Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

CrownBet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:17am
Note that the "Deposit $30 Receive $150" is better than the banners we have around the site.

Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

Reminder, this offer is closing today! Sunday 28th January, 2018.

Get it now or miss out.

JOIN CrownBet – Deposit $30 Receive $150

T&C's apply.

Mayor (email: info@thoroughbredvillage.com.au)
Mayor
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:25pm
I was just hit for an account dormant fee of $10 per month.
 I suggest everyone closes their accounts if they are going to play these games
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by TOLEDO TOLEDO wrote:

I was just hit for an account dormant fee of $10 per month.
 I suggest everyone closes their accounts if they are going to play these games

This condition seems entirely reasonable to me. It's better you close it if there is absolutely no intention of ever using it. You have a 2-year grace period and just need to place a single bet to keep it alive. I've copy and pasted the condition below. Cheers, Mayor.

19. Inactive Accounts

This rule commences operation from 1 January 2016 and at commencement will affect those accounts that have been inactive since at least 1 January 2014.

If You do not access Your Account by logging on to Your Account using Your Account username and password and either (i) making a deposit, or (ii) placing a bet, for any consecutive period of 2 years, then after those 2 years Your Account will be deemed ‘Inactive’.

Once Your Account has been deemed Inactive We may suspend Your Account and We will be entitled to charge You an administrative fee (the ‘ Inactive Account Fee). We may deduct an amount of up to $10.00 as an Inactive Account Fee from Your Account Balance on the day that your account is deemed inactive and then every one (1) month thereafter. If Your Account Balance is zero (or becomes zero) We will not charge any further Inactive Account Fees.

Once your Account is deemed inactive, We will also remove any Bonus Bets and CrownBet Rewards Points from Your Account.

Mayor
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:54am
Lol. Financial institutions have been brought to book by the ACCC for excessive charges, perhaps it's time they looked into bookmaker rorts like this. A dormant account costs them nothing. Emails etc that may be sent are automated and a few extra bytes of computer disk is neither here nor there. A few cents max. Do they warn clients before this occurs? 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:20am
They warned me but you need to phone to close it which I keep forgetting to do. Online would be much easier but of course, they well know that Disapprove
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:49pm
Sounds like a complete scam.

Not surprising in the slightest.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:16pm
If it’s in the terms and conditions then who’s fault is it if you’re charged it?
That said, unless you’ve got money sitting in the account (why would you if you’re not using it?) then I’m not sure how they would get the fee.
TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:51pm
Actually it was because i hadnt used it for 30 days. They changed the rules in january
TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:53pm
2 years is a reasonable period, 30 days is not
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:12pm
I'm more than 30 days without betting with them. Haven't received any advice, then again I emptied my account
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 12:26pm
If it's just that you're struggling for winning tips, you'll find many here: Wink

Mayor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic