Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Explosive Witness sold to Hong Kong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Explosive Witness sold to Hong Kong
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:03pm
Looked a serious 2yo when it won on debut at Moonee Valley earlier this year. Has unfortunately been sold to Hong Kong and will race over there.

Only a 2yo so no name that I can find as yet. Will be interesting to follow his career.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:17pm
Still in Australia at the moment, so won't be racing for a little while yet.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:17pm
Greg Eurell's family was in the gelding, so presumably the offer exceeded their own expectations of what he might achieve here.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:20pm
From what I've heard, it had 6 zeroes.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:23pm
Not sure it indicates anything about a limit on his potential. I'm told it was a 7 figure deal - for hardened participants like Eurell, and when you own something like half the horse (only 2 owners), and on top of all that it's a gelding, I am not surprised they sold for a million bucks.

It's when you own 10% and it's a colt that you turn your nose up at most offers because it whittles down to a less than life-changing amount.
Sunline...simply supreme
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:54pm
Katsuro gone too. Has been in the works since April
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Not sure it indicates anything about a limit on his potential. I'm told it was a 7 figure deal - for hardened participants like Eurell, and when you own something like half the horse (only 2 owners), and on top of all that it's a gelding, I am not surprised they sold for a million bucks.

It's when you own 10% and it's a colt that you turn your nose up at most offers because it whittles down to a less than life-changing amount.
It's probably always the right move to sell once the price is right.

Remember when Moraitis knocked back 5 million for Binding? LOL 
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:05pm
Yeah I do. I was one that thought he was a star.
Sunline...simply supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic