Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Celebrity Sexual Accusations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm
How's the view up there on the high horse SC ?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:03pm
Zzzzz
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Better than for bottom feeders max.

ps thanks for derailing the thread
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Better than for bottom feeders max.

ps thanks for derailing the thread

You seem to be having a "pomposity moment" SC. Most unlike you, I think your account has been hacked !
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:18pm
I now agree with Stayer.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
This thread has slowed down ,    Have they run out of innocent men to hang.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
“Last night might’ve been fun for you, but it wasn’t for me,” she responded. “You ignored clear nonverbal cuesConfused; you kept going with advances. You had to have noticed I was uncomfortable.” He replied with an apology.

Aziz Ansari Is Guilty. Of Not Being a Mind Reader.

By BARI WEISS

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm
Tells a story. = Unreal for a lady who obviously reached a naked stage after dining at a restaurant and returning to the Mans apartment , to complain when all is done.
Worrying state of affairs , ?
Can I be hung more than 50 times.      . I fear every knock on the door.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:20am
I can't get my head around the gymnastics molester case. It will be interesting to see how many complaints were made to the police. You would think that if your daughter told you she was being molested you would move heaven and earth to stop it and bring it to public attention.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I can't get my head around the gymnastics molester case. It will be interesting to see how many complaints were made to the police. You would think that if your daughter told you she was being molested you would move heaven and earth to stop it and bring it to public attention.

Scott Volkers 

''Therapeutic massages'' 
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 12:01pm
Craig McLachlan shell-shocked by sexual misconduct allegations: ‘The truth will come out’
JORDAN BAKER, Exclusive, The Sunday Telegraph
January 21, 2018 5:00am
Subscriber only
Craig McLachlan denies reports of sexual misconduct
Police investigate as Craig McLachlan denies reports of sexual harassment
ACTOR Craig McLachlan says his career — and his life — has been “annihil­ated” by claims of sexual misconduct against him.

McLachlan has been ­accused of inappropriate behaviour towards women during the 2014 hit musical The Rocky Horror Show.

In an exclusive interview, the TV and theatre star admitted the show’s backstage culture could be lewd, but insisted he was innocent of the allegations against him.

With his partner, orch­estra conductor Vanessa Scammell, by his side, he conceded he had a “Benny Hill” sense of humour but said he didn’t come close “in the filth department” to other cast and crew.

“Does being cheeky and naughty equate with being a bully? No, it does not,” he said.

Craig McLachlan is supported by his partner Vanessa Scammell. Picture: Tim Hunter
He tried to be approachable, inclusive and would have taken any concerns about his behaviour seriously, he said.

He does not understand why the allegations were made.

“By God I will fight this,” he said.

“And the truth, the truth will come out.”

McLachlan and Scam­mell sat down with The Sunday Telegraph late last week, distress and exhaustion etched on their faces.

There were no restrictions on the interview, but, citing legal advice, the actor would not comment on the specific allegations made against him.

Scammell is devastated for McLachlan. The couple met eight years ago working on the musical Chicago, and, said McLachlan, “fell madly in love, and (I) have been madly in love ever since”.

Scammell struggled to describe how they were feeling.

“The havoc that has been wreaked … has been devastating,” she said.

“I have been shocked, horrified and bewildered at the character assassination.”

Craig McLachlan in The Rocky Horror Show.
She has kept working — she is midway through a season of The Merry Widow at the Opera House — but McLachlan has been keeping a low profile since he withdrew from The Rocky Horror Show. He hasn’t slept much in the past fortnight.

“I find it difficult to adequately ­articulate the horror,” he said.

“I pride myself on building a wonderful, inclusive, safe work environment, where even the little fellow who has to carry the sandbags for the camera department, I make him feel like it’s his show.

“There are hundreds and hundreds of people who will stand forward and go, ‘what we have read in the media recently, this is not the guy we know’. So (I feel) anger, hurt, bewilderment, but it keeps coming back to shock. How can this be?

“That 30-plus years of a great reputation and history can be not just brought into doubt, but annihilated. It’s extraordinary, and it’s wrong.”

Most of the allegations arise from the 2014 Melbourne season of The Rocky Horror Show, a bizarre musical about the murderous, sexually ­deviant alien Frank N. Furter (played by McLachlan). “The most outrageous show on the planet,” is the way McLachlan describes it.

When Scammell saw it for the first time on opening night she thought it was “the weirdest and most bizarre thing I had ever seen”.

Christie Whelan Brown has accused Craig McLachlan of sexual misconduct. Picture: 7:30/ABC
But it was no weirder behind the scenes, McLachlan said, than any other play. As he describes it, theatre is simply a weird world.

“In any theatre show, whether it’s La Traviata, Mary Poppins or The Rocky Horror Show, it ain’t like working in a bank. That is just a fact.

“There will be people who I am sure will respond to this interview, ‘well there you are, he’s admitting they are all perverts’. I am not. It’s just a different world.

“Backstage with crews and casts, it’s a different, naughty — dare I say it — politically incorrect world.

“People will crack gags and say things and do things that would not be acceptable at the inquiries counter of the Commonwealth Bank.”

Scammell was with McLachlan for most of the Melbourne run. “It was naughty,” she says. “I was laughing.”

Craig McLachlan in The Doctor Blake Mysteries. Picture: Supplied/Seven
McLachlan admitted his own sense of humour could be lewd. “Dave Allen, Benny Hill lewd? Yeah, you bet. In the right company.

“And again, if you say to me, ‘mate, that Benny Hill gag, I don’t like (it)’, I will be the first to apologise.

“If you came up to me, if you were that person who didn’t like what I was saying among a company of people, and said ‘jeez mate, that was a bit off’, I would say, ‘I’m so sorry’, and would be mindful of it.”

Others in the cast and crew shared that sense of humour, he said.

“The lewdness I am surrounded by on a show like Rocky Horror is, as they say on Spinal Tap, 11. I might be operating on 10, but all around me … in the lewd department, I am nothing compared with what’s surrounding me. As the old boy, I don’t come close in the filth department.”

Yet the line between the character Frank N. Furter and the man Craig McLachlan never blurred, he said.

Craig McLachlan says he will fight the allegations against him. Picture: Tim Hunter
“I am not a leering transvestite alien. (But) the naughtiness of the show, does it extend to some of the gags that the kids might pull backstage? Probably,” he said.

Those gags, he said, would include having his own backside slapped.

“If I had a dollar for every time I have been whacked on the bum by a kid on that show ...” he said. If people were unhappy with the behaviour or the environment, McLachlan said, he was unaware of it (some of his accusers said they did speak up). He was ­always, he said, approachable.

“Let’s think of a (hypothetical) film crew,” says McLachlan.

“If the general vibe of that crew is on the Benny Hill side of humour — and trust us, there are plenty of people of a certain age who still find Benny Hill funny — I am sorry, if there is one person who finds that stuff offensive in the ­extreme, if you don’t speak up then and there, we don’t know. Until 10 years down the track they come out and say ‘that crew was an offensive, filthy rabble and destroyed me’.”

When asked if young women might have been afraid to raise the issue with him because he was a powerful celebrity in a lead role, ­McLachlan said he didn’t conduct himself as a star on set.

“It’s just not who I am. That’s obvious from the moment I walk into a ­rehearsal room,” he said.

He also gave his interpretation of an anecdote in Molly Meldrum’s ­biography, in which McLachlan ran his stiletto up Meldrum’s leg while the rock guru was on stage ­during a 1992 Rocky Horror performance.

“Backstage with crews and casts, it’s a different, naughty — dare I say it — politically incorrect world. People will crack gags and say things and do things that would not be acceptable at the inquiries counter of the Commonwealth Bank.”
According to the biography, McLachlan eventually stuck his heel up Meldrum’s bottom and exposed himself (a common practical joke on stage productions is trying to distract an actor while they are performing).

However, McLachlan said the story had become embellished since the incident.

“Did the stiletto go up his leg in the hope that he might lose his place in the book? Yes, but that’s it,” he said.

The allegations against McLachlan are not just sexual; there are also suggestions that he regularly had nasty fits of temper, sometimes directed at the entire company.

“That’s a great untruth,” he said.

He might have had a bad day, but “does that make (me) an ogre with a history of just being a good guy? That’s ridiculous.”

McLachlan with some of the cast of The Rocky Horror Show in 2014.
McLachlan said that, contrary to reports, he was the one who volunteered to leave The Rocky Horror Show in order to protect it once the allegations surfaced.

“I love the show. I love my history with the show. I love the creator of the show,” he said.

McLachlan insists he understands, and is sympathetic to, the poor treatment of women within his industry.

Back at the beginning of his career, he, too, felt uncomfortable.

“I find it difficult to say this, (but) as a pretty young boy starting in TV, I was subjected to bullying and intimidation,” he said.

“I stood up at the time, and said ‘I’m sorry I am not going to wear it’, which is why I have always been mindful of making an inclusive, joyous working environment.

“The women I have worked with, supported — the wonderful, talented, intelligent women, who might have a crisis of confidence as a performer, all those things that creep into a performer’s life particularly — (there has been) no one more encouraging.

“So yes, it makes the horror of this even greater for me.”

McLachlan said he had no idea why the allegations were made.

But he feels like a victim of trial by media.

“Cobbling together distorted truths and half-truths does not a truth make,” he said. “It doesn’t matter how many you stick together.”

Throughout the interview, McLachlan was sombre.

He looked ragged and sleepless, and still seemed shell-shocked.

But there was only one point at which emotion threatened to overcome him.

“You could probably tell that jokey Craig is not too jokey today,” he said, as tears sprang to his eyes.

“Through this fight, if I can stop this happening to one other decent person, then it’s worth it.”

THE CLAIMS AGAINST MCLACHLAN
A FAIRFAX/ABC investigation revealed on January 8 the claims of several women, which they said had been ignored by managers of the 2014 Rocky Horror Show Melbourne production.

CHRISTIE WHELAN BROWNE

Claims McLachlan kissed her body, including her buttock, while under a sheet on stage. She said he once traced the outline of her vagina and made inappropriate comments about it. She also said he grabbed her jaw aggressively one night.

ANGELA SCUNDI

Claims he pressed his crotch against her. On another occasion, she said, he forced his tongue into her mouth during a stage kiss, and he became enraged when she told him not to do that again.

Angela Scundi. Picture: 7:30/ABC

Erika Heynatz. Picture: 7:30/ABC
ERIKA HEYNATZ

Claims he kissed her twice, once while straddling her on a couch. “He’s really calculated and very manipulative,” she said.

OTHERS

Two anonymous cast members have made complaints to police.

■ Since news of the first allegations broke, anonymous crew members from the The Dr Blake Mysteries — a popular series on the ABC — have also made allegations about McLachlan’s conduct on the set.

■ They claimed he held a banana on his crotch and thrust it at an actress, dry-humped a female camera assistant, pressed his crotch against a wardrobe assistant, and often spoke of sex and made sexual innuendos.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:10pm
I always question why complaints come out years later.  They are big girls, why not speak out at the time ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I always question why complaints come out years later.  They are big girls, why not speak out at the time ?

Seems to be perfect timing, they dream things up to make more money

They are professional actors, she certainly nailed the crying scene
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:53pm

EXACTLY AA= The key to SUCCess    ( Cess won't object).

Very difficult for innocent men to defend themselves.

As I have said = The answer is Women into Burkas.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm
Ready to sue; lawyers for Craig McLachlan to launch defamation proceedings over allegations of sexual harassment. @mattywoolfrey reports TONIGHT in #9NewsAt6

His lawyers just have to check his bank records to see how much there is there to extract from him first
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Ready to sue; lawyers for Craig McLachlan to launch defamation proceedings over allegations of sexual harassment. </span>@mattywoolfrey<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;"> reports TONIGHT in </span>#9NewsAt6

<span style="font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap;">His lawyers just have to check his bank records to see how much there is there to extract from him first</span>

That is normal practice .

One of the reasons you execute all lawyers in my perfect world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:04pm
Lawyers
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:59am
Some legal challenges being threatened against these accusers.

Will be interesting.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:07am
Baring video evidence there is no way a Court will prove one way or the other what the truth is.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 1:29pm
Thats it, isnt it.  How do they prove, or disprove, these things that happened in times past ?  Without a witness or video or pictures ?   More so the ones that go back lots of years.
Why didnt these women speak up about McLachlan when it happened ? They are grown adults who really should have known better than to let it go on.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 1:30pm
Let it go on, if it did, I should say.
animals before people.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:46pm

Germaine Greer challenges #MeToo campaign

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:04pm

Thats it, isnt it.  How do they prove, or disprove, these things that happened in times past ?  Without a witness or video or pictures ?   More so the ones that go back lots of years.
Why didnt these women speak up about McLachlan when it happened ? They are grown adults who really should have known better than to let it go on.

It was sad to read McLachlan & his Wife's account of what these accusations have done to his career.      Keeping in mind his Wife is a part of the show too and is adamant , that while the banter may be lewd around the appearances and fitting with the characters they play,   there is no way it constitutes any form of assault or bullying.
We can only imagine that a fine line does exist but that's what it is all based on.
They claim they have a very happy marriage and she is still performing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:11pm
Was she part of Rocky Horror?

I thought I read she was an orchestra conductor
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:22pm
Can't recall any flak thrown toward Graham Kennedy, he was a bit tropical on TV but nobody complained that I remember, could do no wrong in the eyes of the Mexicans , would have the house torched if you did
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:30pm
If you don't want to see blokes in the nude in change rooms, you don't join the local football team.

When you are a half decent sort, with average talent, and you get to a certain age in Australian theater or television, and the phone stops ringing, other than for bit parts in the Rocky Horror Show ... any payday is a good payday!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:14pm
Well you are the resident Dr.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:43am
I like Bill Maher, don't always agree with him, but he has nailed it here - interesting, and brings a modicum of sanity to this discussion ...

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Can't recall any flak thrown toward Graham Kennedy, he was a bit tropical on TV but nobody complained that I remember, could do no wrong in the eyes of the Mexicans , would have the house torched if you did

Reclusive Homo Sexual was our Graham.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm

Craig McLachlan cleared of sexual harassment allegations by Doctor Blake Mysteries producers

By Lorna Knowles, ABC Investigations

Updated 37 minutes ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-31/doctor-blake-mysteries-responds-to-craig-mclachlan-allegations/9380658

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>