Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Echuca horse sales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 2:56pm
Kristen Manning thank you! his strapper has come forward with an offer to take him but she is in Qld so he will need to get up there, we will keep everyone in the loop.

Kristen Manning have put a plea for donations on my page as already people have been asking how to give. I despair when this happens in the first place then have faith restored by how many people want to help.

Kristen Manning have had three donations within a few minutes so hopefully this won't take too long
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 2:57pm
How the hell does a G3 winner end up at the knackers! The horse picked up $379K for connections but doesn't deserve to be looked after for te rest of it's life apparently.
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 3:18pm
Yes I hope they asked the horse's connections for a donation, at least made them aware of his plight. Can be hard to get in touch after so long I guess.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 3:31pm
Maybe the connections gave him to a living forever home, once a horse finishes racing it is near impossible to track where horses end up. Maybe this needs to change, but obviously it is going to be very hard to keep track.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:44pm
The whole point is that once a horse changes ownership, the previous one relinquishes all rights. Apparently this one was owned by the seller for the last 9 yrs, it's just a shame he landed in a kill pen but in saying that, at least he's been spotted & am advised, now saved Big smile thanks to the many involved.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 5:02pm
Good to hear that he has been saved
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 5:14pm
Yes certainly not blaming connections, it's been a very long time since he raced, but they would be worth asking for a donation as if it was one of my former group winners, I'd be happy to dig deep and make sure he was saved.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 5:19pm
Following the story on FB, they were trying to get hold of the owners, theY did make contact with his strapper who has offered to look after him in QLD.
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 7:09pm
He's safe.  Clap

Original owners were found, contacted and they didn't hesitate to buy him - he's apparently got a nice warm stable waiting for him at Flemington.

I'm guessing the karma fairy (or her representative) will soon be calling on the people who've had this the pleasure of this gentleman's company / service for the last 9 years and then just tossed him aside ....  Angry

ps: for the people who want to climb up Laverton ... we wouldn't have known about any of this if they hadn't made it known.
suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 7:53pm
Glad to hear that Joh
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 8:18pm
Lauren Cameron
Hi Everybody, my family and I were the racing owners of Belus and we would like to sincerely thank each & everyone of you involved in helping save our old man (especially Lynne and Kristen!).
We had no idea until today and are heartbroken to think what
could have been. We had placed him at what we were assured was his forever home 12+ yrs ago. We still have yearlings at this farm and go there often to view them and see him out in the back paddocks looking after the babies.
I can't imagine what we would have been told when we went there next time and wanted to see him. We were not contacted whatsoever which is even more devastating considering the communication kept with the farm is quite constant re the young horses.

Thank you to the lovely lady in QLD that offered to take him as she knew him from his time up there - what a lovely person you are.
Unfortunately this has now taught us a lesson that no matter how much you trust sometimes it comes to bite you in the backside. He will now come back to Flemington for a few days to be checked over and he will live out his years happy & healthy which is what was intended in the first place.

Again - can't thank everyone enough, you are all amazing.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 8:47pm
Lovely to hear.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 12:23am
Thats a wonderful outcome.
I sure hope the dead gelatis who used this horse for the last 9 years or so, then sent him thru the sales, get a big dose of karma .
  Please , Karma Fairy,  visit these people , and do a job on them.  
Some people are such dead gelatis.
Great to hear the original owners stepped up and are giving him his good home.
I reckon in a lot of cases, if the original owners had a clue what the horse was going thru, they would be quick to buy it back.
Someone smarter than me needs to work out some sort of register , as to where horses go, so owners know, when the horse is in dire need. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 12:25am
PS.  Hope Lauren and family take their other horses away from this place .
animals before people.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 10:23am
What  a pity the name of the stud hasn't been released, as then the back slapping would give way to some accurate facts as how the horse arrived on death row as he did
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 11:17am
Naming & shaming has been found to be counter productive to potential 'saves', so I'm advised.
As it stands, at least 3 well known, big Vic. stables dispose of their 'culls' via the back door i.e. bypass the sales yards on the way to their demise.
No doubt the rest of the country operates similarly it's just that those working to help @ Echuca are transparent & social media active.
TBs in kill pens are not a good look but I know RV are working hard in the background Smile
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 12:46pm
To a lot of owners threat their race horse is a fashion accessory , feeding a horse that is broken down or having limited athletic ability doesn't pump up the ego like getting rid of it and buying the next yearling from the next fashionable sire .
I met a part owner recently who didn't know either name of the two he had shares in  . What scares me is insurance of horses , how many meet a early demise due to an insurance payout hanging over their under performing heads .
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 4:15pm
Don't know for sure AA but I'm guessing there's not a snowflake's chance of the rest of their horses remaining on that place but they'd need to have made arrangements about where their youngsters would be going, then arrive at the same time as the transport, settle their account, load the horses and then and only then say whatever they want to say and get the heck out of there.

I suspect that is why the name of the agistment farm hasn't been mentioned .. lots of things could go wrong ie. "paddock accidents" if they knew what was about to hit their fan.

Hope I'm wrong, but that'd be my take on it.

suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 4:22pm
Can see what your saying, JoH.
A very difficult situation.
But we all know nothing stays secret in the horse world for long Wink
Karma , and all that Thumbs Up
animals before people.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 5:26pm
Given that some of the family of the original owners have been in the industry 40 years I imagine there's quite a few places that they could arrange for the other horses to go.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 2:06pm
Persian Mist at Echuca today, looks a lovely filly but apparently bled whilst trialling yesterday Cry

Ring Horses Auction At Preview if you wish them to bid on your behalf. They have Facebook page and a website with phone numbers. You need credit card to pay and transport of horse organised.

0414 659 781

Edited by Gay3 - 25 May 2016 at 3:33pm
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 3:43pm
Bled one day, dog food the next.

This sickens me.

The trainer/owners must be scum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 3:55pm
Joanne Kilbourne I believe this horse is 'safe' - not confirmed. I dont know if she has been sold as yet, but I have word she is 'safe'..

Debra Turner nothing on the other two from the same trainer?

Joanne Kilbourne Also Pen 88... Wasn't aware of there being a 3rd from same trainer so don't know sorry.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 11:16pm
These people must be sad and greedy individuals.
As Sky Dancer says,,,,this is just sick.
Could they just take a bit of time, and find a show home for the horse ???
God knows,,,,there are so many showies out there now,  prepared to give OTTTBs  a new life style.
TBs are getting a great wrap in the showing and eventing world.  
These owners who do this must be crap people.
Or its syndicates, who suck ignorant people in to be owners , and they have no idea which end eats and which end poops,,,they are just there for the fun and social occasion,,,dress up and look good and drink lots of champers ,,,and have no idea what happens to the horse after it comes off the track.
I think there should be some sort of class/forum/ whatever,  for people who join a syndication.  
Mandatory,  no excuses,  if you buy into a syndication,  you MUST get out there and see what happens with the horse.    All the way thru its life.
And the AJC,,,or whatever they call themselves now,,,should be enforcing this.

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 1:59am
Persian Mist was bought by the (until today) owner/trainer at a weanling sale in 2011, but this is obviously all the work of evil syndicate members. Have I got that right?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:54am
Trainer Pearson - Bendigo

PERSIAN MIST

5yo Bay Mare
D.O.B: 28-Aug-2010
by HARD SPUN (USA)  from MYSTERIOUS RANSOM
5x Pedigree Report

Status Retired
Owner’s Details at retirement
(when Racing Australia is advised)
Mr J D Pearson, Mr A G Williams
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:57am
Sherel Mckinlay-Money She is rugged fed and warm (was shivering in the pens) in her stable tonight as is her mate from pen 88 Feelaway,
Joanne Kilbourne I spoke to their trainer today. Had nice words about both.
Sherel Mckinlay-Money Thats great, they are both getting a rest, then hopefully we will show her, and wait for him to mature, both are gorgeous

2 very lucky ones Heart I think much of the problem is that vendors just don't realise there are so few non meat buyers & assume they'll be safe. Unfortunately it isn't the case as I understand about 80% go to dealers or doggers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Sherel Mckinlay-Money She is rugged fed and warm (was shivering in the pens) in her stable tonight as is her mate from pen 88 Feelaway,
Sherel Mckinlay-Money Thats great, they are both getting a rest, then hopefully we will show her, and wait for him to mature, both are gorgeous

2 very lucky ones Heart I think much of the problem is that vendors just don't realise there are so few non meat buyers & assume they'll be safe. Unfortunately it isn't the case as I understand about 80% go to dealers or doggers.

Suspect the trainer referred to here is Williams (the co-owner of Persian Mist who appears to be the trainer of Feelaway) rather than Pearson (the trainer of Persian Mist who doesn't seem to have any involvement in Feelaway).
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:59pm
I say it's time the horses start dumping the owners/trainers at the kill sales.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Suspect the trainer referred to here is Williams (the co-owner of Persian Mist who appears to be the trainer of Feelaway) rather than Pearson (the trainer of Persian Mist who doesn't seem to have any involvement in Feelaway).
So the Hemmingway was rehomed as well?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>