Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Craig Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craig Williams
    Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:09am
that ride on Sir Bacchus was horrible

I am sick of the gelati he dishes up week in week out and gets away with.

Edited by Gay3 - 11 Feb 2018 at 7:58am
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:12am
I wish he'd retire.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:34am
Keep talking through your kick fellas, third in the premiership with far less opportunities than the two ahead of him.
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:43am
Give it up. He's a jockey, they ride 500 - 600kg beasts around a course, and a short course at that, which doesn't give the jockey much time to make a decision or calculate where the others are making their runs. Bad ride? Yes. Will other jockeys do it? Yes.

Maybe we should adopt straight racing everywhere with lanes, bit like 100m sprint. No interference, no finding trouble. Just a straight lane. Then get rid of jockeys all together. Put on robots, let the punters all have a crack at controlling the robots (as long as they're invested on the horse), maybe even let the owners do it

Either way, we all eff up, you guys are just lucky your not being judged on national tv
Ermyn Lodge View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ermyn Lodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 1:18am
Moonee Valley and Canterbury pony tracks should be closed. Wide draws make racing a little more dangerous and severely disadvantage some runners. Jockeys are often victims of circumstance. Cities do not need 3 tracks. Better to build a training only complex out of town where horses can enjoy country settings than be trussed up in boxes. Then city tracks can be more readily maintained without wear and tear of training and trials with the infield made into a golf course or other sporting facility.
JimmyUK View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 1:27am
Alot of sore losers on this forum tonight.

If he wins then Williams is an amazing jockey. If he loses then punters eviscerate him. Perhaps the horse was a piece of turd and it's not entirely his fault.

Is there anyway I can delete my account? This forum is depressing.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by JimmyUK JimmyUK wrote:

Alot of sore losers on this forum tonight.

If he wins then Williams is an amazing jockey. If he loses then punters eviscerate him. Perhaps the horse was a piece of turd and it's not entirely his fault.

Is there anyway I can delete my account? This forum is depressing.

Anybody who says "Perhaps the horse is a piece of turd" should be banned for life from the forum, You piece of turd. 

I should be safe with that comment a halfwit would know if they do not want to participate they simply would not return.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

What exactly was wrong with the ride ?

This is Moonee Valley, You have to factor in hard luck stories into your pricing of a runner.

Williams would have need a helicopter to get into the clear.

reductio ad absurdum
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

What exactly was wrong with the ride ?

This is Moonee Valley, You have to factor in hard luck stories into your pricing of a runner.

Williams would have need a helicopter to get into the clear.

Willie Pike only needed a pogo stick to get Elite Belle clear in the 2014 Railway Stakes.....good times
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 11:22am
Probably rides 3 or 4 winners today and sticks it right up the critics. But that's racing...
JimmyUK View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 11:34am
Punters are a fickle lot. The best hoops win about 25℅ of races, so even they lose three quarters of the time.
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Keep talking through your kick fellas, third in the premiership with far less opportunities than the two ahead of him.

Too right Blacknight.

Rode a treble at the last Sat metro meeting and the Vic metro premiership last season but never let cold hard facts get in the way of potting someone.

Djebel is right. If you want to bet at Moonee Valley then caveat emptor because it's always going to produce hard luck stories
It's only called gambling when you lose
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:29pm
My theory on Craig. He studies races a lot and his prep is excellent. However, when the speed map doesntplan out, or the race is different, he lacks the quick thinking to step into plan B. Oliver and Bowman leave him for dead in this aspect. His bad rides are consistently worse than other elite jockeys and he rides poor more often. I don't think its a coincidence.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Ermyn Lodge Ermyn Lodge wrote:

Moonee Valley and Canterbury pony tracks should be closed. Wide draws make racing a little more dangerous and severely disadvantage some runners. Jockeys are often victims of circumstance. Cities do not need 3 tracks. Better to build a training only complex out of town where horses can enjoy country settings than be trussed up in boxes. Then city tracks can be more readily maintained without wear and tear of training and trials with the infield made into a golf course or other sporting facility.

By gee Kev,.take away Eagle Farm and the Sunshine Coast,..and all the rest of your tracks up there are " depends"
tracks,..you need variation not only by design,.but also to make decisions outside the square IMO.
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 1:01pm
I would agree with that subby. He's usually a good judge, especially of track conditions. But brain farts happen, and the valley wouldn't help him either. Blake shinn is another jockey i reckon struggles to read the valley. His ride on my country showed he didn't read the race/track
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm
I agree with djebel,you have to expect the worst when betting at Moonee Valley.

MV is the only Victorian track I've visited (1969)and I came away thinking,what a rubbish track (to bet)

as for Craig Williams,if you want to condemn a ride,look to BRAZEN BEAU in the Diamond Jubilee.
Then again,he could have been riding to instructions.

If not,it Ran 2nd after all,nearly pinched it.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 2:44pm
It was Williams' decision to head out there on his own in the DJ Red. Travesty beaten.
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 4:23pm
Most overated jockey in Australia... there is a reason why the other jocks call him Windy Williams.
JimmyUK View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 4:46pm
And if he wins Craig is invited for Thanksgiving.

Punters are c$nts.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Most overated jockey in Australia... there is a reason why the other jocks call him Windy Williams.
More likely because hes one of only a handlful of honest jocks left.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 4:53pm
and go.
Sunline...simply supreme
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 4:55pm
LOL..................................................................Ouch
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 4:56pm
No stewards in Melbourne so Craigy goes on his merry way 
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 4:58pm
Haha, wow.. this guy is unbelievable
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 5:02pm
Apart from destroying the stud value of every 3 year old he gets on,not sure what Hayes sees in him.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 5:12pm
I just came here to create a thread..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 5:17pm
As I've said many times, Williams rides for luck far too often. 

Fuhryk looked disappointing late but it's hard to tell what she might have done had she got galloping room early in the straight.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 5:20pm
I think he must be a secret agent for some heavy hitting betfair punters.
Dodgy as dodgy can be.
Scum P O S
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:14pm
He absolutely pulled their pants down in the Memsie. Allowed to get ridiculously slow early sectionals.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:15pm
Craig out of the naughty corner now ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>