Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

CRIME ex Home Invasion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 9:56pm
Why do you insist on talking about this when it's clear you have no idea about drug addiction..

You sound like one of those little scared people who is appalled and shocked at today tonight and a current affair etc..

your real world knowledge is ignorant at best, naive at worst...why on earth would you want Indonesian style law in Australia..?? are you really that stupid..?
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 11:24pm
Yes, we should be bestowing innovation awards upon these courageous entrepreneurs, not shooting themErmm ... Good Grief Fiddler, if they are so stupid that they would sell drugs in a foreign country where there is a death penalty, they deserve what they get!Thumbs Up
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Why do you insist on talking about this when it's clear you have no idea about drug addiction..

You sound like one of those little scared people who is appalled and shocked at today tonight and a current affair etc..

your real world knowledge is ignorant at best, naive at worst...why on earth would you want Indonesian style law in Australia..?? are you really that stupid..?
I know enough to say that the courts and sentences being handed out in Australia isn't working my good mate Fiddles Wink 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:02am
Do you know that in the US if you shoot and kill someone who is robbing your home with accomplices, you don't get convicted of murder, the accomplices do.LOL I thought that was crazy when I first heard but now I'm not so sure.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:06am
I didn't know that.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 11:21am
In the Philippines there is state sanctioned murder, their lunatic president said he will not prosecute any police officer who shoots a drug dealer or user who resists arrest.   Amazing how many resist arrest, no investigation of course. Many of theise murders are contracted out to the Davao death squad which often kills people who know about police involvement in the drug trade.  Great system that, Ardtowin better watch himself over there
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 11:29am
Did you see the case recently of the Australian arrested by one of these police death squads and charged with dealing on the street. CCTV showed that they had entered his hotel room and arrested him in there disqualifying their claims against him. Without the hotel film he would likely spent a long time in prison or worse, all on a setup. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 11:31am
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

In the Philippines there is state sanctioned murder, their lunatic president said he will not prosecute any police officer who shoots a drug dealer or user who resists arrest.   Amazing how many resist arrest, no investigation of course. Many of theise murders are contracted out to the Davao death squad which often kills people who know about police involvement in the drug trade.  Great system that, Ardtowin better watch himself over there

yep and that's the kind of law and order people like toll road would like to have here..Confused
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 12:27pm
Not at all Fiddles I'd rather see murders get life with no parole and in the worst cases I have no problem with the death penalty Thumbs Up Julian Knight & Martin Bryant.
There is no deterrent for criminal now days. They know they'll get released or have a very short sentence. You can kill someone get sentenced to 15 years and you're out in 7. You only have to look at that low life Adrian Bayley who raped and killed Jill Meager. He was out on the lose when he should have been in jail for other sex crimes.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 12:32pm
What a joke this sentence was for this little turd. Now imagine if he did this to your wife, daughter or mother.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Toll Road Toll Road wrote:

What a joke this sentence was for this little turd. Now imagine if he did this to your wife, daughter or mother.

as I said your scared out of your mind, the world is scary and you fel you need to be protected from all the big bad evil, I bet you cross the road and walk the other side if you seen a group of teenagers coming towards you..

Confused
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 1:24pm

Not at all but I do wonder how you would react if it was to happen to one of your loved ones?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm
Same with Muslims?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Do you know that in the US if you shoot and kill someone who is robbing your home with accomplices, you don't get convicted of murder, the accomplices do.LOL I thought that was crazy when I first heard but now I'm not so sure.

I dont know if the law has changed since I lived there ,  but I was told by the police ( at a time when there was a prowler around my house nights when my OH was away at work ), if you shoot them, and they fall outside, drag them inside before you call us, or if you are brave enough, wait until he is inside the house, and then shoot him.  Just make sure he is inside the house, because if he is outside, you will be in trouble.
animals before people.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:09pm
Not a home invasion, but just had some teenage little pricks in my back yard, at anytime this is unacceptable but at 9.30pm on a Saturday night, even more so.

Especially with a 12 year old dog who is not in the best of health, of course the "supervising" mother of these little gelatis wants to call the cops on ME, for simply defending my property, and encouraging them to stay out of my yard.

Does anybody know what the laws are in Australia for randomly finding people in your yard?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:41pm
Trespassing ??
animals before people.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:43pm
People from over the back fence.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Not a home invasion, but just had some teenage little pricks in my back yard, at anytime this is unacceptable but at 9.30pm on a Saturday night, even more so.

Especially with a 12 year old dog who is not in the best of health, of course the "supervising" mother of these little gelatis wants to call the cops on ME, for simply defending my property, and encouraging them to stay out of my yard.

Does anybody know what the laws are in Australia for randomly finding people in your yard?

for once i sympathise ,some of  those little sh**ts have no respect for anyone or anything, know their rights and if you lay a finger on them you will be the one who is in trouble. Liike to make some of them disappear without a trace
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:54pm
I'm not exactly rushing to rough up some 13yo kid, boys will be boys, but being in someone elses yard is completely a no go, they weren't retrieving a ball or anything he was skulking around the back fence as i heard him in my room, and jumped backed over the fence when i went outside, and of course lied to his mother.

I think the mother might have gotten the message, despite giving me some attitude i haven't heard a single thing having gone outside 3 separate occasions.

But how do i know this person isn't planning to hurt my dog? I'm in no rush to get arrested for roughing up a kid, but i've got little qualms getting arrested defending my dog and my property.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:59pm
Nor would i under any circumstances and I am not talking about some cheeky kids who wander into your backyard for a lark.

the ones i am talking about are the ratbags who have discovered what they can get away with and push it to the limit, vandalising, stealing, pushing old people out of the way, swearing like troopers and being total little trds. And their parents take no interest in what they are doing let them run free.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 11:01pm
Why would kids be hanging around someone else's yard? Weird as. Where are you in Vic, Beliskner?
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Why would kids be hanging around someone else's yard? Weird as. Where are you in Vic, Beliskner?

I have no idea, they are from over the back fence, i've seen them on the fence occasionally after school, on their side, on the trampoline but never learning over or having a leg over my side of the fence, i let that go, it's not ideal but it's not too bad, and they are not damaging the fence, nor throwing gelati in my backyard.

Why/What he was doing i have NFI, but i can't imagine it was anything remotely justifiable.  Outer suburban Melbourne.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 11:31am
One Sat night late I heard voices out the front so went for a look.  Keep in mind a small quiet cul de sac at the very edge of a small quiet town.   Here they were ,  about 6 teenage boys spread out on the lawn,  under the tree in the front yard with their 6 packs, having a party !
I ask them WTF do you blokes think you are doing ? Expecting to get a mouthful, and instead got an invite to come and have a beer !!
Here I was expecting all sorts of abuse and drama, but I said ,  I think you had better P.O. before my OH gets out of bed.
And they did ! Shocked  Just like that !  Even took their empties. 
No telling what inspires young people to do things.
Wouldnt want them snooping in my back yard either ,  Bel.

animals before people.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

I have no idea, they are from over the back fence, i've seen them on the fence occasionally after school, on their side, on the trampoline but never learning over or having a leg over my side of the fence, i let that go, it's not ideal but it's not too bad, and they are not damaging the fence, nor throwing gelati in my backyard.

Why/What he was doing i have NFI, but i can't imagine it was anything remotely justifiable.  Outer suburban Melbourne.
So do I and the young adults just don't have any respect for anyone else anymore. The brother & sister in law are both coppers. They say they know who the problems are and they keep catching them. Then the courts let them go. They say it's amazing how many of these young turds post on Facebook bragging and posting pictures. It's a good tool to use they say to catch or keep an eye on the trouble makers
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:35am
I'm a bit lucky in that the residential area i am in there is soo many primary school aged kids it's absurd, partly because there is a primary school within walking distance, and i've got kids to my left and behind me.

It's the ones behind me who are either in high school or late primary school who are a bit of a worry, but i think they got the message saturday night, with me admittedly saying one or two things that could be considered a threat, but i think it was just enough to scare the gelati out of the kid, he hid under the trampoline and wouldn't say anything besides lying to his mother that he wasn't in my yard.

I don't want to be a buzzkill, boys will be boys, it's pretty much guaranteed they are going to do some stupid shut, but at the same time they need to know some limits and boundaries, and skulking around a neighbours yard at 9:30pm at night is a complete f**king no no, that's how people get hurt.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:46am
Thank god for the inner city. Rather hipsters than horrible kids any day of the week!
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:55am
I think you're right Subbie or you've just got to move a lot further out to get away from. It's a shame because now days you can't even go and speak to the kids parents, because their little angles wouldn't do anything wrong. Lots of parents seem to stick up for their kids blindly

I'm glad you sorted them out Beliskner no one should be trespassing onto your property. I know of one young adult that went around his estate with his mates smashing up all the bus shelters. He was even trying to lob rocks onto the roof of his neighbour to try and crack his solar panels on the roof.  The neighbour is a copper.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:08am
For a few months some bus shelters were getting smashed repeatedly, there is one i drive past which was smashed more time then it wasn't, i'll have to look today if it's fixed.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:21am
I'm not sure why you'd want to smash up public property. Same kid went and smashed in windows at the primary school just for fun. The kid is 16 or 17 so he knows right from wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic