO

9yo Bay Gelding
D.O.B: 25-Aug-2006
by DANZERO  from EXTRA BUBBLY
5x Pedigree Report

StatusActive
Owner’s Details (updated nightly)Mr D A Hayes, Extra One, Extra Two, Extra Three
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by deejays destiny deejays destiny wrote:

Shame on David Hayes

Does David own him?

Owner’s Details (updated nightly)Mr D A Hayes, Extra One, Extra Two, Extra Three
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:25pm
Thanks Dizzy, I think that's makes my point Thumbs Up
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:32pm
Great shoulder on this horse,hope I don't upset people by saying this, I think he will make an absolute pearler of a fencer ,ground conditions only drawback.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:57pm
deejays destiny at least admits to not liking jumps racing. 

If people do support jumps racing than it should not matter what a horse has achieved on the flat, if the owners want to send it jumping that should not offend you or your sensitivities. 

Its the height of hypocrisy to suggest good horses should not go jumping if you support jumps racing.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:58pm
I dont support jumps racing .
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 2:02pm
Well done Champ! ... love to see what he can do if he gets a decent surface.

I'm happy to defer to David Hayes' judgement about this horse's management ... different story if it was with Gai - probably would have been retired as a 4 yo if she had him anyway!

Love the jumps racing - wish they had it in Sydney - great spectacle, plus it saves nearly as many horses from the Echuca Sales as Gay and her group of legends doThumbs Up  

I reckon it could work in Sydney too ... you could have a couple of out of town jumps centres, and with the success of the Highway series, trainers with horses eligible for those races would have options for their older horses as well ... great for the provincial industry, just as it is in Vic.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 6:08pm

Someone could have a bit of fun here Wink  Extra Zero is a tough old guy but reckon he's shown signs of not being right.

Was hoping they'd retire him after the Easter Cup, perhaps they think he can withstand the easier tempo of jumps, perhaps Ermm
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 6:18pm
If the horse is happy and well, then power to him and the stable. He clearly enjoys it!
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 7:03pm
Funny story about this horse... but not that funny... I was at the races a couple years ago.. Extra Zero ran a slashing 2nd in the Australian Cup.. beaten a nose by its stablemate. It was at odds of about 30/1 or greater? Not expected to do well.. of course. Up till then it was a good front runner over about 1600m

So I'm standing in the taxi ranks about ready to haul ass from the races. There's this irate guy on a phone to his mate. He's in a suit and he's basically saying this 'mate... im F'kn filthy... my horse just got nutted in the Australian Cup.. I could F'kn kill someone right now' 

Meanwhile I'm behind him thinking... mate your horse just ran 2nd in a Group 1.. and earnt you probably 120k for running 2nd...  & I cant get a damn winner at Gawler... and you're livid... 

totally lose respect for someone.. not that I did respect him prior (whoever he was / is)

If the horse is happy & can jump ... then jump it... clearly this guy was needing the money  (well dressed... racing a horse with Hayes)

#strugglestreet 
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 9:09pm
He was 100-1 and second again (note he's run 19 seconds) wouldn't begrudge him being a little emotional on raceday it does tend to happen - two sides of the same coin.

And he was happy and well during that preparation last year just in great condition. Hope for sure you are both right and he is  only showing a harmless quirk under pressure nowdays - only Hayes knows that for sure, perhaps.

(in again tomorrow) 

Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by troppo75 troppo75 wrote:

Funny story about this horse... but not that funny... I was at the races a couple years ago.. Extra Zero ran a slashing 2nd in the Australian Cup.. beaten a nose by its stablemate. It was at odds of about 30/1 or greater? Not expected to do well.. of course. Up till then it was a good front runner over about 1600m

So I'm standing in the taxi ranks about ready to haul ass from the races. There's this irate guy on a phone to his mate. He's in a suit and he's basically saying this 'mate... im F'kn filthy... my horse just got nutted in the Australian Cup.. I could F'kn kill someone right now' 

Meanwhile I'm behind him thinking... mate your horse just ran 2nd in a Group 1.. and earnt you probably 120k for running 2nd...  & I cant get a damn winner at Gawler... and you're livid... 

totally lose respect for someone.. not that I did respect him prior (whoever he was / is)

If the horse is happy & can jump ... then jump it... clearly this guy was needing the money  (well dressed... racing a horse with Hayes)

#strugglestreet 

O'Brien/ Kav Barrister has a share in him . He is loud but harmless , might have been him
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 2:14pm
Who would want to back Extra Zero at $1.65???? Not me.
Far to many 2nd placings and wet track a concern.
Proud owner of many horses, both thoroughbreds and standardbreds. Love my racing
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 2:19pm
Definite risk ..re track
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic