Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dad has baby with daughter.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dad has baby with daughter.
    Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 9:30am
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23494953-2,00.html

This is normal in the horse breeding industry? Do you get any defects/syndromes?
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 9:58am
60 minutes lol
Hidden In Hollywood
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 3:15pm
I was just reading it online in the Daily Telegraph.
Absolutely disgusting. He should be in jail. It is against the law.

Mind you, they are from South Australia!
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 12:25am
I think I'm going to be ill.
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 12:27am
I couldnt watch it last night on 60 minutes. Felt sick
Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 12:31am
South Australians are proof Tasmanians can swim and we all know about Tassie (I'm joking Bachi)

Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 12:33am
and I agree KM it is disgusting and as soon as I realized I changed channels.

channel 9 lecture other channels on cheque book journalism and then do this. be ashamed of your self Jeff Browne or however is the boss at 9.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 1:34am
it has just come to light they had another baby together in 2001 that died as an infant due to heart problems, so the smart thing to do was have another crack at it.

how vile

only caught the tail end of it, there was a scottish couple in the story also, were they brother and sister?

i met a guy in london whose parents were first cousins, this isnt so odd over there, the royals are all in bred, hence they saying chinless wonders.

they guy whose parents were cousins said it destroyed their lives when schoolmates etc found out, and they were finding it hard to find life partners due to the concerns about the in breeding.

millions of people out there and these people end up with each other.

off
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 1:43am
I would think it happens a hell of a lot in other cultures, just as it would in the animal kingdom in the wild.
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 1:52am
cousins maybe but surely not father and daughter. that is just so wrong it is ridiculous.

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 3:49am
In our culture it is considered abnormal but I think in some tribal cultures it may not be.
I'm surprised they had a child although it isn't hard to understand individuals falling in love if they didnt have a parent / child nurturing relationship in the past - they are just two adults who have met and who get along OK obviously. The parental connection is biological not emotional. Our cultural abhorrence is very emotional.
Still, not my cup of tea.

Do you find it better or worse than Woody Allens sexual relationship with his adopted daughter? No biological connection sure but definitely an emotional and trusting parental role been changed in that dynamic. Which is worse?
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 4:12am
they are all wrong! and I wont look at this thread again. 
octavius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octavius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 4:54am
Don't know about anyone else here, but I thought the mother/daughter was dead sexy...

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 8:56am
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

In our culture it is considered abnormal but I think in some tribal cultures it may not be.
I'm surprised they had a child although it isn't hard to understand individuals falling in love if they didnt have a parent / child nurturing relationship in the past - they are just two adults who have met and who get along OK obviously. The parental connection is biological not emotional. Our cultural abhorrence is very emotional.
Still, not my cup of tea.

Do you find it better or worse than Woody Allens sexual relationship with his adopted daughter? No biological connection sure but definitely an emotional and trusting parental role been changed in that dynamic. Which is worse?

for mine it is worse that the biological father daughter are sleeping together, however, the woody allen thing, well that is wrong also, so society says, if we want society to work for all we need rules, this has been the case since jungle days.

god, it is sick
puntingpatto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puntingpatto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 9:49am
bonking someone who you are related to is not on if you ask me..... but planning a baby together? thats insane!!
www.youtube.com/puntingpatto
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 10:40am
cmon VSP get that wand out it banish this thread.

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 10:43am
not up to me Kong - the Mayor has been on line and left it there.
Are you seriously asking for it to be removed & why? If others feel that way as well I'm sure the Mayor will look at it.
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 10:52am
yes I would prefer it not be here. this isnt TV week or News of The World. actually it doesnt even belong there. 
womble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote womble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 7:13pm
I wasn't going to respond to the thread but Kong's call to have it removed is the reason I am - if you don't like it being here, don't look at it would be my call.  Sure it's not about sport or racing BUT I guarantee they are talking about in most pubs/bars around the country so why shouldn't it get a run here as well???

Censorship sucks - unless of course there are legal reasons for it happening, nobody wants to see the Mayor, Forum sued.

As to the matter itself - I would have said they are two fully consenting adults, what they do in their private lives is their own business HOWEVER having children makes it totally wrong.  The risk of deformity etc is just too great. 

It's been happening for centuries though, and will continue happening into the future - closing your eyes and pretending it's not there won't make it go away

Note - the bit in bold - fully consenting adults
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Kong Kong wrote:

they are all wrong! and I wont look at this thread again. 

But you still managede to post two more comments after this one, so it must be a topic that is being talke about by everyone.

Kong..ten in the bin mate
Ouch
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 4:06am
Originally posted by womble womble wrote:

I wasn't going to respond to the thread but Kong's call to have it removed is the reason I am - if you don't like it being here, don't look at it would be my call.  Sure it's not about sport or racing BUT I guarantee they are talking about in most pubs/bars around the country so why shouldn't it get a run here as well???

Censorship sucks - unless of course there are legal reasons for it happening, nobody wants to see the Mayor, Forum sued.

As to the matter itself - I would have said they are two fully consenting adults, what they do in their private lives is their own business HOWEVER having children makes it totally wrong.  The risk of deformity etc is just too great. 

It's been happening for centuries though, and will continue happening into the future - closing your eyes and pretending it's not there won't make it go away

Note - the bit in bold - fully consenting adults

Correct. Not everything in this forum is exactly related to sport, but I bet people would talk about a lot of this stuff at a sports bar. Plus, there's nowhere else to put it, IE General Discussion, because that's kind of what I thought this was by looking at all of the posts.
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 4:15am
you people really find it interesting that a creepy old man would have sex with his daughter? this is something you are happy to discuss?

dont bother to reply..yes KM off the bin now....
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 6:39am
None of us find it interesting!

We are all disgusted by it, and it is a current topic in the media and we were all agreeing how bad it is.

Current topics are always talked about on here, such as interest rates, elections etc.

Kong, take a chill pill. If you don't like it, stop putting up replys!!!!!

doreen View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:17am
I find it repugnant. Having sex with ones daughter.Where does it stop?

I personally know of a case where a father had sex with his daughter, she got pregnant. The child, a daughter grew up, and when she was 14, he slept with her too. How f@@2ed is that. And that, my friends is a true story. How many lives need to be ruined to satisfy someones sexual urges? in the case on 60 minutes, a little girls life is ruined. To satisfy themselves, and to obviously say society's rules dont apply to them, they decide to have a relationship, a very selfish act without thought of others and now they've gone public, once again to suit themselves and the little girl now has to grow up with that shame. Angry

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic