Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Charges laid in relation to Lovani Inquiry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barney136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm
Birchleys horses are all scratched from magic millions day.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Yes, Mark Hunter the first phone call Smerdon received when it was announced that Lovani was a late scratching....................

Not sure if it was a sudden decision but Bensley said today that Hunter won't be giving his tips for 10 days as he's on holidays
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

Maybe Smerdons thinking he will become a martyr, I mean look at Moody... is lapped up by everyone, they all conveniently forget his numerous drug charges...

Who was the last drug cheat not portrayed as a martyr?

So true. The disgraceful racing media address it in interviews like they've overcome some sort of obstacle or challenge in their career, and their return is a sign of resilience and a fighting attitude.
Sunline...simply supreme
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by barney136 barney136 wrote:

Incorrect. Some are but not ALL

old Coast: Gold Coast Turf Club Saturday 13, January 2018 | View race field
Race 1 - 11:40AM PACIFIC FAIR MAGIC MILLIONS MAIDEN PLATE (1200 METRES)
Colours     No. / Horse Name / Barrier     Jockey     Weight     Status
     21. Making Shadows (7)          57.5kg     Emergency
     17. May I Say (18)          54kg     Emergency
Race 2 - 12:15PM LEXUS MAGIC MILLIONS COUNTRY CUP (SPECIAL CONDITIONS) (1200 METRES)
     4. Fit for Purpose (15)          57.5kg     Scratched
Race 3 - 12:50PM RACING QUEENSLAND MAGIC MILLIONS QTIS OPEN (1300 METRES)
     17. Natural Black (1)     Corey Brown     54kg     Emergency
     14. Fit for Purpose (10)     Jason Collett     54kg     Racing
     4. Pepperano (14)          54kg     Scratched
     3. Havasay (15)     Matthew McGillivray     55kg     Racing
     16. Sailor Gerri (21)     Robbie Fradd     54kg     Racing
     0. Fox Force Five (0)          54kg     Ballotted
Race 5 - 2:00PM IT'S LIVE! IN QLD MAGIC MILLIONS FILLIES & MARES (1300 METRES)
     12. Pepperano (6)     Matthew McGillivray     55.5kg     Racing
     0. Sailor Gerri (0)          55.5kg     Ballotted
Race 6 - 2:35PM WOODFORD RESERVE MAGIC MILLIONS CUP (R.L.) (1400 METRES)
     3. Crack Me Up (NZ) (5)     Damian Browne     56kg     Racing
Race 9 - 4:40PM HARROLDS MAGIC MILLIONS SNIPPETS (1200 METRES)
     13. Havasay (11)          56.5kg     Scratched

Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by barney136 barney136 wrote:

The only ones scratched are those that were dual acceptors, and all of those are still running in one race at this stage.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:56pm
Sorry Xavier, you beat me to it.
barney136 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barney136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm
Sorry didnt look that close i noticed one of Stanleys scratched from Geelong.
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

Maybe Smerdons thinking he will become a martyr, I mean look at Moody... is lapped up by everyone, they all conveniently forget his numerous drug charges...

Who was the last drug cheat not portrayed as a martyr?

So true. The disgraceful racing media address it in interviews like they've overcome some sort of obstacle or challenge in their career, and their return is a sign of resilience and a fighting attitude.
Isnt this the truth.
That tool Clark used to bleed for them that they have had such impediments put in their way and showed the courage to overcome them.
The fawning brown nosers are as bad as the cheaters for mine.
TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:37pm
Worse actually, no wonder they don't feel any guilt when they are welcomed back with open arms.

If the cheats were shunned when they returned that would do more to discourage the cheating than the actual penalties
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:00pm
Who was the first to put Oliver on when he returned from his orchestrated stint on the sidelines for fixing a race? Yeah, you guessed it.

I guess, he who is without sin, cast the first stone...
Sunline...simply supreme
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by TOLEDO TOLEDO wrote:

Worse actually, no wonder they don't feel any guilt when they are welcomed back with open arms.

If the cheats were shunned when they returned that would do more to discourage the cheating than the actual penalties

A disqualification is almost a badge of honour: “One of the boys now”

The media treatment of this rubbish just encourages them and pushes the public further away from participation.
to the victor
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:47pm

Who was the first to put Oliver on when he returned from his orchestrated stint on the sidelines for fixing a race? Yeah, you guessed it.

I guess, he who is without sin, cast the first stone...

Wasn’t it Mick Price?
to the victor
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm
I'm sure Smerdon was front row for the return. Perhaps not first ride, but very visible in his support with bookings early on.
Sunline...simply supreme
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:52pm
Would it be easier to win if racing was "squeaky clean" ? I doubt it, but people resent the idea that there is a racket going on, that they are not "in" on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:53pm
I think honest owners/trainers have more grounds for complaint about it, than punters.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:11pm
There are countless owners and hardworking honest trainers stolen from by people like this. And punters as well. When they’re not just drenching, but manupulating markets and pulling up horses, it hurts everyone.
to the victor
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:27am
No, I reckon you could count them.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:15am
No way - Gerald Ryan?
Sunline...simply supreme
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:57am
Plenty of other threads to talk about other things
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:00pm
Gay why would you need to remove a post saying Gerald Ryan is an example of a trainer who hasn’t been asked to stand down while allegations are investigated? I didn’t accuse him of anything, just that it’s an example of nothing being done in respect to wide-reaching, damning, hugely serious allegations.
Sunline...simply supreme
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:20pm
I don't mind my posts being deleted because they didn't relate to the topic

however

I want to go on record and say.....through processes,I bet those involved are still free to train for another  2 years.

In life,these days,when serious accusations are made like the WEINSTEIN ME TOO, the accused are EXPECTED to stand-down until they can prove their innocence.

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm

Gay why would you need to remove a post saying Gerald Ryan is an example of a trainer who hasn’t been asked to stand down while allegations are investigated? I didn’t accuse him of anything, just that it’s an example of nothing being done in respect to wide-reaching, damning, hugely serious allegations.

Wasn't he banished from Victoria before reestablishing himself in Sydney quite a while leter ?

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:34pm
That is correct djebel and he had to go to the lawless north, and start out at the gold coast.

The Victorians did not ban him, but they basically said, if he reapplied for a license, he would be knocked back, and because steward panels need to publicly state why license applications are denied, all the details of the 'allegations', would have to be released.

I think Gerald would be happy with his decision!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 3:28pm
Oh boy " the lawless north", I gotta giggle out of that one voyager.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

i live up here and its probably true - although not as bad as WA!
we were all set to welcome Nickolic back to riding!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

i live up here and its probably true - although not as bad as WA!
we were all set to welcome Nickolic back to riding!

It really was only tongue in cheek, but after the events of the last 24 hours who is the no.1 pick of the eastern seaboard states in regard to " honest practices".
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

That is correct djebel and he had to go to the lawless north, and start out at the gold coast.

The Victorians did not ban him, but they basically said, if he reapplied for a license, he would be knocked back, and because steward panels need to publicly state why license applications are denied, all the details of the 'allegations', would have to be released.

I think Gerald would be happy with his decision!

Funny thing, part of his gaining a licence in Qld was that he have no apprentices! WTF!
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:35pm

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:43pm
Archie has lost the plot of late. Too much speculation and not enough hard fact.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic