Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Changes in the Moderator team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changes in the Moderator team
    Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 2:26pm
I've made some changes to the Moderator team. Gay3 has come on board to help out. Wortel and Voyager have been retired from the team, in order to give others a turn. Thanks so much for your efforts guys and see you on the forums as "normal" members.

If anyone is willing to give it a try, please let me know. Don't be offended if you don't meet the acceptance criteria :)

Please pay our moderators the respect they deserve.
Regards
Mayor

Edited by Mayor - 28 Apr 2012 at 8:28pm
Mayor
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:08pm
Good work Gay....
SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:53pm
 Guess we'll see ay Quez & thanks LOL

Edited by Gay3 - 30 Apr 2012 at 2:54pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:03pm
Having fun with your new edit button already I see..ROFL..!!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:59pm
It's brilliant Embarrassed, I'd forgotten to thank you, must say, it'd save so many unnecessary posts, particularly those made on the iphones as those ppl appear to be spelling nazis LOL
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:04pm
Hope people won't get suspended if they suggest the Ballarat track is #*! awful and that most of the trainers there are even worse.   Tongue
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:56pm
I almost snagged a 100/1 shot from one oh dem Ballarat trainers.went down a half headCry  ....I will always harbor d memory of what coulda bin.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by Bundy Bundy wrote:

I almost snagged a 100/1 shot from one oh dem Ballarat trainers.went down a half headCry  ....I will always harbor d memory of what coulda bin.

Obviously wasn't mine then LOL. Dynasty Ark, 3 EM got the run on a bog & beat BMS o/o job with Cathy Payne up at 100/1 Tongue. Yes, she is by Ark Regal!!  12/9/2000 in case of disbelievers LOL

Runfer, we're all entitled to our opinions, for better or worse but you've no fear of offending this mod as I tend to agree on both counts, tho' a little less harsh than you on the 1st one LOL

Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:27am
Good luck Gay3.

I just couldn't keep doing it anymore. My patience ran out lol

Thanks to the mayor for all the opportunities to police the joint and keep it clean. I think the community is now thriving though there is a small population of posters that can get abusive without warning and they need to really think about why they're even here if they're not in the right frame of mind.
HUSSLER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:15pm
LOL
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:49am
Wortel gets shafted again.
HUSSLER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:31pm
Careful your post may get deleted, very touchy in here
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 3:07am
Cant you guys read above ? - Wortel said he'd had enough. He's done a heap of largely unappreciated work around here for a long time, and mostly done a very good job in the circumstances.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:43pm
Thanks VSP.

I know at times we didn't agree but I really respect the time and effort you've put in here.

Giving it another go I realised I was not getting enough out of it anymore and maybe posters were sick of my style.

If modding here was not helping my forum experience it was time to give it away.

That's not to say the forum doesn't need those dedicated to cleaning the place up, it just can't be me anymore. I've done my time and I've moved on.

In no way was I shafted. The mayor has always been more than fair with me and has given me a great opportunity that I really appreciate.

Good luck to the new mod team. Clap
magic_idol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic_idol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Wortel Wortel wrote:

Thanks VSP.

I know at times we didn't agree but I really respect the time and effort you've put in here.

Giving it another go I realised I was not getting enough out of it anymore and maybe posters were sick of my style.

If modding here was not helping my forum experience it was time to give it away.

That's not to say the forum doesn't need those dedicated to cleaning the place up, it just can't be me anymore. I've done my time and I've moved on.

In no way was I shafted. The mayor has always been more than fair with me and has given me a great opportunity that I really appreciate.

Good luck to the new mod team. Clap
Well Said Wortel Well SaidClapClapClapClapClap
Happy Fit Horses Win Races :-)
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:12pm
Well Wortel, I think you are very hard to replace for the dedication and time you have put in - and who knows, maybe with a freshen up you may feel like returning to the fold!
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:20pm
how many racing cliches there VSP...??

ROFL...LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Well Wortel, I think you are very hard to replace for the dedication and time you have put in - and who knows, maybe with a freshen up you may feel like returning to the fold!

Excuse me while I gag,I mean he is not your favourite person from what I read between the lines so why the insincere flattery Confused ,very unlike you
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Excuse me while I gag,I mean he is not your favourite person from what I read between the lines so why the insincere flattery Confused ,very unlike you

I haven't always agreed with Wortel's Mod style - but he is one of the too few people here who do not abuse others as a form of response. He has dedicated many hours & mostly done a good job. Until you have Moderated through one of the kindergarten sessions that you guys can turn on you would not appreciate how time consuming, frustrating and upsetting it can be. There have been many times when I wanted Wortel gone as a mod because he had caused a problem among you guys, but equally there were many times I have appreciated or needed his assistance. None of us are perfect Mods, but we try to do the best we can, Wortel included! That is not insincere, it is very sincere. It is also not flattery, it is a statement of fact.
grumpyguts View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpyguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:11pm
An internet forum without moderators might degenerate into goodness knows what. Thank you TVB mod, , team for trying to keep us all nice. Sometimes some of us ''say it best when we say nuthin at all''.
Cheers G3,
If you believe you can or you believe you can't you are absolutely right
Note to self: don't respond to loonies, trollers and obnoxious posters...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:20pm

I haven't always agreed with Wortel's Mod style - but he is one of the too few people here who do not abuse others as a form of response.
[/QUOTE]

Muffin, its idiots like you that just keep the cogs in a well oiled propaganda machine ticking over nicely on auto pilot.You are a strawman. A fool.

Is this an exam0ple of not abusing anyone Confused
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:39pm
I already said nobodies perfect Whale.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:54pm
Didn't agree with his totalatarian style , glad he has had enough as Worts was the only Mod that has given me any grief . Good riddance Mod Wortel, welcome back prolific poster Wortel
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:08am
Sometimes the visible presence of dealing with troublemakers was needed.

We tried not to let it get to that.

Very sorry if I've banned you before Noccy. I'm sure I did just don't remember when, you see it's not really that personal with me. I was banning people I thought were being abusive, rude and generally disgusting. There are many posters that want to exhibit this behaviour but now think better of it and for that we can Smile
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:19am
The person we loving refer to as Bip/oddsonbet etc etc...

Is someone here .. A normal member or is friends with a member here, as everytime they join up...( ten times a day ) they are communicating with someone here via pm .

You know who you are, why do you insist on paying this childish game ?

Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Wortel Wortel wrote:

Sometimes the visible presence of dealing with troublemakers was needed.

We tried not to let it get to that.

Very sorry if I've banned you before Noccy. I'm sure I did just don't remember when, you see it's not really that personal with me. I was banning people I thought were being abusive, rude and generally disgusting. There are many posters that want to exhibit this behaviour but now think better of it and for that we can Smile

I am pleased to say i have Never been banned , had some terse PM and and deleted posts which at times I didn't agree with , but all is fun in love and war
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:35am
Guys, expressions of interest please to moderate Joffs & General. PM myself or the Mayor if you have the time & inclination Big smile
There is the possibility of closing these forums altogether which I know would cause a large void for most of you who contribute to them.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:59am
Image result for choose me
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:03pm
Nope .... no to mr bubbles
EAD
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:22pm
Maybe you should explain or clarify what you meant by that reference Tiger.

Pretty bad if it is what it looks like.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>