Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Dosage - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dosage Pedigree Buffs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dosage Pedigree Buffs
    Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 7:13am
Needing advice for this season please, Redoubts Choice x Whispering Halo  mare a (sister to 'Dont Say Halo') I have gone into her family quite abit but lack the time to find the right mating, I came up with Falvelon, as this is what her only winner is and her only daughter is infoal to him, this is a fabulous Black type family , I wish to breed her best I can as she's missed a few years & don't want to waste a mating if she can give me some filly's>
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 10:22am
If you have looked into the family you will see that you have Don't Say Halo (Halo/Hail to Reason), Silent Achiever (O'Reilly/Last Tycoon), Hula Chief/Hula Drum (Marceau/Kaoru Star), Hulastrike (Straight Strike/Mr Prospector), Pleasant Tap (Pleasant Colony/His Majesty), Go for Gin (Cormorant/His Majesty) as the stand out stars from the recent branch of this family.

Your mares dam sadly only had the one city winners by Not a Single Doubt a son or Redoute's.  While your mare only raced once so she could of broken down or been a stayer and never really been tested.  I see another Redoute's from her dam did win but the Not a Single Doubt was better.

Then as you said the Falvelon has been the best mating even though the Show a Heart matings should of worked with some interesting crosses including the Nijinsky Brave Warrior's dam to Nijinsky second dam of Redoute's.  There is also a branch of the 1-s family in Boucher the sire of his second dam who is by Ribot sire of His Majesty mentioned above in two major winners.  Were they middle distance stayers who lacked speed?  Two and three starts don't explain alot.  Did they break down or did the trainer have horses who didn't match the races available to them.  I don't know.  But all things for you to consider.

If breakdowns are the issue then you need to source good bone and possibly an outcross so you don't bring in more of the same troubles.  Falvelon after all was a very hardy horse with 37 starts and was a fast horse so maybe speed is the issue here.  But the best have been at least able to win up to the mile.  Silent Achiever gets even further.

If you have a limit on your funds and restricted to Queensland sires it would be interesting to look at sons of More than Ready.  He comes from the Halo sireline and is also from your female line of 1-s decending from La Troienne.  He has Mr Prospector and Halo which have worked with your immediate family.

One unproved son up there is Mahisara who also brings in His Majesty (through Danehill) and Luskin Star/Kaoru Star and Sir Tristram who has also had Yamanin Vital from this family.  Then you get Mahisara's second dam by Last Tycoon (sire of O'Reilly as in Silent Achiever).  It is like you get the sire or grandsire of every black type horse close up in your mares pedigree.

For a proven sire you could look at Top Echelon who is inbreed to Princequillo 5f x 5f from the outstanding sire family of Baguette and Sebring.  He also has Sunset Hue (9c) and Nasrullah  (9c) through Secretariat.  Pleasant Tap (above) is inbred to Princequillo who was an outstanding cross for Nasrullah in the USA.  While there are not many lines of Nasrullah in Rose of Malmaison you do find Bletchingly inbred to Fair Trial (same 9-c) family and Sunny's Halo (inbred to Mahmoud (9c also).  The Halo line decends from Royal Charger (also 9c).  Top Echelon is more of an interesting cross to Redoute's Choice as you get his grandam Dancing Show 3m x 4f.  So enough to look into.

You do get more options if you can go a bit higher in service fees or if you are willing to look interstate.
Off and racing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Off and racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 7:04pm
Make the most of your mares pedigree, look for a stallion in your budget that has Blue Hen La Troienne and duplicate, duplicate, duplicate.
JadeLace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 9:38pm
Thanks champion I have already picked up on that tip i am not looking to spend a lot but one cannot deny bloodlines an my aim is to breed a filly..Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic