Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Craig Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:38pm
So it does happen ! Alas, for every such soul, there are 100 who consider themselves persecuted by the deeds of rogue jockeys.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I'm still waiting to hear from someone who was gifted a winner, because some jockey on an opposing runner, rode a dodgy race. One day......

I had $10 on Prince of Penzance in the Melbourne Cup, did send a thank you message to Dettori

You must have lost Goodie's address?
Sunline...simply supreme
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:03pm
Yes, Goodie certainly had some input that carnival.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

In all seriousness, they weren't going that hard in the Everest and Williams was on a G1 1400m animal that does most of his winning from the pointy end of the pack... in my mind, he wussed out of a speed battle that didn't exist.

There wasn't a speed battle,cos he wusses out.
If he decides to go forward, what do you think was going to happen?
He was never going to be allowed to settle in front of the winner.
Doesn't that leave him 3 wide no cover,after using gas for his aborted attempt to be outside leader ?
There would be a lot more people howling on him in that scenario.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
Use your imagination a little, rusty. You apply the pressure and, yes, quite possibly McEvoy says you're not crossing me and kicks up. But what does that do? It starts to string them out in behind. You then snag back with the knowledge you've at least tried to obtain outside the lead and failed, and should have a far easier job of finding Redzel's back while being in touch with the speed.

I said all this at the time. I also said that 3 wide outside Redzel was a far better option than the decision he made and the place he ended up. It's one gentle turn over the Randwick 1200m and he is a proven, on speed, pressure horse who loves a slog up top and wins with that sort of ride. He does not win with an off pace ride.
Sunline...simply supreme
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Use your imagination a little, rusty. You apply the pressure and, yes, quite possibly McEvoy says you're not crossing me and kicks up. But what does that do? It starts to string them out in behind. You then snag back with the knowledge you've at least tried to obtain outside the lead and failed, and should have a far easier job of finding Redzel's back while being in touch with the speed.

I said all this at the time. I also said that 3 wide outside Redzel was a far better option than the decision he made and the place he ended up. It's one gentle turn over the Randwick 1200m and he is a proven, on speed, pressure horse who loves a slog up top and wins with that sort of ride. He does not win with an off pace ride.

OK for Vega but not Jukebox?

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

I'm still waiting to hear from someone who was gifted a winner, because some jockey on an opposing runner, rode a dodgy race. One day......

I had $10 on Prince of Penzance in the Melbourne Cup, did send a thank you message to Dettori

You must have lost Goodie's address?

Haha that too.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

OK for Vega but not Jukebox?

Haha you know I thought of you and that conversation when I wrote the above.

Absolutely. Jukebox is no Vega Magic for a start.

Secondly my comment above is that it's a better alternative to going back and sitting deep. I was unhappy he didn't take what was an easy lead on Jukebox but would have been even more unhappy had he snagged him back like he did on Vega Magic.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:38pm
If you look at William's record, he is inclined to ride horses forward, a bit less than the average jock.
room for a slew View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote room for a slew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 4:20pm
Curious to see how he will ride Amelies Star.

jeez he better not be 5 wide with no cover and fark around

id rather he go back and try slot in or go across like jameka did from barrier 13 last year
Donald Hiltonson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald Hiltonson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:24pm

Or perhaps it could have spouted a propeller out of its arse and hovercrafted to victory right over the top of the field. Use your imagination...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald Hiltonson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

In all seriousness, they weren't going that hard in the Everest and Williams was on a G1 1400m animal that does most of his winning from the pointy end of the pack... in my mind, he wussed out of a speed battle that didn't exist.

Doesn't that leave him 3 wide no cover,after using gas for his aborted attempt to be outside leader ?

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good whinge rusty
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:54pm
There's a big difference between easing a horse in running and Reefing the bit back in his mouth. It was moronic what Williams did.
Kept going forward he may have been 3 wide on the lead. A lot better than pilling the crap out of the horse, fighting it to sit 3 wide mid field.
Dumb dumb dumb ride
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:32pm
Donald is the only person I know not bagging Williams. Maybe he's the only one who is right.
Sunline...simply supreme
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

There's a big difference between easing a horse in running and Reefing the bit back in his mouth. It was moronic what Williams did.
Kept going forward he may have been 3 wide on the lead. A lot better than pilling the crap out of the horse, fighting it to sit 3 wide mid field.
Dumb dumb dumb ride
     I don't think he reefed it back ,sat quietly on it looking to get in for a half furlong ,then took a stronger hold the horse resented that , but he never had a strong hold of it for long , he rode it good.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:56am
Vega Magic just not good enough & never likely from that gate. Luck plays a part & the probability of bad luck from that gate increased.

Anyone who lost money on him needs to recognise that played a bigger part than the jock. 

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Donald Hiltonson Donald Hiltonson wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good whinge rusty

How is it a whinge, saying Williams is damned if he does,or damned if he doesn't?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald Hiltonson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:34am
You misunderstood me Rusty Nails. I agree with what you are saying. Either way the horse was going to get beat. But others don’t want to let the facts get in the way of a whinge.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Donald Hiltonson Donald Hiltonson wrote:

You misunderstood me Rusty Nails. I agree with what you are saying. Either way the horse was going to get beat. But others don’t want to let the facts get in the way of a whinge.

Interesting interpretation of the word fact there Donald. Horse was beaten under a length making up lengths in the straight, has a record under HHD of sitting on pace without cover and winning. As a disinterested observer, I have no doubt VM lost because of the negative ride, not because he was trapped wide. Easy to say in hindsight of course.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 8:36pm
Facts
Platinum View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 2:49pm
What a ride on property. Goes out to northern Siberia instead of the inside
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 3:15pm
Non trier? Could have followed the winner round the corner but instead shot out for the long grass. Poor effort.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 3:36pm
Anyone know his address?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:06pm
LOL  After his winning day today,,,,,,carry on .  Big smile   Talking thru your pockets maybe ??  LOL

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 8:47am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

LOL  After his winning day today,,,,,,carry on .  Big smile   Talking thru your pockets maybe ??  LOL

Bingo AA..     Poor Craig , I feel for him.
He did go forward on Amelie's Star yesterday and look where that got him.
I'm waiting on the " unders " The Everest Runner up and the winner
will be served up next time.
Redzel will get run over down the straight 6.   
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Bingo AA..     Poor Craig , I feel for him.
He did go forward on Amelie's Star yesterday and look where that got him.
I'm waiting on the " unders " The Everest Runner up and the winner
will be served up next time.
Redzel will get run over down the straight 6.   

Trainers always say they leave the riding to the jockeys but I doubt it.Wink Williams said that he rode Amelie's Star that way because he was told to. I wonder whether the Vega Magic ride was a surprise to Weir. I doubt it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:30am
Hayes train VM, of course.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:39am

Hayes train VM, of course.

OopsBig smile
room for a slew View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote room for a slew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 9:01am
Gets the ride on my melb cup horse.

might as well throw my futures bets on wall of fire in the bin.

fair dinkum.

After the gelati of vega magic and Amelies star

Can he make it a trifecta of fark ups on horses im on at good odds.

Yes there is precedent that he will
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 9:31am
I thought Wall Of Fire is under an injury cloud?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>