Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal lowlife scumbag Pell ..!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484950
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:34am
An otherwise blameless life?
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:29am
So many questions.  

Is 'kiddy fiddling' like 'horseplay' ?  i.e. a cutesy term we use when trying to diminish the gravity of child rape ?

The full summary of Judge Kidd's sentencing of George Pell can be read at -

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

So many questions.  

Is 'kiddy fiddling' like 'horseplay' ?  i.e. a cutesy term we use when trying to diminish the gravity of child rape ?

"Evidence of an offender's otherwise good character is a factor that the sentencing judge is bound to consider. You have no prior convictions. Since this offending, you have not committed other offences.

I sentence you upon the basis that these episodes (viewed together) constitute isolated offending.

I make substantial allowance for your good character and otherwise blameless life."

As I thought. So Pell has no form, according to the judge, before or after, according to the judge, but on these two occasions suddenly goes crazy, I mean, he's never had any other opportunities, with an open door and in the knowledge people in close proximity are tasked with tailing him.

Well it might be true- I have no way of knowing- but it sounds preposterous.

"Even the things that I believe in the most, I doubt.”
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

So many questions.  

"Evidence of an offender's otherwise good character is a factor that the
sentencing judge is bound to consider. You have no prior convictions.
Since this offending, you have not committed other offences.

I sentence you upon the basis that these episodes (viewed together) constitute isolated offending.

I make substantial allowance for your good character and otherwise blameless life."

As I thought. So Pell has no form, according to the judge, before or after, according to the judge, but on these two occasions suddenly goes crazy, I mean, he's never had any other opportunities, with an open door and in the knowledge people in close proximity are tasked with tailing him.

Well it might be true- I have no way of knowing- but it sounds preposterous.

“No form” means no convictions. The judge can’t sentence in the basis of the many previous accusations against him. “Many” being an important word you should consider.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:52am
Preposterous ?

Brenton Tarrant has led an otherwise blameless life apart from 10 minutes  ... what's a cutesy term for mass murder ?.... I know, as a 'kebab removalist'

Yes, I am as appalled by the term as you are but that is how Tarrant described himself in his manifesto.  Maybe he found the term mass murderer unpalatable.  Maybe he was trying to be funny.  

But my point is that 'an otherwise blameless life' and references of 'good character'  and 10 minutes of 'craziness' do not mitigate the gravity of his offending.

Nor does George Pell's.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:04am

Preposterous ?

Brenton Tarrant has led an otherwise blameless life apart from 10 minutes  ... what's a cutesy term for mass murder ?.... I know, as a 'kebab removalist'

Yes, I am as appalled by the term as you are but that is how Tarrant described himself in his manifesto.  Maybe he found the term mass murderer unpalatable.  Maybe he was trying to be funny.  

But my point is that 'an otherwise blameless life' and references of 'good character'  and 10 minutes of 'craziness' do not mitigate the gravity of his offending.

Nor does George Pell's.

And that comparison is equally preposterous.LOL Unless you can unearth Pell's manifesto on child abuse.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:09am
Tiaz, like you I find the verdict strange, without knowing all the facts. We will see what happens if there is an appeal.
However you are starting to sound a bit like Hatch Confused
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:19am
Amazing how some people can use apparently supernatural powers of reasoning and perception to just "know". Even if they've seen about a trillionth of the evidence. Maybe we could employ some of these geniuses to circumvent due process altogether. 

Police saw enough to investigate, the DPP saw enough to charge and the court saw enough to convict. It may change on appeal, but as it stands he's guilty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Tiaz, like you I find the verdict strange, without knowing all the facts. We will see what happens if there is an appeal.
However you are starting to sound a bit like Hatch Confused

What evidence can there be? DNA? Description of Cardinal Sin's penis tatt? If they have such evidence then produce it.

I doubt that Kidd would have found him guilty if it was a bench trial.

"These are all reasonable inferences available once it is assumed, as I must, that this offending actually occurred."
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Nor does George Pell's.

And that comparison is equally preposterous.LOL Unless you can unearth Pell's manifesto on child abuse.

Again,

My point is that 'an otherwise blameless life' and references of 'good character'  and 10 minutes of 'craziness' do not mitigate the gravity of his offending.  You think they do.

The comparison is perfectly valid ... unless you assume Pell to be innocent, even though he has proven guilty before judge and jury.   

You want the law to go easy on the child rapist because it's his first conviction and he has character references.  Judge Kidd's sentencing  gave due consideration to Pell where it was appropriate.   

6 years.  Thank your god it wasn't 10.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:32pm

Preposterous ?

Nor does George Pell's.

ISIS Bride?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:36pm

Serial child molester walks free in Queensland

A serial child sex offender from Queensland has walked free despite admitting to having raped a young boy seven years ago.

A repeat child sex offender from Queensland has avoided being sent to jail for raping a young boy, after a judge ruled there were exceptional circumstances.

Caboolture man Corey David Jamieson, 23, was given community service and a 12-month suspended sentence in the Brisbane District Court on Wednesday after pleading guilty to raping and indecently treating a family friend in 2008 and 2009.

The victim was aged just five and six at the time.

Now 12, the boy came forward after members of his family saw a 2014 news article about Jamieson molesting two other boys.

The victim's father stormed out of court after Judge Terry Martin handed down the suspended sentence.

The father, who can't be named for legal reasons, said his son still suffers emotional scars.

"(He's) going to be shattered if we go home and tell him (Jamieson) is not going to jail," the 52-year-old told reporters.

Jamieson previously served nine months in jail for indecently treating a 12-year-old and 10-year-old, including filming and taking photos of the acts.

He was released early on parole in August 2014.

Crown prosecutor Melissa Wilson said Jamieson had admitted to indecently treating the victim in Wednesday's case five times, and raping him three times.

Ms Wilson conceded that without his admissions Jamieson wouldn't have been prosecuted on almost all the charges.

Judge Martin said the "remarkable" co-operation indicated remorse and noted Jamieson was aged just 15 and 16 when he preyed on the boy.

The judge took into account a psychologist's report that indicated Jamieson's rehabilitation was well underway, and reports of good behaviour while on probation.

"Clearly exceptional circumstances have been demonstrated, justifying sentences which do not involve actual imprisonment," Judge Martin said.

Jamieson's sentence has been suspended for 18 months.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/serial-child-molester-walks-free-in-queensland
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:37pm
Criminal Judgements and Sentencing isn't like the NRL Judiciary, you know, consistent ...Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484950
  Share Topic