Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Darren Weir - Police Investigation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

What a strange article

Why is it strange ??? Confused  It puts both sides and tells of the difficulties caused by Weir,s big teams on the beach ??
animals before people.
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 11:26am
Looks like Weir’s BFF, JMac needed more than the “magical waters” of Warrnambool to contribute to his 11% career winning strike rate. Since the stable raids, McLean has had 75 runners in Victoria for a paltry 2 winners. It’s fair to say I wasn’t the only person to take pleasure at seeing none of his 15 runners salute at the May Carnival.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:39pm
How do these shysters retain owners ?  Unless the owners are shysters too ?  Either that or just plain dumb as dog doo doo .
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:01pm
Why do they leave their horses with a trainer of dubious reputation and poor strike rate?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:23pm
A.A it was not all that secret? There had been talk for years. And all owners not only stuck!! They bought him more horses. Love the way everyone is saying what a naughty boy he is now! While you all applauded him dominating.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:26pm
He was a very good horse trainer and horseman. No matter what he has done you can't take that away. I'm sure J McLean knows how to train as well. DK would not have useless people in charge
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

A.A it was not all that secret? There had been talk for years. And all owners not only stuck!! They bought him more horses. Love the way everyone is saying what a naughty boy he is now! While you all applauded him dominating.

Been saying they’re dirty cheats for years - they have a rap sheet a mile long. As per usual, tall poppy syndrome is what everyone said!
to the victor
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

Been saying they’re dirty cheats for years - they have a rap sheet a mile long. As per usual, tall poppy syndrome is what everyone said!

Yes, the old tall poppy syndrome is normally the honest ones pointing out the cheats. Owners who want an illegal advantage seek out the crooks to get a better return on their money. And when they get rubbed out they move the horses to the next cheat.
And when their racing managers get rubbed out for robbing clients ..............say no more.
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 4:52pm
Interesting that OTI publicly slammed Weir for his offending and swiftly removed their horses before he was banned.
But yet they still have a horse with McLean who couldn’t beat the ambulance the other day.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Interesting that OTI publicly slammed Weir for his offending and swiftly removed their horses before he was banned.
But yet they still have a horse with McLean who couldn’t beat the ambulance the other day.
OTI are hypocrites.
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

OTI are hypocrites.

Yep. Raced horses with Weir, Moody and McLean. No doubt Laming, Smith, Currie, Eden, & Matherick are on their radar for possible candidates.
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:42am
The OTI ad currently showing on Racing.com is pretty funny, includes the line "race with integrity"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:43am
The people that run OTI have there fingers firmly on the pulse in racing circles! They know what's going on with who!! They chose there trainers on who will win races!! How? I don't think it matters to much.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 2:50am
Anything that happens on racing.com does not surprise me anymore, after seeing their latest story recruit.

Big Richie has been hired to write a column and do some tipping, I guess as long as no one wants to sell a horse with his 'help', everything is hunky dory.

You should see some of the comments under the story, very funny stuff, asking, when Darren Weir will be hired as a saddling enclosure expert.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 2:51am
sorry I got the racings mixed up it is Racenet who have hired Richard Callendar.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 11:19am
RV have put out a statement saying they are creating a new rule to prevent disqualified persons from being eligible for the trainers premiership.
Weir currently leads Hayes by 35 in Melbourne.
Hayes will now be odds on favourite to win the title.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
JAY AYE View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAY AYE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 1:14pm

RV have put out a statement saying they are creating a new rule to prevent disqualified persons from being eligible for the trainers premiership.
Weir currently leads Hayes by 35 in Melbourne.
Hayes will now be odds on favourite to win the title.
         And so this should happen, I posted on here awhile back about the same scenario. Why should a banned Trainer win the Premiership as the winners could well have been influenced by what he was banned for, and when you consider the horses that have gone elsewhere what sort of strike rate under the new Trainers ??? I stand to be corrected however I would say the strike rate is very poor, Maher finished up with the majority and he certainly is not getting double or treble winners every Saturday
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 1:32pm

Would you like to tell us which ones have gone backwards since his demise, I could give you a few that have gone forwards fwiw.

Edited by Gay3 - 24 May 2019 at 2:28pm
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 2:03pm
I would say 9 out of 10 have held their form
JAY AYE View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAY AYE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 7:56pm

I would say 9 out of 10 have held their form
       Well as I said please correct me if I am wrong, however I also stated and correct me if I am wrong the majority went to Maher and what does he have that has set the place alight, it is not a though he is dominating on Saturdays as Weir did with these horses, anyway just what I thought to be an observation, my main part of my post was about  Weir NOT winning the Premiership and you have not replied your thoughts about that
JAY AYE View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAY AYE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Would you like to tell us which ones have gone backwards since his demise, I could give you a few that have gone forwards fwiw.
 Only a few, I would suggest that the majority of the ones raced at Metro level have not dominated as per with Weir anyway my original post was regarding Weir and the 2018-2019 Premiership so this is side tracking, so give me your opinion on this topic
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by JAY AYE JAY AYE wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Only a few, I would suggest that the majority of the ones raced at Metro level have not dominated as per with Weir anyway my original post was regarding Weir and the 2018-2019 Premiership so this is side tracking, so give me your opinion on this topic

He is banned so therefore imo forfeits any rights to being the premier trainer , owzat.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:31pm
Really, who cares? Give Weir the trainers title. It can take pride of place upon his cell wall next to his Marilyn Monroe poster, and his Jarrod Mclean pic.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:36pm
Maher has won two Group 1s with Kenedna

The horses were pretty evenly spread, and just about every Saturday at least one ex Weir horse has won either in melbourne or Adelaide
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:09pm
Racing Victoria has moved to change the rules around premierships, which will deny disqualified trainer Darren Weir this season's crown.

Weir currently holds a 33-win lead over Lindsay Park in the metro premiership and a 38-win buffer over the Hayes & Dabernig crew in Victoria, but he won't be collecting any silverware from Racing Victoria this season after the rule change was announced on Friday.

A statement from RV read: "With immediate effect, the following criteria will apply:

1. A licensed or registered person is ineligible to win any premiership, medal, or award in Victoria for any racing year if that person:

a) engages in conduct that results in a disqualification or warning off from racing for any period of time; or

b) serves any period of a disqualification or warning off, regardless of when the offending conduct occurred; or

c) engages in conduct that results in a suspension of their licence or registration (or any privilege attached to their licence or registration) for a period of two months or more.

2. RV also retains full discretion to revoke any premiership, medal or award which has been won for any particular racing year if the winning person:

a) is subsequently deemed to be ineligible pursuant to clause 1; or

b) has otherwise, in the opinion of RV, conducted themselves in a manner which has undermined the integrity, reputation or public image of racing."

RV's integrity boss Jamie Stier said they wanted to make it clear that any person disqualified for any amount of time in a given season should not be heralded at the end of it.

"It was determined that we needed a uniform approach around the eligibility for persons that are suspended or disqualified to win premierships and annual awards," Stier said.

"We reached a position that a licensed or registered person who commits a serious breach of the Rules of Racing should not be celebrated and we will enforce the criteria with immediate effect."

Lindsay Park (205 winners) is well-clear of the next best training outfit in Ciaron Maher & David Eustace (140), which effectively hands them the state premiership.

The Hayes/Dabernig team will also claim the Melbourne crown, with their 60 metro winners placing them well clear of Maher & Eustace and Tony McEvoy (both on 38).

The rule change also means recently disqualified jumps jockey Martin Kelly is ineligible for the Tommy Corrigan Medal, an award he won for the 2017-18 season.
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:33pm
Good result, as it should be.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:19pm
Forgive me for not reading this whole thread, but is Weir guilty of anything more than being in possession of a jigger? 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:37pm
Now or all-time?

February, 2019 – Disqualified for four years on three charges over the discovery of jiggers and a charge of conduct prejudicial to the imagine of racing. 

September, 2018 – Fined $5000 after pleading guilty to making false or misleading statements over the identity of seven horses at the Ballarat trials on October 3.

January, 2018 – Fined $500 over the late on-course arrival of Night’s Watch at Doomben. The horse was scratched and missed the opportunity to qualify for the Magic Millions.

September, 2017 – Fined $2500 after pleading guilty to taking Air Guitar to the Burrumbeet trials when the horse had non-steroidal anti-inflammatories in its system.

November, 2013 – Fined $2000 after a security guard arrived at his Ballarat stable to monitor VRC sprint hopeful Platelet, only to find the horse had been transferred to Weir’s Warrnambool base without stewards’ knowledge. It was the seventh time in five years Weir had been called in by stewards for failing to notify a change of stable for his horses.

May, 2013 - Fined $7000 after Doing Our Best returned a positive swab to Frusemide after winning at Ballarat on February 16, 2013.

March, 2011 - Fined $500 for using abusive language towards a trackwork supervisor at Ballarat.

January, 2010 - Weir-trained Time Matters was withdrawn from a Listed race at Caulfield after a routine race day-stable inspection revealed the horse had been at Jarrod McLean's Warrnambool stable.

November, 2009 - Fined $1500 after Lethal Gal was scratched from Ballarat Cup Day after a race-day inspection at Weir's stable revealed the horse was located in a nearby stable of another trainer.

February, 2008 – Fined $15,000 after pleading guilty to sending Grey Jeune to the July 14, 2007 Murtoa meeting with an elevated bicarbonate (TC02) level. Grey Jeune won the Murtoa Cup, but was subsequently stripped of the win.

May, 2006 - Glebe Run was controversially scratched on the last day of the 2006 Warrnambool May Carnival. Stewards deemed there was a 'strong possibility' the horse had been stomach-tubed. Blood and urine tests from Glebe Run were clear and no action was taken against Weir.

September, 2003 – Suspended for three months after he was caught administering a substance via a stomach tube to Kinther King at Rupanyup on the way to the August 8 Murtoa races.

October, 2002 – Fined $1000 after being found in possession of stomach tubing equipment at Manangatang races.

January, 2001 – Suspended for eight weeks for giving false evidence over the late scratching of Amanda Huggenkiss at Warrnambool. Weir was followed by racetrack detective Peter McMillan into the float car park where Weir placed the horse on a float for 13 minutes before re-emerging.

January, 2001 – Fined $1000 for removing Amanda Huggenkiss from the saddling paddock at Warrnambool and for having a needle in his possession.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:54pm
Hmm. When taken as a whole it does paint a picture.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:55pm
And yet people here are still defending him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>