Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

CRIME ex Home Invasion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRIME ex Home Invasion
    Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 9:56pm
It's about time the Andrews government did something about the laws and sentencing for car/home invasions here in Victoria. You really feel for the people that have had this happen to them.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/south-east/jockey-jackie-beriman-robbed-of-car-and-racing-gear-in-cranbourne-home/news-story/20fc6b5906a505f257e88ba98b318c6b

Jockey Jackie Beriman robbed of car and racing gear in Cranbourne home

http://pixel.tcog.cp1.news.com.au/track/component/article/20fc6b5906a505f257e88ba98b318c6b?esi=true&t_template=s3/chronicle-tg_tlc_storyheader/index&t_product=HeraldSun&td_device=desktop

Megan Bailey, Cranbourne Leader

October 24, 2016 4:55pm

http://pixel.tcog.cp1.news.com.au/track/component/article/20fc6b5906a505f257e88ba98b318c6b?esi=true&t_template=s3/chronicle-tg_tlc_storymeta/index&t_product=HeraldSun&td_device=desktop

A CRANBOURNE jockey has been robbed of her racing gear in the middle of racing season.

Jockey Jackie Beriman was woken in her Heather Grove home about 5.30am this morning to find her front door open and her 2014 model IS250 Lexus, worth $70,000, stolen from her garage.

Her handbag, cash and cards were inside the car and so were saddles and other equipment.

Ms Beriman, 21, said she had moved to Cranbourne from Mentone seven months ago because she thought it would be a good opportunity.

She said the robbery made her consider moving out of the area, because it was hard to go back to a house that had been invaded by strangers.

She said the stress was not something she needed in the middle of the racing season.

“I’m racing tomorrow at Cranbourne,” she said. Beri

Edited by Gay3 - 06 Nov 2016 at 7:01pm

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:29pm
   Same sex Marriage is more important .

Death penalty for home invasions . 
 If people aren't safe in their own home then bring back the noose.

We are a very unsafe Country in many areas.  Governments and the judicial are not worth a pannikin of possum piss.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:21am
Is Jackie a LGBTIQ jockey? ... no ... then there will be no OUTRAGE from the left over this.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 4:21pm
There was a smash and grab at IMP jewellery shop in Toorak in broad daylight today. Offenders had faces covered and suspected to be Sudanese but could it be that JBE has fallen on hard times Ouch
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 7:43pm
I read about that one Whale and saw it on the news tonight. Those guys didn't really care who was there or had any respect for anyone or the law

Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:05pm
This wanna be hood is finding a little tough in adult prison. How do you think the people feel now that this little wanna be hood and his mates bashed and robbed them? I  think let this turd stay in the big boy jail and see and feel how his victim feel. Fingers crossed this hood runs into bubba who's in for life

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:13pm
Please don't offend by quoting the Hun as any kind of authoritative source.  Dead
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Please don't offend by quoting the Hun as any kind of authoritative source.  Dead
No offence taken. They all seem pretty much the same? Same as all the TV stations and political parties, Smile Not much between any of them anymore.
Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

What's the difference when the article is reporting a factual event?

That jewelry store robbery actually occurred, and the assailants were of African appearance.

Ironically, some media outlets choose to omit the facts by not giving suspect descriptions when they are African. They also choose not to publish articles which provide factual data of African over-representation in crime statistics. 

Do you support news outlets that withhold facts and evidence Second Chance? The major question is, how is the general public supposed to make informed decisions when voting if facts/statistics are withheld?

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:54am
nobody withheld the fact that youths of African appearance robbed the jewellery store
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:12am
It's getting to a point like we're living in Johannisberg with all the crimes and no fear for the law that these criminal have. It time the Andrews government did something

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 3:04pm
How about the gang hit in Sydney yesterday ?  A known to police hit man, suspected of at least 3 murders, gets gunned down in his driveway, and his family come on TV and tell us what a good boy he was .
They would be better if they just shut up and said nothing. 
animals before people.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 3:37pm
I think you might be right AA these guys should just say nothing. Seems the crims are always playing the victim
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 8:31pm
They get plenty of encouragement from the "entitled victim" industry ...
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 9:47pm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

They get plenty of encouragement from the "entitled victim" industry ...

Yeah, every time some crim gets topped by his peers , we have to listen to the family telling us what a great bloke he was.   Drug dealer/gun runner/stand over man/hit man,  they are all just the best blokes ever .  Sorta makes one wanna puke, dont it.

animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 2:09am
What do we think of this?

Executed Bali 9 member Myuran Sukumaran’s artworks on show at Campbelltown Arts Centre

Sydney Festival: Bali Nine member Myuran Sukumaran's exhibition to include self-portraits from his final hours

Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 8:37am
Dr E that goes right up there with the Victorian government buyer Ned Kelly's old house to make a museum. Paid a million dollars for a run down old shack to glorify a convicted armed robber & murder. I don't see why there is a need to glorify convicted convicts. I wonder how the family's of the people who took or died from the drugs Myuran sold feel about it?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

nobody withheld the fact that youths of African appearance robbed the jewellery store

I prefer the American English spelling, jewelry. 

I read news reports from a number of outlets that did not include a description of the offenders. Strange considering they are on the run.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Rattlesnake Rattlesnake wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I prefer the American English spelling, jewelry. 

I read news reports from a number of outlets that did not include a description of the offenders. Strange considering they are on the run.

This is not America, yet, although their "cuture" is taking over

You drink Gloria Jean's coffee too Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 2:43pm
It's not England anymore either, which is where jewellery is derived from.

How about re-directing your attention to the topic at hand.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 2:52pm
Australia uses English English, we all don't bend over and let the Yanks have their way
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Toll Road Toll Road wrote:

Dr E that goes right up there with the Victorian government buyer Ned Kelly's old house to make a museum. Paid a million dollars for a run down old shack to glorify a convicted armed robber & murder. I don't see why there is a need to glorify convicted convicts. I wonder how the family's of the people who took or died from the drugs Myuran sold feel about it?

He's freaking dead, fiddlesticks. Am sure those that wanted him to pay are well and truly satisfied with a gun to the freaking head.......sheesh......
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 12:46pm
I truly am miffed how my post was hidden and something much more hardcore like subby's is not...if I had made that post subby made it would have been deleted without a doubt..

stop babying us gay...Toll Road is a big boy now he doesn't need you protecting him from me..

Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

I truly am miffed how my post was hidden and something much more hardcore like subby's is not...if I had made that post subby made it would have been deleted without a doubt..

stop babying us gay...Toll Road is a big boy now he doesn't need you protecting him from me..

Maybe the armed robber took it you post? or the Apex gang got it? LOL
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

He's freaking dead, fiddlesticks. Am sure those that wanted him to pay are well and truly satisfied with a gun to the freaking head.......sheesh......
Guess he got what he deserved then Wink
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 1:28pm

How did he get what he deserved? He got what the law of Indonesia dictated, that is all.

And as for what the families of drug takers feel about the dealers, who cares? Their anger should be directed towards the users who made the choice to take drugs in the first place. I always here people saying drug dealers are murderers and the like. Rubbish! While they are generally very unsavoury characters, they are not murdering anyone. People need to take more responsibility for their own actions.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

How did he get what he deserved? He got what the law of Indonesia dictated, that is all.

And as for what the families of drug takers feel about the dealers, who cares? Their anger should be directed towards the users who made the choice to take drugs in the first place. I always here people saying drug dealers are murderers and the like. Rubbish! While they are generally very unsavoury characters, they are not murdering anyone. People need to take more responsibility for their own actions.
That's right E&E they got what they deserved under Indonesian law. Maybe Australia should have a look at Indonesia and other country laws & sentencing is carried out. Instead of the soft approach we have here in Australia with a little slap on the wrist and a cuddle

Indeed people to have to be held accountable for their own actions. I wonder how you would feel if a drug dealer was selling to family member or child?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 6:10pm

That's right E&E they got what they deserved under Indonesian law. Maybe Australia should have a look at Indonesia and other country laws & sentencing is carried out. Instead of the soft approach we have here in Australia with a little slap on the wrist and a cuddle

Indeed people to have to be held accountable for their own actions. I wonder how you would feel if a drug dealer was selling to family member or child?

I would act to remove the family member from the situation. But ultimately it comes down to personal choice and taking responsibility for ones actions. And the example of "if it was one of my family members" grown up purely to try to get me into some backdown of my beliefs won't work. I believe what I believe regardless of who is involved.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 7:36pm

I would act to remove the family member from the situation. But ultimately it comes down to personal choice and taking responsibility for ones actions. And the example of "if it was one of my family members" grown up purely to try to get me into some backdown of my beliefs won't work. I believe what I believe regardless of who is involved.
I agree as we all would try to remove the family member from that situation. But we all can't and I know it's their responsibility to try and remove themselves. BUT it doesn't always work out that way. SO how would you feel towards the low life that that sold your child, brother, wife, parents or any other family member drugs> Even when they were trying to get off them?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic