Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Darley 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darley 2018
    Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:47am
Fees announced overnight - there are good reductions across the roster. It seems as though Vin is keen to send a message by releasing pre-Easter Sales that they're open for business and keen to deal.

I'm also reassured that Albrecht, Kuroshio, Sidestep and Denman still have a place on the roster - sends a good message to those that support the stallions at the lower tier that they won't be jettisoned after two years (a la Benfica).

Albrecht $5,500
Astern $33,000
Belardo NZ$12,000
Brazen Beau $38,500
Complacent NZ$5,000
Contributer NZ$12,500
Dawn Approach $19,250
Denman $8,800
Epaulette $27,500
Exceed And Excel $82,500
Exosphere $22,000
Frosted $33,000
Hallowed Crown $16,500
Holler $11,000
Iffraaj NZ$25,000
NEW Impending $22,000
Kermadec $16,500
Kuroshio $5,500
Lonhro $55,000
Reset $13,750
NEW Ribchester $24,750
Sepoy $11,000
Shooting To Win $22,000
Sidestep $7,700
Street Boss $27,500
Telperion NZ$5,000
Teofilo $44,000
Territories $16,500
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

SteppenFox View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppenFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:04am
No Helmet? Must be staying in the UK where he is making his mark.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:42pm
Booked Treasury Notes into Impending before he won his last two Gp 1's.

Glad I did so as they'll be inundated with inquiries and might otherwise have missed out.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:56pm
Re Robbo

"I'm also reassured that Albrecht, Kuroshio, Sidestep and Denman still have a place on the roster - sends a good message to those that support the stallions at the lower tier that they won't be jettisoned after two years (a la Benfica)". 
Sidestep has gone to Telemon Thoroughbreds in Qld.  The Fletchers have purchased the farm previously leased by Sun Stud.  I have a friend who has a very nice weanling filly by Sidestep so I wish them all the best.  I think he was ditched too soon, but then I don't have to make way for new commercial stallions they way Darley does.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:39pm
That lovely Juliet female line.  So You Think is finally showing some sire ability and this one is much more speed orientated but with that stout background only helps produce that said speed.  Hopefully like many speed horses he'll be above to get some middle distance runners also.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Booked Treasury Notes into Impending before he won his last two Gp 1's.

Glad I did so as they'll be inundated with inquiries and might otherwise have missed out.

Gee you were keen if you booked him before last years Stradbroke :)
But I know what you mean. 
He was book full a week ago. So well done. 
Sometimes the early bird and all that.

I know of quite a few that were keen and got in.

It was a standby list from last Monday onwards I believe.
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:33pm
How many is a full book?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic