Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dubleo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:58am
Nor am I asking people to use their own name. But if your asking for my respect well that's different.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 9:51am
Suggest there's no need for this exchange to continue boys: time to move on.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
G Kay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by troppo75 troppo75 wrote:

Gonski, don't go dissin' A.W or his horses. Don't you know all the cool kids groove to Dubleo and assorted stallions from his hood?!?!

Watching this thread.. it's a love fest. Just stand back, watch.. and try not to get any on you.
What the hell is wrong with you people????
Just because people arent arguing and abusing each other you cant handle it?
Typical of the morons on this forum who have nothing better to do.
If you dont like what your reading dont read it

Dont you have a dog to kick or a wife to beat? Moron
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:19pm
GK

get a grip

I said in my post, stand back and watch!
ie... I'm not participating! Foolish... yet you would say how you hate how a post could be turned abusive. Well done, you've made the transition!

Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
G Kay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:55pm

Yeah yeah yeah whatever champ get your hand off it..... "and try not to get any on you"

Moron
Adam White View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:05pm
Two Weanlings at Magic Millions sell for $10,000 and $37,000. Currently topping the General session horses at $37k. Pretty good in scheme of things and how the market has been going.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:47pm
Quinella at Muswellbrook yesterday R5,his first I believe.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:18pm
another city winner on Sat in Sydney with Queenian.Dobros made it a double on the day at G.C.
marlin1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 7:42am
http://www.bloodhound.net.au/cgi-bin/tped?u_id=FS6475&r_id=260&s_id=4573495&d_id=54988356
how dose this look to you experts,would you call this imbred
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 11:04am
Originally posted by marlin1 marlin1 wrote:

http://www.bloodhound.net.au/cgi-bin/tped?u_id=FS6475&r_id=260&s_id=4573495&d_id=54988356
how dose this look to you experts,would you call this imbred

Looks good to me!Big smile

Obviously the same Southern Halo/Flying Spur cross that has produced Sebring, SW Hot 'N' Ready and SP Ali Spur & Willingani. They are of course all by More Than Ready and then Dubleo has the smart Skateboard from a Flying Spur mare.

I like the double cross of both Secretariat and Nijinksy. But there are probably better pedigree experts on this blog to comment further on that.

I know the mare fairly well as we used to own her. I thinks he would suit well physically also which is important. Symbol's half-sister Benko has a More Than Ready 2yo running at Flemington tomorrow.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 1:32pm
Too bad he is in the hunter and not the nursery of world champions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 2:34pm
Machiavelli very impressive today at Scone. The two-year-old against older horses lead the race from the start and powered to line to win easy.

Bred by Turannga Farm he is from the Geiger Counter mare Milezka.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 1:05pm
Little Vicki wins the second race on Grafton Cup day. Just missed a class record.
Sequi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sequi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 2:55pm
Dubleo progeny won the first two races at Grafton Adam with Tree Fern winning the first.
ENJOY View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENJOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 3:17pm
For Dubleo  do you leave your mare at Vinery Stud for agistment

or are they all walk ons
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by ENJOY ENJOY wrote:

For Dubleo  do you leave your mare at Vinery Stud for agistment

or are they all walk ons
That's entirely up to you. We are happy to accept mares if needed.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Sequi Sequi wrote:

Dubleo progeny won the first two races at Grafton Adam with Tree Fern winning the first.
Geez! I missed the first. Thanks for the update.
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:10pm
Do we need a moderator here. This is the Vinery PR non stop. Every starter and every race that that stallion is in. What about some cheap deals to forum members Adam. You have surely got and will continue to get, great advertising,More studs get on line and do what A W does and the breeders on line will be rapt. Start the ball rolling Adam.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by gonski gonski gonski gonski wrote:

Do we need a moderator here. This is the Vinery PR non stop. Every starter and every race that that stallion is in. What about some cheap deals to forum members Adam. You have surely got and will continue to get, great advertising,More studs get on line and do what A W does and the breeders on line will be rapt. Start the ball rolling Adam.

How do you know he hasn't already got the ball rolling? Wink   People are hardly going to publicise his offers on here - if they have 1/2 a brain Smile  & judging by the posts, many are appreciative of Adams' input!

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:09pm
I can personally recommend Middlebrook Valley for walk ons to Vinery.If I knew how to get photos online I could show you my mare when she left for Middlebrook and when I got her home.She was starving when I bought her and put her on a truck.The previous owner was not to blame,just the people he trusted.She is now noticeably happier here and when I saw her on the float on arrival she seemed bigger and her coat had a  magnificent chestnut glow.They are very experienced and the horse always comes first.As for Dubleo-last year I bought a mare in foal to him and i knew nothing of him.Soon I noticed how well his offspring were going and bought the chestnut only to get one in while he was still cheap so now i have a weanling and mare in foal to him.Naturally I follow all his runners and am happy to spruik him here because I feel he is on his way and hope to see villagers with good foals.No I don't have a mare for him this year so no benefit awaits.
kingston View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:45pm
Ditto re Middlebrook Valley Lodge and Vinery/Dubleo.

MVL do a wonderful job with their horses and are great with clients. If it were possible to be happy paying a horse bill, then I'm happy paying theirs every month. 

Dubleo's done an excellent job from limited opportunities, and Vinery can spruik him all they want as far as I'm concerned. Good to see some genuine enthusiasm from the Stud about its cheapie.

Haven't used him myself, but would do so without hesitation if I have a suitable mare. Well performed, nice type (not too big), great pedigree, doing the job and not overly expensive (granted, $4,400 was a lot better than $6,600).  
Sequi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sequi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:28pm

Why do you care? You don't like him obviously. Just don't read the posts.

Not hard really.

gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:09pm
Just reckon it's a joke. He is pushin his stud and only his stallion. If u like it then let's open up the floodgates. Darley, Eliza come on down. It would be great 4 us breeders. Nothin wrong with the stallion, just the PR rubbish. I can check what stallions get a winner.
BSB Raiderman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSB Raiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:09am

A Dubleo filly I have an interest in, Love My Way, debuts today. Chris Lawrence from the Tigers is also in the ownership.

Novocastrian Racing, Non Profit Newcastle Syndicator
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:36am

Breeders have sent me Private Messages on this forum, and booked mares accordingly. I would like to use the Dubleo forum to keep those breeders update with his progress. It's just another way breeders who use the horse can stay in touch with his results.
wallinga View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 9:36am

Just reckon it's a joke. He is pushin his stud and only his stallion. If u like it then let's open up the floodgates. Darley, Eliza come on down. It would be great 4 us breeders. Nothin wrong with the stallion, just the PR rubbish. I can check what stallions get a winner.
Darley, Eliza are welcome. They just haven't taken advantage like Adam. Take it as a compliment that he feels this board is a worthwhile method of communication.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 1:43pm
Another winner today. Monnie's Double just won at Wyong. Has been a big week for the black stallion!
Little tip. Sunset Coast (Dubleo) each way at Rosehill tomorrow. Kris Lees has been pleased with her work lately.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 9:25am
his last run was very good,ran up to them then ranout of puff,first up.
lotto7 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotto7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 10:11am

Gonski, I have no ties with Vinery but appreciate someone from the stud posting on this forum and identifying themselves. He has declared who he is so we can judge his posts with that knowledge. Would be great if someone from each stud posted here and identified themselves.

Adam, just wondering if Singo intends to send the dam of More Joyous to Big Brown. From memory he did spruik that he was going to send Sunday Joy to Big Brown when first come to Australia but at this point it hasn't happened. Was it just marketing hype or will it happen?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 1:41pm
To be honest I really don't know at this stage. Singo no longer has a share in Vinery but does have shares in BB and as I mentioned will be using him. Duncan Grimley has informed me that there will be 15-18 mares going to BB from Strawberry Hills but I haven't been notified which ones. I guess Duncan and Singo are still in the process of sorting out where the mares will be going.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>