Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Earliest Posting on the forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Earliest Posting on the forum
    Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:16pm
How far back does the forum go ?

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:34pm
I've seen members who joined in 2007, post's wise everything should still be here.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:40pm
This version of the forum was launched in Feb 2007 when all members of the previous version of the forum had to swap over. The previous forum platform had been there for quite a time beforehand - maybe 7 - 10 years.
Run For Fun would be one of the current members around from the very early days.
The Mayor can tell you exactly when and also if any links exist to the previous platform of the forum.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:59pm
Gay3 View Drop Down

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Not too many initial members remain active, tho' there are many new & multiple IDs.
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 3:22pm
You'll find most of the old members are still looking and reading, but perhaps their posting days are well behind them, leaving it to the newer members to take it up. I still hear from people..

The Thoroughbred Village forums were launched in October 2000, however it has had some major revamps and upgrades throughout its history. Some of us actually pre-dated Oct 2000 and met each other on another forum which was subsequently taken down. The identities on those older forums would surprise you, some still here, or around the traps.
Mayor
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 3:41pm
G'day Mr M.  15-odd years for some eh?  Most marriages don't last that long.

Hope the missus is well and your kids still follow the Bullies.  Smile

ps some years ago spent two days in Melbourne with one of the originals, that old kiwi poster named Seagull.  Had a great time despite hardly understanding a word he said.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 3:54pm
Runfer or SC ,, I've been here for a very long time as well. Not sure when I first joined but it would have to be the early 2000's under a different user-name back then (Macca I think??).I changed my username with the changeover in 2007. The old brigade certainly don't appear to be around anymore however I'm not one of those who has multiple ID's on here.

Only had 2 since joining this site ...

Seagull was a great character as was Nod, Doreen and others.

I don't post that often these days however I'm still buzzing around!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:14pm
Yes Runfer, I remember he came across one spring carnival. Didn't manage to catch up but I knew that you did. Dorky is still around and I see a few others too, not naming names.

Those were very early days in online communities. To put it in perspective..

Launch dates:

TBVillage 2000
Facebook 2004
Twitter 2006
Tumblr 2007
Tinder 2012 Smile
Mayor
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

G'day Mr M.  15-odd years for some eh?  Most marriages don't last that long.

Hope the missus is well and your kids still follow the Bullies.  Smile

ps some years ago spent two days in Melbourne with one of the originals, that old kiwi poster named Seagull.  Had a great time despite hardly understanding a word he said.

LOL
     LET PEACE REIGN
What does that mean ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic