Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

ENABLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ENABLE
    Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:21pm
The run of top fillies around the world continues with Enable storming home to a decisive victory last night in England. She thrashed the older horses with the likes of Highland Reel miles in her wake. Admittedly the ground was rain affected after a storm, putting paid to Highland Reel's chances, but he probably would have struggled to match the filly in any conditions. Enable actually over raced for the first half of the King George and still surged clear.

Not yet entered for the Arc but that seems a formality given she's the raging favourite and still improving. Second favourite Almanzor hasn't even raced this season let alone at a mile and a half, while third favourite 3yo Brametot is also yet to race beyond 2100m. Enable could jump off the shortest priced favourite for many years. Currently around 2/1 at best and that looks most generous.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:26pm
Nathaniel (IRL)
Galileo (IRL)
Sadler's Wells (USA)
Northern Dancer (CAN)
Fairy Bridge (USA)
Urban Sea (USA)
Miswaki (USA)
Allegretta (GB)
Silver Hawk (USA)
Roberto (USA)
Gris Vitesse (USA)
Mia Karina (USA)
Icecapade (USA)
Basin (USA)
Concentric (GB)
Sadler's Wells (USA)
Northern Dancer (CAN)
Nearctic (CAN)
Natalma (USA)
Fairy Bridge (USA)
Bold Reason (USA)
Special (USA)
Apogee (GB)
Mill Reef (USA)
Hardiemma (GB)
Bourbon Girl (GB)
Ile de Bourbon (USA)
Fleet Girl (IRL)
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:38pm
Enable will likely finish the year as the highest rated turf runner and she only has two more runs up her sleeve, The Yorkshire Oaks and The Arc.

She is a monster on any surface.
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 12:43pm
Interesting 3m x 2f of Sadler's & love the Lalun triple Big smile neither will do her any harm in the staying department! Thanks for posting.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 6:27pm
She certainly jacked off some hobbits LOL
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 7:59pm
Very nice play on words Andi.  

ps Gay wants you to run a couple of major Spring Comps, such as the Gp1 comp.  So get yourself bl00dy organised fella.  Smile
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 8:11pm
It was wasn't it LOL
I have no less than 3 forums wanting me to run Spring Comps..that is what happens when one runs them so professionally eh Wink

Horatio AndiCap
(also a play on words)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 12:59am
I like the fact she's by Nathaniel and is owned by Khalid Abdulla who owns Frankel. Those two stallions faced off first start and now the owner has another great horse by the runner up.   
Greetings Horatio. I don't know the Wheelers so you're safe here.    
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 4:44pm

Cracksman the new Arc favourite with Enable ruled out until at least August

By Graham Dench

Cracksman is the new favourite for the Qatar Prix De l'Arc de Triomphe following the news that his stablemate Enable has met with a slight setback and is likely to be out of action until August at the earliest.

Last season's runaway Champion Stakes winner, who was an easy winner of the Prix Ganay on his recent return to action, is trading at around 5-2 and 11-4 for Longchamp, having been widely available at 7-2 on Monday morning.

On the other hand Enable, whom connections still hope will be fit to bid for a second Arc on October 7 could on Monday be backed at as big as 5-1 with William Hill, having been 3-1 favourite in their list when news of the setback broke late in the morning.

Nicola McGeady of Ladbrokes, who have cut Cracksman to evens (from 5-4) for Royal Ascot's Prince of Wales's Stakes, said: "The hopes are that Enable will be back and fighting fit for the Arc, but the setback was enough to spark a flurry of bets on Cracksman coming out on top and he is now our market leader for the race."

Elaborating on the brief statement with which the news was broken on Monday morning, Teddy Grimthorpe, racing manager to owner Khalid Abdullah, said: "Enable has some filling in a knee and we are going to investigate it and then treat it or deal with it as advised.

"If it was a minor knock we might be saying that while she might not make the Coronation Cup she could still be back later in June, but with this we're going to allow plenty of time for it to hopefully settle down and then aim to get her rolling in August.

"The advice we have is that, given reasonable circumstances, she should be ready to run then as a preparation for the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe."

He added: "She'd been doing fantastically well and we were looking forward to her beginning proper work this week. It was literally on Friday, when she just did a swinging canter on the Al Bahathri."

The Arc has always been the principal aim as a four-year-old for the John Gosden-trained filly, who carried all before her as a three-year-old when rattling up successive top-level wins in the Oaks, Irish Oaks, King George and Yorkshire Oaks before crowning a magnificent campaign with a highly impressive defeat of Cloth Of Stars at Chantilly.

Enable had already been held up by cold weather prior to this latest setback, but connections had been hopeful she might have returned to the track in either the Tattersalls Gold Cup at the Curragh or the Investec Coronation Cup at Epsom on June 1.

The Darley Yorkshire Oaks, which Enable won last year by five lengths, or the Juddmonte International, would be an obvious starting point for her if she recovers as anticipated.

Grimthorpe confirmed: "We would obviously hope she would get to York, but I don't want to be nominating targets at this stage and that's why I've simply said August for now. She'll tell us long before that if she's going to be ready or not, and we'll keep everybody up to date when we know."

He added: "Prince Khalid has had to deal with quite a lot of bad news over the years and he takes it stoically."

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 7:59pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 12:22am
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 12:28pm
Entered at Kempton in the G3 September Stakes to face four other entries including Crystal Ocean who ran second in the G1 King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Royal Ascot.
Morston View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

Entered at Kempton in the G3 September Stakes to face four other entries including Crystal Ocean who ran second in the G1 King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Royal Ascot.
well she’s back!

That was pretty good
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:48am
Enterprising ride, made sure it was no tactical nightmare.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:51am
Watching the replay on the big screen she was allowed to get away with a tactical affair. 🤔
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 2:23am
 Tactics had nought to do with the result. She always races on the speed and simply outclassed the second horse. Way too good and she's definitely on target at this stage for the Arc. 

Edited by Gay3 - 11 Sep 2018 at 9:54am
carche View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 11:11am
She's back. That was a decisive win over the brilliantly inform Crystal Ocean. Minus a pacemaker and without feeling the whip, she won by over three lengths. On target to defend her Arc crown.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 12:46pm
I'll leave it up to others to make up there own minds.

Of course John Gosden agrees with me.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:35pm
Again, I will leave it up to others to interpret Mr Gosdens comments.

My interpretation - 

He says in an interview with Racing UK that David Probert showed a lot of class in not jumping on us 6 furlongs from home and both horses had nice trials for the Arc. 

John Gosden was absolutely grateful a fully fit horse did not force the issue and make a proper 12 furlong race of it. 

3rd video in the article - 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:45pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:48pm
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:11pm
Thanks Djebel, sanity, common sense and an admission from Gosden prevail.

Thankfully the person who attempted to demean your earlier comments, which have since been so clearly validated, has taken leave to pursue other interests.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 1:46am
And now personal opinion comments are fact? I don't care if it comes from press or two self serving forum posters.  Your comments are nothing but puerile personal attacks Second Chance. They validate nothing and serve nobody but yourself. 

Let's actually withdraw all opinion and refer to facts only. The second horse has had five runs this campaign. Every start he trailed the leader. Every start he has made his move at the two furlong pole. He tried the same "tactic" on Saturday and was beaten. In ten previous starts Crystal Ocean had NEVER raced from the front. Why would he be well served doing so on Saturday? He doesn't sprint much further than 375m so why would he take on the leader further out? The last time he took up the running too early he was grabbed on the line in the King George. 

In most of Enable's previous runs she'd made her move just under 600m from home. She has more than once taken up the lead around 500m out and raced clear. Two starts back she had led all the way. Except her first race start she has always been outside or behind the leaders. She has a much longer sustained sprint than Crystal Ocean and is undoubtedly a stronger and classier stayer.

Which horse was expected to lead pre race on Saturday? Which horse has proven it can sprint further than 400m at the end of the race? 

As I've said before John Gosden is the supreme diplomat. He and Michael Stoute are good friends. Both are highly intelligent horsemen and know each others form backwards. They both knew how the race was going to pan out. Nether was there to send their horse out for a gut busting run. Neither was likely to break tactics just to try and beat the other. 

The opinions posted above are not and never have been supported by fact. They are nothing but another's opinion combined with the self serving interpretation of a gentleman's post race comments. Cut and paste of opinion is not validation, it's meaningless self gratification. 

I'll return to my holiday. It's a lot more fun than this ill conceived discussion. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:23pm
Top racing in Europe last night and tonight. I didn't see anything to rival Enable as she marches towards a second Arc. Entries for the trials in France tonight aren't terribly auspicious either. Lah Ti Dar was a good second to Kew Gardens in the English St Leger but I can't see either being a serious threat at Longchamp. Lah Ti Dah displayed a lack of experience and will be a lot better next year if kept in training. 
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:08am

O'Brien and Moore faced a mad dash to Leopardstown following their Classic victory, with Saxon Warrior finishing a narrow second for the pair in the Qipco Irish Champion Stakes.

The trainer admitted there had not been much time to reflect on Kew Gardens' win immediately after the race.

He added: "I was watching it on the big screen and there was a lot happening, we had to get out of there very quickly!

"We didn't get a chance to look at any replays.

"We got a helicopter from Doncaster to Doncaster airport, then a plane from Doncaster airport to Dublin and a helicopter from Dublin to Leopardstown."

Seriously, this kind of stuff sounds theatrical and out of movies but i hope it doesn't end in disaster.

Not quite the travel Echuca to Flemington...

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 2:27am
Enable goes back-to-back in the 6 million Euro Group 1 Arc De Triomphe at 2400 metres WFA. Enable is the best 2400m horse in the world. Great effort to win the Arc because she was only 2nd-up after a long spell out due to injury. She is a champion.
#backtoback2017and2018
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 2:30am
Dazzler and Waller should do a 4 year apprenticeship under John Gosden.

Incredible trainer.
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Dazzler and Waller should do a 4 year apprenticeship under John Gosden.

Incredible trainer.

I agree - great trainer.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:14am
I see Gosden said she was only 85% fit so my summation is that she's a brilliant mare who was able to overcome this, rather than the trainer being any great genius Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:00pm
Yep the mares are ruling the world at the moment.  Are any of the overseas runners for the Cup mares?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>