Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

‘completely depressed’ Ronda Rousey hospitali

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ‘completely depressed’ Ronda Rousey hospitali
    Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:45pm

UFC 193: A ‘completely depressed’ Ronda Rousey hospitalised after loss to Holly Holm in Melbourne

A “DEPRESSED” Ronda Rousey was in hospital on Sunday night following her shock loss to Holly Holm at UFC193 in Melbourne.

Rousey, an overwhelming favourite to claim her seventh successive bantamweight title, was knocked out in the second round in what has been described as the biggest upset in UFC history.

Holm stunned the world with a devastating kick to the head of Rousey, who dropped to the canvas and was crunched with a brutal hammer fist that sent the shocked crowd into a frenzy.

UFC president confirmed Rousey had been taken to hospital immediately after the bout.

“She was transported because she was knocked out, No.1 , and her lip was split in half,” White said.

“Obviously she was completely depressed.”

s promised UFC193 smashed attendance records worldwide, with 56,214 packing into Etihad Stadium.

White also confirmed that UFC193 sold $9.53 million in tickets on the gate, an Etihad Stadium record.

“We’ve broken a lot of records here tonight. The gate record, the commercial business. In every way, shape or form it was a massive success.

“Every time we’ve come to Australia, Australia has been great to us. It’s been a pleasure doing fights over here.”

A late arrival to the press conference after celebrating her win with family and friends, new champion Holm revealed she is up for a re-match.

UFC 193: Rousey stunned by Holm

RE-MATCH: Holm offers Rousey chance for revenge

“I think a re-match makes sense,” he said.

“I’ve been on the losing side of a fight and I wanted a re-match to avenge a loss. So for a champion like Ronda, who has gone out of her way and done great things, absolutely, she deserves a re-match.

“I don’t look at this at all and think that I’ve made it. I think a re-match is common sense for me.”

ust half an hour after the fight, Holm was still trying to comprehend the enormity of her victory.

“I feel like those are the best moments and those are the moments you live for,” Holm said.

“This fight was a lot to me mentally. I couldn’t tell you how many times I cried in the gym leading up to this fight.

“It was a lot to take in but those kind of fights are the ones where a loss is that devastating but a win that sweet of a victory.

“It’s uncomfortable but I just wanted to give myself a chance. I know a lot of people thought it was early, I didn’t expect the phonecall to come this early, but if you don’t take the opportunities that are in front of you, how are you going to expect to get anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:48pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:50pm
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:54pm
Ronda just had no inside game and didn't know how to evade Holm's jab. It was almost like watching a boxing match where the taller fighter maintained their distance with the jab. Ronda didn't know hot to slip the jab due to her limited boxing skills.

There will definitely be a rematch that will break all UFC records. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:55pm

UFC 193: Ronda Rousey loses to Holly Holm by knockout

Date
  • 1060 reading now

Matt Murnane

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/ufc-193-ronda-rousey-loses-to-holly-holm-20151115-gkzhj6.html#ixzz3rYYkSpwc
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

he woman who shocked the ultimate fighting world, American Holly Holm, says she wants to give fallen champion Ronda Rousey a re-match for the title she took from her in what is being described As the "greatest upset in UFC history" at Etihad Stadium.

Rousey was immediately transported to hospital after being knocked out by Holm early in the second round, and the sport's transcendent star was reportedly "bummed out and depressed" after suffering the first loss of her career in front of 56,000 in Melbourne on Sunday.

With the surprise result main event providing a dramatic conclusion, the UFC trumpeted UFC193 as a "massive success", with the Rousey-Holm marquee breaking attendance and gate takings records.

The event generated almost $9 million from the gate alone, so it was little wonder UFC was quick to announce that another event had been scheduled for Australia — in Brisbane on March 20, 2016.

Advertisement

Holm, a 16-1 outsider, created one of the sport's iconic moments when she landed a brutal left foot kick that wiped out Rousey 59 seconds into the second round, lifting her to the World Bantamweight Championship.

Rousey was unable to front the media after being knocked out and suffering a split lip that required stitches, leaving questions about her aggressive approach to the fight to go unanswered.

olm, known as The Preacher's Daughter, becomes the first fighter ever to have won both a world boxing and UFC title.

In the media conference after the fights, UFC promoters said that a Holm-Rousey rematch "made sense", and Holm agreed.

"I have been on the losing side of a fight and wanted to avenge my loss," the 34-year-old said.

"So for a champion like Ronda, who has gone out of her way to do great things, absolutely, she deserves a rematch.

"I don't look at this fight and think I've made it. I think I've still got some things to do."

Holm could scarcely believe what she had done, looking down at a bloodied Rousey spread on the mat as the stunned Melbourne crowd went crazy for the thrilling finish.

Rousey, billed as the undisputed queen of mixed martial arts, was in trouble from the bell, rocked by precision left-hand counter-punches from Holm.

In a match that looked like no other in her career, Rousey left herself open by chasing Holm around the ring, and after losing the first round — the first time she has ever lost a round — she went to her corner exhausted.

Holm, meanwhile, seemed focussed and never looked intimidated in producing what some experts called  "the perfect fight".

However she admitted afterwards that the unshakeable confidence she seemed to display in the Octagon was not always present in the build-up to the fight.

"There were days I got to the gym, didn't perform well, sat in my car, cried and thought 'You know what, if I perform like that, that's not going to get me the win'," Holm said.

"So I've got to come back tonight and perfect those things.

"So there were moments in your mind when you doubt yourself. There were mental moments up and down through your training camp that you have to overcome."

Holm said the life-changing experience had only added to her fondness for Australia.

"I love it here, it's awesome," she said. "I feel like this could be a second home."

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 10:04pm
She is a lovely looking girl....just which she would remove that mole under her eye....sort of draws your attention straight to it
TBV Statistical Analyst
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

She is a lovely looking girl....just which she would remove that mole under her eye....sort of draws your attention straight to it

If she stays in this game very long one wonders what her looks will be like in 10 years. 
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:05pm
49-0 Floyd Mayweather must have laughed his arse off yesterday.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

49-0 Floyd Mayweather must have laughed his arse off yesterday.

"I don't know who he is".
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:20pm
Don't worry about depressed Ronda, what about despondent LR80 who thought she was a good bet !
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:25pm
Holly looked fitter and stronger, pretty brutal fight, have only seen Rousey fight a couple of times and she just attacked like a rabid dog and was over within a few seconds. UFC doesn't really do it for me
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:29pm
Somebody said it was fake.

Does not look too fake to me.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Don't worry about depressed Ronda, what about despondent LR80 who thought she was a good bet !

Nice trolling work. Keep going Wink

I wouldn't say despondent. Part and parcel of gambling is winning and losing. I knew she was in trouble after the first 30 seconds when she couldn't slip the jab. I completely overestimated Ronda's boxing ability, she was awful. No lateral movement whatsoever. 
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Holly looked fitter and stronger, pretty brutal fight, have only seen Rousey fight a couple of times and she just attacked like a rabid dog and was over within a few seconds. UFC doesn't really do it for me
 LOL It is a sport that has that feel to it, doesn't it. I suspect though, that genre would also be well represented in the crowd. Wink We've come a long way from the days when a little old lady in the crowd would try and belt Brute Bernard with her handbag. Confused
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

If she stays in this game very long one wonders what her looks will be like in 10 years. 

i fair dinkum hadn't even noticed the mole until you pointed it out.
attention to detail isn't really my strong point ..+ in those pics above
i guess my eyes may 've wandered a tad.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Ecair Issoire Ecair Issoire wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

i fair dinkum hadn't even noticed the mole until you pointed it out.
attention to detail isn't really my strong point ..+ in those pics above
i guess my eyes may 've wandered a tad.

Thats what they were meant to do, EI.  Its just another chance for Bondy to post loads of women wearing very little.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 2:02pm
sorry,  should have been

post loads of pictures of women wearing very little.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 12:29pm

Laila Ali’s brutal shot at Ronda Rousey

FLOAT like a butterfly, sting like an Ali.

The hits keep coming for Ronda Rousey, and few will burn more than this take down from Muhammad Ali’s youngest daughter Laila.

Laila Ali, an accomplished boxer who finished her career with an undefeated 24-0 record, has a history with Rousey.

The pair have traded barbs in the past, with Ali declaring no woman in the world could beat her in a fight, let alone the “too small” Rousey. Rousey obviously disagreed, declaring she would not only beat Ali in the Octagon, but also in the boxing ring.

That brings us to this week, when Ali could not resist to rub salt into the wounds of the UFC superstar after she was humbled in a second-round knockout defeat to Holly Holm.

Holm’s victory has been described as the biggest upset in UFC history, but Ali insists: “She didn’t shock me.”

“Holly Holm is a talented boxer. She’s a world champion,” Ali told TMZ.

“She’s got an MMA background and obviously was no chump so I’m excited for her and hopefully she gets the exposure she needs to take her career to the next level.”

Then Ali delivered a KO blow of her own.

“In order to be the best in the world, you definitely don’t ever get beat up like that in your prime, period,” the retired 37-year-old said.

Asked what does Ronda Rousey need to work on, Ali responded with a chuckle: “Oh, where to I begin?”

She added: “It’s not even about her at this point. I think she can watch the tape and see what she needs to work on.

“It’s obvious who the better fighter was.”

Talk immediately began of a rematch after Holm’s stunning victory, but Ali advised Rousey against it.

“I don’t think she should have a rematch with Holly Holm because I think it will go the same way the second time, probably worse.”

Ali did, however, defend Rousey over the heavy criticism she had received for not touching gloves pre-fight.

Lady Gaga was among thousands who slammed Rousey on social media for snubbing Holm in the traditional show of sportsmanship.

“That’s a fighter’s choice whether they want to touch gloves or not,” Ali said.

“Sometimes I didn’t do that either.

“People who aren’t fighters can sit on the sideline and say whatever it is they want to say, but when you get in the ring you need to do what you need to do to feel comfortable as a fighter.

“None of that [sportsmanship] matters. If she’d had won, no one would have said anything.”

Another undefeated boxing star, Floyd Mayweather, had his own way of hitting out at Rousey, apparently using his on-again, off-again mate 50 Cent to the “dirty work” and deliver the following put-down on Instagram.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic