Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Charlevoix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlevoix
    Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 5:41pm
Impressive horse. Really like him. SA Derby hope?
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 6:34pm
Very nice effort today.  The Vrc St Leger & SA Derby are only week apart this year, so he'll probably go to Morphetville for his next start.

Just checked out his pedigree on Aust Stud Book......just loaded with stamina on the damside, with black type stayers like Beachside, Double Take and Librici.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 12:10am
Love this horse. One of the few good wins I had all day. Couldn't believe the blow in the market. Thought he was toast at that stage.

He's a serious stayer on the up.
Sunline...simply supreme
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 10:26am
He's a ripper.
Caulfield Cup type
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 12:26pm
Good for Luke Nolen to find a nice horse soon after Moods' gravy train dried up.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 1:41pm
Second horse was good too but this bloke looks like developing into a fair stayer. Has a very nice sustained sprint.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 1:42pm
Really liked this horses win yesterday and think it can be competitive in black type races. Only caveat is they need to get it to settle closer to the speed as it is not going to be able to give starts like that when the competition is stiffer and expect to be able to round them up.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 1:50pm
Mick trains all his horses to relax, find their rhythm & work home in the straight with plenty of oxygen still left. He was very specific about this i.e. settle in their comfort zone.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 2:07pm
Letting them settle where they prefer to race is sensible but any horse will find it harder to win when giving a start and then you are also relying on luck in running. Ghisoni found that out the hard way yesterday.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 2:15pm
Agree James, races with good tempo will be key to him if he can't be ridden more forward. Ghisoni was coming back from 1500m iirc, is normally an on pacer. Was extremely stiff. They may have learned how to ride her in future tho.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 12:29pm
Zahra to ride in the Derby. Kent thinks he will aim at the Melbourne Cup in the spring
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 2:45pm
Another horse Kent will be targeting towards the back-end of the Spring Racing Carnival is promising stayer Charlevoix.

Last seen finishing fifth in the South Australian Derby, Kent said the four-year-old would be aimed towards races like the Zipping Classic and Ballarat Cup.

“I probably went one run too far with him and he raced a bit one-paced in the Derby,” he said.

“I was keen to give him a really long break and he had eight weeks off which has limited his spring preparation so we’ve earmarked races like the Zipping Classic and Ballarat Cup.

“His two wins have been at Sandown and he’ll be the fresh horse on the scene and hopefully a few of the opposition will have run out of legs by then.

“He’ll go into the Sandown Classic second- or third-up and it will be a very light spring for him because we’re very bullish that he’ll be a nice stayer in the autumn.”
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 3:05pm
Like the sound of that.
reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 3:20pm
As do I. I love this horse.
Sunline...simply supreme
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 3:27pm
Sandown Classic,.track be ready?..any thoughts?
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:25pm
Resumes in the next at Caulfield. Looks like he'll be ready to go 2nd up
This space has been intentionally left blank
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:38pm
Put him in my quaddie just in case he surprises fresh.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:07pm
I hope that race did not break him. He chased hard all the way.

This is what I do not like about what is asked of our staying types.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:14pm
If they are going second or 3rd up into the Sandown Classic He must have been very fit for todays assignment considering that is only a month or so away.

Where do they go next ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:23pm
Entered for the Kyneton Cup 2000m tomorrow.

Presumably then 3rd up into the Sandown Classic 2400m.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 7:42am
Scratched from Kyneton and again today.

Wonder if he's got some issues or is just waiting for Sandown? Maybe Eclipse Stakes 1800m.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 8:43am
I have said it before but i can not recall any of Kents horses reaching their full potential. I realise i am jumping the gun with this fellow but it does seem like groundhog day.

reductio ad absurdum
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 8:59am
Anyone know What happend to supido this spring?
nodebt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nodebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:30pm
Add Tango Rock and Abbey Marie to that...
Has been nominating a lot of his better horses in black type races but scratching them on race day
Would have thought Supido was a morale for this carnival after last prep problems...even his horses nominated in the lesser country meets not performing
Looks like there may be a problem in the stable
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:36pm
I don't rate him as a trainer at all
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 9:06am
Finally gets back to the races today in the 2300m race at Ballarat today.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 1:55pm
Hoping to get my caulfield cup pre post bets back
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 3:09pm
Will need some luck with his racing pattern and track patterns today.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 3:13pm
Yes, I'll have to reevaluate after what I've been seeing
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 2:13pm
Flem 5. Should be fitter this time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>