Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Egg Tart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by VPI VPI wrote:

Looks like going to Qld Oaks.

3rd of June.

That means they will look for a run somewhere in between.

I do not like this.

reductio ad absurdum
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by VPI VPI wrote:

Looks like going to Qld Oaks.

3rd of June.

That means they will look for a run somewhere in between.

I do not like this.

No run before the QLD Oaks is the plan Djebel.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:56pm
Yeah Waller said most likely to go straight to the Oaks.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:58pm
Interesting.

Thanks peoples.

reductio ad absurdum
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:55pm
I don't know as much as most here, but I've been foĺlowing this one with interest and Waller has obviously rated it and prepared it for big things later on. Could be very good.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

The form out of these races in the past does not really stand up... lets see how they do with a spring prep but I personally think they are one rung below the best.

Spot on
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 6:06pm
The Tart!Beer
@value_punter
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 6:28pm
Shocking. Ride on Kenedna
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 9:47pm
She did it again! What a fail, hey. She has a wicked turn of foot.

Off for a well earned spell now and will be set for the Epsom.  That Oaks win and then set for the Epsom...look/sound familiar? Wink
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 9:48pm
What a filly, not what a fail!
Sunline...simply supreme
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:00pm
Your on the money there Sunline, she is special, either way, clock or anti just puts in, she is not overburdened with size but a big motor, Private Steer was very similar if you are thinking Epsom.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:03pm
Carioca, you're right about Private Steer, I didn't think of her, although she was Stradbroke and then won the Doncaster nearly a year later.

I was thinking of her stablemate, Winx Tongue.
Sunline...simply supreme
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:08pm
Oh please, you simply cannot compare her to the great mare.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Carioca, you're right about Private Steer, I didn't think of her, although she was Stradbroke and then won the Doncaster nearly a year later.

I was thinking of her stablemate, Winx Tongue.

Had one of my biggest bets ever on Private Steer in the straddy , thought she was a weighted certainty 48 kg if my memory is right g boss, fwiw.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:38pm
Crazy good and an amazing prep. Raced and won in the wet in NSW, won on the wet  in Melbourne and now G1 wins on the dry Adelaide and Brissy. How many 3 year olds win in 4 states in the 1 prep, on all surfaces and from 1300 to 2200?? 
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:18pm
C L A S S. 

Turn of hoof will win her plenty more you'd think although open company is a new test.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

At similar stages, why not
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

At similar stages, why not

Got a point there Shrunk in the Wash, the improvent in Winx from 3 yrs to 4 was immense
and there is no reason Lightning can't strike twice, she's a classy gal.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:49pm
You are kidding yourself if you think Egg Tart will win the next two Cox Plates
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:53pm

You are kidding yourself if you think Egg Tart will win the next two Cox Plates

Shawy38 , if you read my post you would see there was no mention of Cox plate , just an improvent comparable in maturity not ability.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:04am
Shawy you're getting a bit carried away yourself.

I simply asked if her barnstorming QLD Oaks win at Doomben, followed by confirmation she targets the Epsom in the spring, reminds you of anyone - that being her stablemate Winx, who at this point in her career produced a barnstorming QLD Oaks win at Doomben and was then set for the Epsom in the spring.

Not really that alarming to draw a positive line through them at this stage is it? We both know Egg Tart, as good as she is, is 100,000,000/1 to go on to achieve anything like what Winx has.
Sunline...simply supreme
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:33am
Remember these exact same conversations about Winx after her Oaks win......still find comparing horses weird. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:40am
I must say sunline, if we go back to Winx early 3 yo days first seal had the drop on her,
one as the season progressed improved her own body weight, the other due to niggling problems never improved although John Thompson right up to her last run thought she could win, there is no reason Egg Tart with natural improvement couldn't win an Epsom as a mature and much more seasoned 4 yo mare providing she stays sound.imo
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:07am

Have we seen the next Winx with 2017 Queensland Oaks winner Egg Tart?

Ben Dorries - 03 Jun 2017

Chris Waller is too smart to label Group I Queensland Oaks (2200m) winner Egg Tart as the next Winx but revealed there were some early similarities to the mighty mare.

The next Winx? Egg Tart has a long way to go but there are some early similarities Photo:  Steve Hart

Super filly Egg Tart ($3.10 fav) had just demolished the Queensland Oaks field by 1-1/4 lengths, bringing back memories of how Winx was early in her winning streak when she thumped them in the 2015 Oaks at the same Doomben track.

Waller, who is considering the Group I Epsom at Randwick as a likely spring target for Egg Tart, seems to save his best fillies to win the Queensland Oaks.

Asked whether there was anything in Egg Tart which was reminiscent of Winx at the same stage of her development, Waller immediately replied: "Her attitude."

"Have a look at Egg Tart just standing there. 

"She has just run 2200m and she is just standing there with her ears pricked. 

"That's a good example of a good horse. She is not distressed and why is she not distressed?

"She has obviously got that x-factor where we are not calling on her reserves and they are pretty good signs to suggest she is a good horse in my eyes.

"Just like I did with Winx, I will give her a chance to tell me where she is heading, who knows."

Jockey Kerrin McEvoy described Egg Tart's finishing burst, coming from near last, as fantastic.

"She has a sharp turn of foot which got me out of a tricky spot," McEvoy said.

"I was behind horses which were not going anywhere and I was wide on the corner but she had the acceleration to get me out of it.

"She attacks the line and just wants to win.

"She has been well handled by Chris. She is only going to get better. ''

It was Egg Tart's second Group I win after winning the Australasian Oaks in Adelaide and, amazingly, her last four wins have been in four different states.

Godolphin filly Pygmy ($41) ran on well for second but jockey Tommy Berry admitted the winner was in a different class.

"I was on the back of the winner and followed her everywhere she went, but she was too mature for us," Berry said.

Third-placed Oklahoma Girl ($9) finished well but was no match for her Waller stablemate Egg Tart.

Sunline...simply supreme
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:43am

She is in the top 5 horses in the Waller yards. 

This was a very good prognostication, given that since djebel made EGG TART has since won 2 G1 races Clap

I looked at her pedigree for the first time yesterday and noticed that her grand dam is the really good staying mare of the mid-80's BORN TO BE QUEEN. She was by IN THE PURPLE who sired some terrific stayers in the 70's and 80's in Aust & NZ.

So EGG TART has got some staying blood in her and SEBRING seems to get the odd stayer too.

Will be interesting to see where CJW goes to in the spring with her.  
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

She is in the top 5 horses in the Waller yards. 

This was a very good prognostication, given that since djebel made EGG TART has since won 2 G1 races Clap

I looked at her pedigree for the first time yesterday and noticed that her grand dam is the really good staying mare of the mid-80's BORN TO BE QUEEN. She was by IN THE PURPLE who sired some terrific stayers in the 70's and 80's in Aust & NZ.

So EGG TART has got some staying blood in her and SEBRING seems to get the odd stayer too.

Will be interesting to see where CJW goes to in the spring with her.  

I had to bite my tongue, Not wanting to be accused of going overboard. Approve

reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:32pm
The only decision for mine is what to aim at.

On her 3yo form she looks an ideal miler, and she also looks like a filly who can run with races spaced so one run in, Sydney into the Epsom and then decide whether they aim at the mile races cantala or Myer or whether they aim at giving her a full prep into a Caulfield Cup.

If she can hold or improve that acceleration she has, she will be winning more races than losing. Still think there is not much between her and Kenedna.  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:35pm
I think the battles between her and Kenedna could be much closer in the Spring. You have to remember Egg Tart started her racing prep in March whereas Kenedna had her first race this prep in December.
Looking forward to seeing them battle it out for the next few seasons
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

I think the battles between her and Kenedna could be much closer in the Spring. You have to remember Egg Tart started her racing prep in March whereas Kenedna had her first race this prep in December.
Looking forward to seeing them battle it out for the next few seasons

I doubt we will see Kenedna reach anywhere near the heights she has attained the last few months.

She has had way too hard and long a campaign.

I hope I am wrong.
reductio ad absurdum
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 2:42pm
Kenedna's run reminds me a little of Howard Be Thy Name last year. Hopefully for connections it doesn't go the same way. Think Egg Tart is a superior horse who will beat her 9/10.

What does the breeding suggest?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>