Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 538>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 12:21pm
   Why would you listen to a Scientist.

I haven't met one 150 years old .....     Bring him on & I'll listen.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I can't believe that so many people completely missed the Climate Change Election, can you oneone... ?

They keep slapping on about it, but at least Labor was paying attention - AlboSleazy and PalAshamed and their "progressive" party are ALL in favor of #StartAdani now - I think they've even stopped using sunscreen! ... they certainly don't give a toss about our flora and fauna anymore! ... think I might have to go online and buy a breeding pair of Black Throated Finch ... just in case!Cry

I thought it was the franking credits election, or the Adani election, or the fundamentalist religion(PVO) election, or the fiscal rectitude election or the (insert anything you like) election.

Seems this scrawny one seat bastard has suddenly found a thousand fathers.LOL

Mandate, mandate, mandate, mandate ... and mandate!Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I think your starting to accept PT that the Folau blow up did in fact crystalise an anti-left vote.

If that is so, how do explain the fact the LNP vote was down 0.6% this election on the previous.

The cumulative effect of the tens of millions spent death riding them, by Palmer, Unions, GetUp, Turnbull, Soros, ABC, Ch 9, etc ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 6:50pm

I can't believe that so many people completely missed the Climate Change Election, can you oneone... ?

They keep slapping on about it, but at least Labor was paying attention - AlboSleazy and PalAshamed and their "progressive" party are ALL in favor of #StartAdani now - I think they've even stopped using sunscreen! ... they certainly don't give a toss about our flora and fauna anymore! ... think I might have to go online and buy a breeding pair of Black Throated Finch ... just in case!Cry

I thought it was the franking credits election, or the Adani election, or the fundamentalist religion(PVO) election, or the fiscal rectitude election or the (insert anything you like) election.

Seems this scrawny one seat bastard has suddenly found a thousand fathers.LOL

Mandate, mandate, mandate, mandate ... and mandate!Big smile

Tony Abbott 2009: Oppositions also have mandates.
Also Abbott 2011 to Julia: You dont have a mandate to introduce a Carbon Tax 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:59pm
Tony who?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 12:03am
Hey, do you think Bill actually DID know how much???Embarrassed

A lot of people are making a lot of money out of this scam.

Cutting UK emissions to net zero would cost £1tn, says Hammond

Chancellor says target would mean less money available for schools and hospitals

The chancellor, Philip Hammond, has warned Theresa May that reducing greenhouse gas emissions to net zero could cost the country £1tn and lead to industries becoming “economically uncompetitive” without government subsidies.

In a letter to the prime minister, he said the 2050 net zero target – one of the most far-reaching proposed in the world – would mean less money for schools, the NHS and police forces, the Financial Times reported. The target has the backing of the Committee on Climate Change (CCC), the government’s advisory panel.

The current policy is to cut emissions by 80% over the same time period, which Hammond said was already off track. For any such targets to have credibility the government would need to have an “ambitious policy response”.

“This would almost certainly include increased government spending, meaning less money available for other areas of public spending,” he wrote.

To reach net zero, the country would have to offset all carbon emissions with schemes such as planting trees or through processes such as carbon capture and storage. Hammond also said that the country would need to decarbonise virtually all heating, meaning households would need to spend thousands of pounds replacing gas boilers and installing insulation.

He also claimed that there would need to be a ban on petrol and diesel cars as well as a massive increase in the number of charging points for electric cars.

The CCC has previously estimated that achieving the net zero target would cost £50bn a year, but the chancellor used a figure of £70bn, which has been calculated by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

“On the basis of these estimates, the total cost of transitioning to a zero-carbon economy is likely to be well in excess of a trillion pounds,” Hammond wrote to the prime minister.

May is understood to be keen on having the emissions legislation as one of the key legacies of her time in office, and will enshrine the target in law on 11 June, according to civil servants.

Liz Truss, the chief secretary to the Treasury, has cautioned against rushing the legislation through, saying that it should be a decision made by the next prime minister.

May’s stance has the support of the frontrunner for the Tory leadership, Boris Johnson, who tweeted on Wednesday that a “government I lead would win our bid to host COP 2020, legislate for net zero emissions by 2050 & embrace the opportunity of green growth for the UK as a global decarbonisation leader”.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/06/cutting-uk-emissions-net-zero-cost-1tn-philip-hammond

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:03am
I love this line ... "So maybe Elon Musk's plan to save the world with electric cars is the biggest scam of our lifetime..."

Electric Car-Owners Shocked: New Study Confirms EVs Considerably Worse For Climate Than Diesel Cars

The Brussel Times reports that a new German study exposes how electric vehicles will hardly decrease CO2 emissions in Europe over the coming years, as the introduction of electric vehicles won't lead to a reduction in CO2 emissions from highway traffic.

According to the study directed by Christoph Buchal of the University of Cologne, published by the Ifo Institute in Munich last week, electric vehicles have "significantly higher CO2 emissions than diesel cars." That is due to the significant amount of energy used in the mining and processing of lithium, cobalt, and manganese, which are critical raw materials for the production of electric car batteries.

A battery pack for a Tesla Model 3 pollutes the climate with 11 to 15 tonnes of CO2. Each battery pack has a lifespan of approximately ten years and total mileage of 94,000, would mean 73 to 98 grams of CO2 per kilometer (116 to 156 grams of CO2 per mile), Buchal said. Add to this the CO2 emissions of the electricity from powerplants that power such vehicles, and the actual Tesla emissions could be between 156 to 180 grams of CO2 per kilometer (249 and 289 grams of CO2 per mile).

German researchers criticized the fact that EU legislation classifies electric cars as zero-emission cars ...

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:48am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:33am
Alan the Parrot Jones on Sky yesterday:

Prince Philip says windmills are rubbish...CASE CLOSED>
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:27am
Whos going to watch Alan Jones on Ahn Dho tonight to have his portrait painted.
May get educated ptLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:33am
Do you think Ahn will discuss climate change with him? Will he discuss the massive defeat Jones had in court last year? I think all we will get is growing up on the farm and Rugby/Rugby League coaching. I dont think they will explore public toilets either.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:36am

Alan the Parrot Jones on Sky yesterday:

Prince Philip says windmills are rubbish...CASE CLOSED>

Jones is as old as PP
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm
I've found references from AVW this week, to the effect of volcanoes on climate to be most interesting, the latest being last night. 

"I spent a bit of time looking at the volcanic history timeline and what it all means to the climate.

I will do another video on this sometime this week, but basically all of the eruptions of these big volcanoes tend to happen when we go into a Grand Solar minimum, as is being forecast for the next 3 or 4 cycles.

As explained yesterday, cosmic rays hammer the Earth much harder is Solar minimum, as the Solar winds are weaker and are unable to deflect a lot of the protons from reaching Earths magnetic field.

So at low Solar periods, we expect earthquakes and volcanoes to become much more active, and we are currently seeing this happen with a big uptick in both earthquakes and volcanoes in the last few years as the sun becomes quiet.

Just before moving onto the weather, Sinabung reached 59,000 feet and this is now a significant eruption, I think it will a VEI 4 or 5, Pinatubo is 1991 was a VEI 6, the third highest rating.

And just to add to this increase, Agung in Bali is again erupting up to 42,000 feet, and there are may other volcanoes currently erupting. Interestingly, 9 new ones this year, but will look more closely at that later this week."
And the previous night:

Mount Sinabung erupts and may have global implications going into next year.

Good evening everyone, hope you are all well. A stacks things going on, and as if it was almost perfect timing, Mount Sinabung in Indonesia erupted last night and this one is very big.

I recorded a quick video about this, and I posted it to AV Weather Live on Facebook, and I will include it at the bottom of this post.

This volcano is a equator sitting volcano, and this eruption was much higher than the last one, and got up into the stratosphere. And that will mean that now I will have to wait and see what impacts this will have globally.

In the video, I also posted the data from the Space Weather page, and you can see we were hammered on Saturday night by a big burst of cosmic rays, and that had an immediate impact a few hours later.

So basically the impact is not going to be felt until next year, so it won’t affect our weather locally anytime soon. What it might do however is enhance all of our rain events, as we know, when cosmic rays increase, so do clouds and then in turn rain does as well.

The big question will be what it does with this developing weather pattern in the Pacific, as we have now started to see some cooling as the trade winds increase.

One symptom of these big volcanoes going off into the stratosphere is to slow trade winds down, which is what happened in 1992 and 1993, but there is a big difference this time.

In 1991, which is on the left, (pics not included) we were still in the cold Atlantic phase, and the global sea surface temperatures were nowhere near as warm as they are today.

So in 1992 and 1993, the oceans around Australia stayed cool, whilst the Pacific remained warm. Currently, we are seeing rain develop because there is so much warm water and moisture around.

An increase in low level clouds is only going to help us see extra rainfall, and likely to produce record floods like we have seen in the USA, when our turn comes.

So this is going to be interesting to follow, the cooling is now starting to show up in the Eastern Pacific, and we should then next week see a response in the Eastern Indian Ocean.

Trades have started to pick up and are forecast to become stronger next week, but lately we have seen slack trades, especially in the Indian Ocean, the opposite of what would normally happen in a positive IOD year.

So with the big surge in Cosmic rays this weekend, will be interesting to see what effect, if any, it has this week on our rainfall to come.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:11pm
CLIMATE CHANGE is the term now used by all the deluded Global warming fools , whose forever changing predictions, for more than 50 years , have left them with egg on face.

How stupid the reference to more severe weather events makes them look.

We see all the disasters now , due to advanced technology, but they were always happening prior to TV , Radio etc.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:43pm
yeah sure thing maxxy
When you look at the hottest and coldest years on record, rather than simply the hottest and coldest recorded temperatures, it becomes very clear that the earth is getting warmer. Almost everywhere on the planet, the hottest year on record occurred within the last decade, while the coldest year on record occurred over a century ago. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 2:31am
Is that based on the unedited data?

Is that temperatures recorded at ground level only?

Here - proof that some Skool Kids who care about Climate Change don't strike like their unhinged zealous brainwashed teachers and parents, but actually use their time to research and ask questions ... and i don't think any of them actually suffer from the challenges of mental illness, as Greta Thunberg, the poster Skool Kid Striker of Climate Alarm ... enjoy the Teenage Suoer Slueths!Big smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm
They take their climate denial seriously in Oregon US. 

The State legislature voted for a cap and trade mechanism It was to go to the state's Senate to become law but the Senate required 20 members for a quorum and there were only 18 Democrats. All of the Senate Republicans fled and are in hiding with militia groups. 

The House decided to send out State Troopers to find the absconder Senators and bring them back to do their job. One senior Republican Senator issued a statement warning that if Troopers tried to come and get them, the good ol' boys militia will shoot to kill.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 2:21pm
Is President Donald Trump losing his fight to save coal? Third major company since May files for bankruptcy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/03/coal-collapse-third-company-may-files-bankruptcy/1644619001/
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:39pm
"Bankruptcy" in the US is virtually meaningless - you are nobody if you haven't been "bankrupt" at least once!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:46pm
Dear Leader is a high achiever with 6 of them. Was that why they made him President?
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

yeah sure thing maxxy
<span style="color: rgb35, 35, 35; font-family: "Graphik Web", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;">When you look at the hottest and coldest years on record, rather than simply the hottest and coldest recorded temperatures, it becomes very clear that the earth is getting warmer. Almost everywhere on the planet, the hottest year on record occurred within the last decade, while the coldest year on record occurred over a century ago. </span>

How much has the world heated in the last 140 years ?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:55pm
It's a badge of honor for the courageous risk taking entrepreneurs who have been responsible for "Making America Great Again" ... you should just be saying "thank you"!Clap

You won't find any of those Career Public Service Socialist Parasites who represent the Democrates on that list - never put their balls on the line, just sucked the taxpayers dry- just like your Labor Party buddies!Wink
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 4:30pm

"Bankruptcy" in the US is virtually meaningless - you are nobody if you haven't been "bankrupt" at least once!

Oh Doc, you just don’t get it do you.

Not many grifters haven’t been bankrupt.
Not many, if any other billionaires, have been bankrupt.

6 times is proofvthat he is a man of poor character.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 5:14pm
Tell everybody , the world has not heated 1c in the last 140 years, not heated at all in the last 18years.   Tell all the kids going to school.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

Tell everybody , the world has not heated 1c in the last 140 years, not heated at all in the last 18years.   Tell all the kids going to school.

But the graph looks like the US Dow Jones since Trump was elected!!!Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 11:02am
50 coal plants shut and 8 file for bankruptcy despite Trump Socialism propping them up as renewables become king in energy production.

For the first time, the U.S. got more electricity from renewables than coal

BY IRINA IVANOVA

/ MONEYWATCH

• 22% of the electricity generated in the U.S. in April came from renewable sources, compared with 20% from coal, marking a milestone for clean energy
  • Historically low prices for renewables are driving the shift, with seasonal factors also playing a role. 
  • Coal is increasingly a money-loser, with more than 50 plants closing in the last three years.
  • For the first time, the U.S. has generated more energy from renewables than from coal, marking a landmark for non-polluting energy.

A full 22% of the electricity generated in the U.S. in April came from renewable sources like wind, solar, hydroelectric and geothermal power, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, which released the official figures this week after early projections emerged in May. Just 20% of power production in April came from coal.

The shift away from King Coal is due to seasonal factors as well as a long-running decline in the number of U.S. coal plants. In the U.S., late spring and early fall typically see the lowest electricity use because of reduced demand for heating and cooling. Meanwhile, generation of hydroelectric—the largest source of renewable electricity—"tends to peak in the spring as melting snowpack results in increased water supply at downstream generators," the EIA said.

• more

• http://www.cbsnews.com/news/renewable-energy-electricity-surpasses-coal-in-us-for-the-first-time/

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 12:29pm
22 = 20 = 42 Geek Where does the rest come from?

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 12:35pm
Natural gas,nuclear
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 4:57am
We should have Nuclear. They generate more energy from cutting down trees and burning them than they do from wind and solar in America - they are ALL renewables ... but do have plenty of Nuclear ... and nobody is glowing green, except the Simpsons.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 11:11am
Disturbing news. Miley Cyrus refuses to start a family until the global community starts to seriously address Climate Change. She wants her kids to "live in a world that still has fish in the water" ! 
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 538>