Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:40pm
I'll stay out of this one AA...

Until You can cope with the term Rectum.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Valium is one of the wonder drugs ... Mild tranquiliser effect , safe until idiots start taking it by the handfull. That applies with anything though.

Thyroid desease is treatable and will cause coronary symptoms.   The blood tests should show that up.
Cileac is now being treated with more urgency and the family that seem to go together is Thyroid , Cileac and surprisingly MS.
The thyroid has its motor in the hindbrain The Pituitary gland .

All these systems are interlinked and smart as medicine is ... No one has a real clue as to what fails first = The chicken or the egg.
Lack of B12 vit D ...   Pale sallow complexion , hairless arms & legs ( in men )can be related sign .

Now my advice to give yourself an egual chance , when you get ill is
ask your dog to piss on the posts you have labelled with each ill, and the diagnosis will be as good as any GP's .

STAYER .. Promise to show this post to your father and your brother.

I reckon the Dr of the future will be a place you give a blood sample and drop off your Microba sample and in couple of days you log on online and talk to a Virtual Reality algorithm to tell you how you change your diet . 

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 4:22pm
Mr P....    Technology etc has come ahead in leaps and bounds .   
years ago some treatments killed more than the illness. For all that we have to appreciate , but accept that science still knows little about the workings of the body , it's ill's , treatments etc etc.

What do they know about MS , is a good example . Too many others to mention.
   Like a mechanic , When you walk through the door at the Medical Center
Your just another dollar to boost the days takings.

We are a long way from a head transplant.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 4:58pm
Like all car mechanics your can go to 3 or 4 doctors and get 2 or 3 different opinions . 
You mentioned Celiac disease , I looked at it a while ago and modern wheat has 42 Chromosomes whereas Ancient wheat has approx 4 from memory . 
Probably might not be actual food . 
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:04pm
Well, go to a mechanic and often you will be told you need an engine rebuild, a surgeon will recommend an op. quite frequently. If you go to a knock shop ( I wouldn't), I doubt they tell you to go home, with a leaflet extolling the virtues of chastity.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:28pm
The System is good really ..   At times as I experienced with my Son ,
Once they cleared him of Heart damage they couldn't piss him off quick enough . ( need the bed ) .   Then come the out patient drag over weeks and final diagnosis will be ulcer, cileac and hypo thyroid .    
This thyroid plays a far bigger part in illness than you could imagine .
It has it's finger in every pie.   can Give you cardiac symptoms and if not treated KILL YOU.
Thats why you need a good GP for referral if necessary and one who will spend some time analysing the bloodworks .
Mine couldn't give a stuff ,   I have to get a printout and do my own analysis .   I then wise him up and between us we are good Doctors. lol.
But a fact.   Too many like him . He should be washing cars.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:36pm
At the medical centre I go to occasionally, there are doctors you have to book way ahead to see, and others you can virtually see at little or no notice, and they have all been there for years, which tells you something, though it may not necessarily be an index of competence, it could be a case of some being more compliant with the patient's wishes, or having a more agreeable manner. Though some might be considered perhaps not as able.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:46pm
Max -- Surprise , surprise .

The Doctor's who have the hordes queue up to see them are either Handsome with that irresistable Personality .....    Or some Stunner who excites the Paternal instincts .
   Understand , if your illness goes beyond the obvious , you will get a referral and then the good ONES TAKES OVER...like DR pathology , Dr Scan , Dr MRI, etc etc....   
I had Open heart surgery once . If I needed it again , i'd do it myself
These new battery Chain saws are terrific --   ( Joking of course )
I would have been dead 20 years ago had it not been for the Surgical teams. ( I should be ashamed of myself )     
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

At 10:30 today

I want to become a Victorian (didn't think i'd EVER say that)
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:11pm
The number tested is the same proportion as the positives NSW vs Vic, , so dont jump too soon oneone.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:14pm
I know that. I to know why the Vic's seem to recover so well Confused
Refer ALP Election Promises
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

What do members of this forum believe what should happen when the 16,000 Australians , who left for overseas holidays upto mid March, return home to be placed in isolation in hotel rooms.
A. Should the government ( taxpayers ) pick up the tab on their behalf ?
or
B. Should they pay the tab themselves as they left when told by the government overseas holiday travel was inappropriate  ?

A or B ?

Well here is what state governments think the answer should be..

Nearly 16,000 Australians who chose to ignore the government’s warnings not to travel overseas as COVID-19 spread could be forced to pay for their own quarantine costs.

In the two weeks after Prime Minister Scott Morrison implored people not to leave the country in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, about 16,000 Australians flew out of the country.

The Australian reports they flew overseas March 19 and 30 even though the Prime Minister gave a very clear instruction to “not travel abroad” on March 18.

This included 3800 Australians who hopped on planes for foreign destinations from March 25-30 after an official ban on all overseas travel came into force on March 24.

Angry state leaders now want the people who ignored the official advice to pay for their own quarantine hotel rooms.

West Australian Premier Mark McGowan led the call, hitting out at “irresponsible” citizens who flew out to Bali, Thailand and the UK in the past fortnight.

On their return to Australia, these people must now stay in empty five-star hotels for two weeks of quarantine – at the cost of state governments.

State treasurers have to split the substantial costs of the quarantine accommodation, with many passengers being put up in empty five-star ­hotels in Australia’s capital cities.

Each state will pay for their own residents’ quarantine, easing pressure on NSW which is housing most of the international arrivals in Sydney.

Former immigration minister Amanda Vanstone said it would be reasonable for the government to charge a levy for returned holiday-makers’ quarantine.

“I am amazed that people with the knowledge in hand with what was happening in China and Italy would nonetheless choose to ignore advice and travel,” Ms Vanstone said.

A resounding B

< id="google_ads__/5129dm.hwt/coronavirus_3" title="3rd party ad " name="google_ads__/5129dm.hwt/coronavirus_3" width="4" height="4" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" border="0" -google-container-id="4" -load-complete="true" -integralas-id-d8e4dcc4-e1ba-23a8-5d4a-d151ae676edb="" style="-sizing: inherit; border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;border-right-width:0px; border-top-width:0px;vertical-align:bottom">

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

At 10:30 today

I want to become a Victorian (didn't think i'd EVER say that)

Just to update those deaths in Victoria, there are now six, however three of them have been patients in the oncology ward at the one hospital. Fortunately that puts those deaths into perspective for those without underlying issues.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:05pm
There seems to be a culture of Australians going overseas, get into trouble, then expect the govt to rescue them from whatever misfortunes befall them. Common apparently with people who had no insurance and want medivacs etc.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

ps was a resident of a suburb within Stonnington Council boundaries for almost thirty years. Gee, Bob and I might have even been neighbors - now that's a beguiling possibility.  Wink

He SC, I might live in the municipality of Stonnnington, with the largest cluster of positive coronavirus  readings in Victoria ( 82 as of today ) but a Stonnington Council spokesman said their next meeting had been brought forward to Monday, March 30 when financial and non-financial programs to support residents and business through this unprecedented situation would be discussed after Ratepayers Victoria called on councils to urgently suspend all rates to minimise the economic impact of COVID-19.

The state’s peak ratepayer group says Victorian councils should follow the lead of Devonport Council and give people a rates break as a matter of urgency.

The group is also calling for other measures including a halt on project spending, salary cuts for chief executives by at least 25 per cent, offering immediate leave to all non-essential services and the expansion of home visiting services.

They’re also urging for there to be no rate increases next year.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:27pm
Don't I love it ... Christina kinnealy shouting
"Where's peter Dutton"

Recovering from Sars 2 , you silly B.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:51pm
Fox news so may be fake?

China sending Australia defective medical gear is the 'absolute definition of ugly'

01/04/2020|2min
Sky News host Paul Murray says China, "the very nation responsible for the atrocious handling" of coronavirus, is trying to "pretend they are helping" by sending millions-of-dollars-worth of defective personal protective equipment. It has been reported that China has been sending Australia defective equipment with the Australian Border Force seizing around 800,000 face masks. "This stuff is defective and being stopped at the borders". "That would be an absolute definition of ugly".
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:54pm
I'm sure Twiggy won't be importing any defective product.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm

Australia seizes faulty coronavirus protective equipment imported from China

Exclusive by defence correspondent Andrew Greene
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:01pm
What about all the wealthy Climate Change Gurus finding safe havens in their private jets .

I hope Greta is feeling better.    She was really distressed about Sars2 killing us off , instead of Climate Change.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:03pm

Coronavirus: World Health Organisation accused of ‘parroting Chinese propaganda’

The World Health Organisation is facing growing criticism for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic and its ties to the Chinese government.ANALYSIS

The World Health Organisation is facing growing criticism for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic and its ties to the Chinese Communist Party.

A Change.org petition calling for the resignation of WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has nearly reached 700,000 signatures.

From criticising travel bans and repeating China's claims in mid-January that the virus cannot be transmitted between humans, to blindly accepting the regime's likely fake statistics, the WHO and Dr Tedros have consistently toed the line of the Communist regime.

The WHO declined to classify the new coronavirus a pandemic until March 11, when there were already more than 120,000 confirmed cases throughout 114 countries and nearly 4400 deaths.https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/coronavirus-world-health-organisation-accused-of-parroting-chinese-propaganda/news-story/1b8b339912d5e5a05006925f834822b9

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:11pm
the US State Dept propaganda budget must be blowing out, with all the anti-Chinese stories, if all the dictatorships over the years they could, and should have sunk the boot into, but didn't, were lined up, they would stretch beyond the horizon.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:56pm
The Netherlands, with a quarter of Australia's population, already has in excess of 1000 COVID deaths. Hard to understand how all these developed countries have been caught out by this, so badly.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:19pm
I asked a lass from the Falklands how they're going & she said so far, case free but in 'essentials only' lockdown. I'm happy to see at least one country free of it Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:26pm
Just heard on the news that 2 technicians in the oncology unit at Westmead Hospital have tested positive to the virus. 
animals before people.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

the US State Dept propaganda budget must be blowing out, with all the anti-Chinese stories, if all the dictatorships over the years they could, and should have sunk the boot into, but didn't, were lined up, they would stretch beyond the horizon.

In Seattle, WA, its easier to get arrested for racism tones - like saying its a "Chinese virus" than shoplifting...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:14pm
It is a Chinese Virus and there's nothing racist about that.

There will be some angry Countries toward China I'm sure .

The Nederlands would have been infected right in their Winter and it would be a good guide to know .. How Many Chinese came in there from China at the time their numbers sky rocketed.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:31pm
Pretty simple really.
The chinese like to travel. Arnt they regarded as the biggest travellers in the world?
Unfortunately they were sick at the time, but didnt know it.

Be realistic max, not naive. 
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 12:37am
It's essentially a strand of DNA or RNA and a simple one at that won't bother about checking the technical specs for this point and just like many others before it that resulted in a normal flu season or even less which no-one gave a hoot about.

When people started dropping like flies they cracked it and started acting like what goes on now ....  

If the Chinese were supposed to know what to and when to do and what say back then .... tell us what are we supposed to do next ahead of what the virus does .... according to these know all brainy experts  ..... must be easy to do Wink  

It's a simple strand of DNA doesn't even have a brain and is very fragile at that .... so what's it going to do next, where and when ....  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:48am
As the death total worldwide passes a way under-reported 1 million, these numbers are again incomplete. Seems they catch up around lunchtime our time. Struggling to keep up as numbers escalate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 838>