Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Dosage - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dosage Calculator?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dosage Calculator?
    Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 4:49am
Is there a site where you can input the mother and father of your horse to produce a dosage number?

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 5:45pm

I'm sure there would be but no idea where, this may get you started:

http://horseracing.about.com/cs/pedigreearticles/ht/dosage.htm

Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 6:05pm
tesio
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 6:34pm
Suspect most sites require a paid subscription in order to obtain the required info.  And in some cases require interpretive skills.

Which on one, the other or indeed both counts would presumably leave Pazman out of the loop.  Smile
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
John H View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 7:16pm
There is a US site called pedigreequery I think which will give the Dr Roman Dosage figures automatically as long as the horse in question is in their database.

It is also quite straightforward to enter a new horse, but quite useles for A-NZ pedigrees as it only uses Dr Roman's Chef list, which is almost totally NH-biased.

Tesiopower (you would have to buy the program) may still have an older version of my A-NZ Keysires list which would need updating (see a post below re Additions etc) but once you get it up to date it works okay I think for local pedigrees with some room for improvement still.

But beware the Tesiopower distance range ratings...they are nowhere near the (average distance range) results I have attained over the years from researching hundreds & hundreds of Australian stakes race results.
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:32pm
Thanks John H. 
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 2:55pm
This would be a great service but could only work if it was connected to the Australian Studbook database and used John's A-NZ Keysires list. I've always had this in mind for the www.dosage.com.au domain that we own, however never had the funds (or the business case) to build it. One should be able to enter any horse and retrieve the A-NZ dosage profile...that's the idea anyway. If anyone has an idea on how to fund its construction, let me know. Mayor
Mayor
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:24am
Have there been any new entries (sires) to the list this year? John, Mayor?
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:48am
All of the up to date ANZ chefs are listed at http://www.dosageprofile.com/
John H View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:26pm
I haven't added any Keysires to the list since my April 2011 post, but the following are on the radar for classification & the most in contention I think.

As a rule of thumb, I prefer to wait until the stallions begin to have some second generational influence (eg, sons/daughters of Fastnet Rock, High Chaparral etc) but that time is not too far off while some others below could be done now:

(no particular order)

Dubawi
Testa Rossa
High Chaparral
Fastnet Rock
Pins
Exceed and Excel
Lonhro
Montjeu
Hussonet
Elusive Quality
Secret Savings

& I have probably missed a couple too, but it has been that sort of day.

In many cases, I would prefer to add some International Keysires (currently non-chefs such as Green Desert, Alleged, Storm Cat etc) to improve the overall Dosage picture (especially long term) & would point out I also use a different Dosage formula for my personal records to Dr Roman's.

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 4:06pm
Thanks John and Progold, last year I was looking at the MC entrants, as you can imagine many of them were a mystery!
Nice to see Green Desert Storm Cat mentioned in your pick.
JadeLace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 8:02pm
I have been researching a lot about Dosage all interesting an baffling at the same time, I use TN, sometimes EN an G1 stallion match, as I have a young mare & was finding it hard
to get a match for, just for interest sake I did a TN with Sire/Dam of Black Caviar, an came up with DI of D' this made me think how does that happen when the combination produced such a champion😟
JadeLace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 8:07pm
I only have 4 mares 3 broodies which I managed to find some interesting
A+++ /A++ /& A+ & B+ matings admittedly I had to cull several as service fees were ridiculous but defineately
Made me re think my plans for the season? 😑
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 8:15pm
What are TNs & ENs?
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 8:17pm
True nicks and E nicks is my guess Gay
JadeLace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 9:15pm
👍
Nostradamus II View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 6:12am
The cross would be a D because it has produced only 1 stakes winner from 21 foals according to RISA.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic